PAGES (24)down
7 Sep 2020, 17:03 PM

V3 revisions

OKW

Battlegroup HQ
Reinforcement and healing options switched around
  • Cost from 200mp/25fu to 100mp/5fu
  • Now automatically comes with medic upgrade. Reinforcement deactivated
  • Unlocks ISG (and access to the HMG 34 from T0)

• Motorized Support upgrade added. Cost 100mp/20fu. Unlocks Uhu and 251/17

• Medics upgrade replaced by Forward Operating Base upgrade. Costs 200mp/15fu. Unlocks reinforcement and access to the Forward Retreat Point
  • FRP still requires T4 teched to activate; T4 requires activation of the Motorized Support Upgrade

OST

Jaeger Light Infantry Upgrade
  • CP requirement from 2 to 1
  • In light of Grenadier G43 weapon changes, the Jaeger Command Squad will now receive 2x PGren G43 instead of 3x Gren G43 to let them keep their small firepower advantage over a regular Grenadier squad

LMG Grenadier Sdkfz.250
  • Vet 3 bonus of call-in Sdkfz.250 Grenadier squad now changed to be the same as regular Grenadier vet 3 bonus (from Received Accuracy to Received Damage)

USF

Sherman M2HB (All Variants)
  • Upgrade time standardized to 35s
  • Cost standardized to 60
  • Damage profile of 76mm 50cal standardized to standard M4A3 75mm 50cal

M2HB .50cal
  • Setup time from 1.375 to 2.375

ALL

M3/M5 Halftrack
  • Med crate option for M3/M5 halftracks now correctly added to all variants

Updated complete notes:

Global Changes

OKW

OST

SOV

UKF

USF
7 Sep 2020, 17:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

My only concern about the OKW change, is the cost not the swapping.

This might be what OKW needs or just push it over the top, as it would be playing efficiently early game.
7 Sep 2020, 19:14 PM

Any version of those changes would be an improvement and step towards better balance. All suggestions so far are good (tbh everybody contributed sensible stuff imho) and should be implemented asap. What are we waiting for?
7 Sep 2020, 19:22 PM

Just a question, how would the Panzershreck upgrade thing work? Can you put it away and it swaps with the minesweeper, or you can put them both away for the 4 stg squad?
7 Sep 2020, 19:31 PM

Any version of those changes would be an improvement and step towards better balance. All suggestions so far are good (tbh everybody contributed sensible stuff imho) and should be implemented asap. What are we waiting for?

+1
Relic already said that the 1v1 World Championship will be played with the current patch in November and even if I dont like it its at least consequential to let players play qualifiers and the World Cup with the current patch.
BUt after that....PLEASE RELIC let the community do 1 big winter balance patch. There are so many good ideas here; it would be a shame if they would not go live.
7 Sep 2020, 19:32 PM

Overall nice changes, the only thing I still don't like is the schreck damage nerf.
As an extra argument against the schreck change is that this handheld AT may be used by plenty of stealth units: ostheer doctrines with ambush camo, stormtroopers and AT partisans. All these squads have the option to fire their schrecks at a really close range where the only thing that matters is the damage. (+ambush camo grants a major accuracy buff to schrecks too, making the extra accuracy mostly pointless for them)
Also stormtroopers and AT partisans don't have the option to upgrade with a second schreck, unlike USF with zooks and UKF with piats.

Just a question, how would the Panzershreck upgrade thing work? Can you put it away and it swaps with the minesweeper, or you can put them both away for the 4 stg squad?

I'm pretty sure you will be able to put away the sweeper only, the schreck stays, just like it works in the live version if your sweeper strums pick up a schreck.
7 Sep 2020, 19:37 PM

Overall nice changes, the only thing I still don't like is the schreck damage nerf.
As an extra argument against the schreck change is that this handheld AT may be used by plenty of stealth units: ostheer doctrines with ambush camo, stormtroopers and AT partisans. All these squads have the option to fire their schrecks at a really close range where the only thing that matters is the damage.
Also stormtroopers and AT partisans don't have the option to upgrade with a second schreck, unlike USF with zooks and UKF with piats.

I agree it is risky. Maybe grens should get some buff in exchange? (though I do understand that Sander believes that overall it would make pzgrens with shrecks more consistent).

I'm pretty sure you will be able to put away the sweeper only, the schreck stays, just like it works in the live version if your sweeper strums pick up a schreck.

I'd like to see the holstered shreck just to make it in line with the sturmpio original concept. Could also be really fun to see a group of sturms suddenly unholstering their shrecks.
7 Sep 2020, 19:38 PM

+1
Relic already said that the 1v1 World Championship will be played with the current patch in November and even if I dont like it its at least consequential to let players play qualifiers and the World Cup with the current patch.
BUt after that....PLEASE RELIC let the community do 1 big winter balance patch. There are so many good ideas here; it would be a shame if they would not go live.

Hopefully that is the future :)
7 Sep 2020, 19:39 PM

I'd like to see the holstered shreck just to make it in line with the sturmpio original concept. Could also be really fun to see a group of sturms suddenly unholstering their shrecks.

No holstered schrecks plz! Play the Ardennes campaign with rangers and you will quickly see it can be quite buggy at times.
7 Sep 2020, 19:49 PM

Playing the Devil's advocate here but this risks being useless.
Who's gonna waste 300mp and 60muni just to have a good ai squad crippled by a single 100 damage panzershreck?

I'd rather see a dedicated squad recruitable from the HQ, hell even with german at rifles.
7 Sep 2020, 20:09 PM

Playing the Devil's advocate here but this risks being useless.
Who's gonna waste 300mp and 60muni just to have a good ai squad crippled by a single 100 damage panzershreck?

I'd rather see a dedicated squad recruitable from the HQ, hell even with german at rifles.

It's worth it, cuz sturms get vet faster then which means they become much better at repairing stuff.
As for dedicated squad just use pfusiliers.
7 Sep 2020, 20:28 PM

No holstered schrecks plz! Play the Ardennes campaign with rangers and you will quickly see it can be quite buggy at times.

If it is likely to bug than no of course. But if not then high risk/reward could be cool (lots of munis tied to a 4 men squad if both upgrades were researched).
7 Sep 2020, 20:30 PM

Ever thought about rebalancing and resizing Fallschirmjaeger squad like the Brotosh commandos?
They could come with mp40 with stats similar to stens and the fg42 be rebalanced to have a dps curve and cost similar to the Commando bren lmg
7 Sep 2020, 22:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What are we waiting for?

Having the game assigned any developer to work it or any actual face in front of the IP?

People need to start to get realistic. No patch is gonna be done before tournament. IF any patch would be tried post tournament, we are talking about like 2/3 or even more months of different itinerations.

That might be as well the REAL last patch on a 7 and soon to be 8 year old game at that point.
8 Sep 2020, 13:14 PM

Removement of direct strikes with both guard isu 152 commander and jäger armour is really nice, especially for team games so you dont have all in one commander with such power.
8 Sep 2020, 13:45 PM

Some additional quality of life improvements (working with the mod and UI guys to hopefully realise these):

• Garrisoned units (including a Raketen in a garrison) should remember their priority settings
  • Fallschirmjaeger FG 42 weapon upgrade fix to resolve issues with disappearing weapons and upgrade icon
  • Manual force reload ability added for all HMGs
  • Vehicles garrisoned with infantry units will now be able to capture points directly (this will enable direct capture orders and queueing capture orders)
  • UI icon added to unit card for OKW Panzer Commander Upgrade (using a binoculars icon)
  • Added research/construction icons (appearing next to unit cards) for Ostheer Battlephases and all similar sidetech for other factions so players can see their progress without having to select the relevant tech building
8 Sep 2020, 15:51 PM

Some additional quality of life improvements:

Again great changes :) Is it really as difficult to implement changes as elchino7 suggested? Or maybe there is a chance for some positive surprises?
8 Sep 2020, 16:02 PM

People need to start to get realistic. No patch is gonna be done before tournament. IF any patch would be tried post tournament, we are talking about like 2/3 or even more months of different itinerations.

That might be as well the REAL last patch on a 7 and soon to be 8 year old game at that point.

Completely agree with you, no patch coming until the the tourney is over. But we should lobby hard for a -probably- last balance patch. Would be a great Christmas / New year gift from Relic!
If the mod team would get the approval we could even start testing in October with no pressure because the tourney will be played in November.
8 Sep 2020, 16:37 PM
Modmaker Badge

Garrisoned units (including a Raketen in a garrison) should remember their priority settings

So I assume it's working as intended then? If so, then I'm glad that I could help. :)
8 Sep 2020, 22:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Completely agree with you, no patch coming until the the tourney is over. But we should lobby hard for a -probably- last balance patch. Would be a great Christmas / New year gift from Relic!
If the mod team would get the approval we could even start testing in October with no pressure because the tourney will be played in November.

I'm just trying to put realistic expectations based on our current situation. If people expect anything more than a hotfix, then at least 2 months are expected. And i don't think December is the most productive month, so 3 is mostly a given based on previous patches.
PAGES (24)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS