Login

russian armor

LEIGS

4 May 2020, 01:41 AM

Please, please tell me how to counter these as brits I lose 90% of games when they are present, they do so much damage and turn engagements so easily.

Im not looking for a "lol just rush them" strat as they can often be placed near the schwer, it's an absolute tumor enducing time for me to play against them, what do I do!?
4 May 2020, 01:49 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Just build your own mobile indirect.... oh wait :rofl: Good thing we have free fuck off flak gun to protect them.

4 May 2020, 01:58 AM

Smoke the flak truck and give it the ol' double gammon bomb + arty flare.

Axis players don't want you knowing this secret.
4 May 2020, 03:12 AM

Just build your own mobile indirect.... oh wait :rofl: Good thing we have free fuck off flak gun to protect them.

Tried arty in a game just gone, it doesn't work due to the cool down of the Sexton they bleed me so bad its not even funny. I had a bit of luck with a mortar pit but even then its just chaos, although at least it takes some pressure off my men as the leigs fight the pit.
4 May 2020, 05:52 AM

Don't rely on a mortar pit, it will get owned

If he goes lieg and parks it next to flak try and play around the other two sides of the map and get your own med armor

If you're good at micro you could try a sniper because he will have no puma to counter you
4 May 2020, 06:28 AM

Just win every engagement and make your opponent quit early. Kappa

Or tech grenades and get a sniper. Kappa
4 May 2020, 09:24 AM
4 May 2020, 10:03 AM

post Replay

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/610390250 @About ^h11 min mark I start a game that has leigs where I try arty doctrine and fail, epicly.
4 May 2020, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2020, 01:41 AMLatch
Please, please tell me how to counter these as brits I lose 90% of games when they are present, they do so much damage and turn engagements so easily.

Im not looking for a "lol just rush them" strat as they can often be placed near the schwer, it's an absolute tumor enducing time for me to play against them, what do I do!?

1v1 UKF vs OKW I'm told usually ends with OKW being brutally dismembered

In larger modes you'll need your teammate to bring indirect fire and rocket arty basically hard counters them in the late game. Don't forget, LelIGs are only available after teching up and takes MP away from things like AT and MGs. Mind you, it is also "an absolute tumour inducing time" to go fight a UKF who camps behind sim city and LeIGs are your only hope there for most of the game. Oh you'll win...eventually.....considering suicide later maybe.

5 May 2020, 04:56 AM

1v1 UKF vs OKW I'm told usually ends with OKW being brutally dismembered

In larger modes you'll need your teammate to bring indirect fire and rocket arty basically hard counters them in the late game. Don't forget, LelIGs are only available after teching up and takes MP away from things like AT and MGs. Mind you, it is also "an absolute tumour inducing time" to go fight a UKF who camps behind sim city and LeIGs are your only hope there for most of the game. Oh you'll win...eventually.....considering suicide later maybe.

The only thing that really tilts me against OKW is obers and leigs, Obers melt and I dont mind so much, though they are difficult to fight at times but LEIGS, I can never do a damn thing against. I watched a few top level brits in the 1v1 replay section in game (I only really play 1v1) and they too seem to have the same problem as me. Everything is going fine then LEIGS come and completely alter the flow of battle.

1 Shot near your squad and they are down to half health (exaggeration of course but not that far from the truth). I saw a top brit player goes Land matress against double LEIG but every barrage he fired, the scatter was so bad that he missed both LEIGS, honestly if you play OKW, tell me how you lose your LEIGS and what counters them as UKF.

Also what is their range? I know the mortar pit can reach them if they try and fire at it, so is it the same as the pit or less?
5 May 2020, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2020, 04:56 AMLatch

The only thing that really tilts me against OKW is obers and leigs, Obers melt and I dont mind so much, though they are difficult to fight at times but LEIGS, I can never do a damn thing against. I watched a few top level brits in the 1v1 replay section in game (I only really play 1v1) and they too seem to have the same problem as me. Everything is going fine then LEIGS come and completely alter the flow of battle.

1 Shot near your squad and they are down to half health (exaggeration of course but not that far from the truth). I saw a top brit player goes Land matress against double LEIG but every barrage he fired, the scatter was so bad that he missed both LEIGS, honestly if you play OKW, tell me how you lose your LEIGS and what counters them as UKF.

Also what is their range? I know the mortar pit can reach them if they try and fire at it, so is it the same as the pit or less?

Ranges are auto/barrage respectively as best as I can find:
LeIG: 80/100
Mortar pit: 90/115

Mortar pit outranges but you'll still need to manually barrage in order to get at those barraging ISGs. Countering ISGs with mortar pit is ….a bad shootout in the best situations tbh. Mortar pit's a nice static large target where as the ISG is a smaller one and near misses don't cut it.

Land Mattress is cheap in fuel iirc so cannot expect Katy/Pzwerfer levels of accuracy. It does however do far more damage overall in the target area due to the sheer quantity of rockets. Probably better for getting rid of trucks if you can get close enough.

I usually lose my LeIGs to same thing most people do, an infantry push (commandoes are notorious), early LVs capitalising on your lack of AT (cos you bought an ISG!!!) or infantry push capitalising on your lack of MG (cos you bought an ISG!!!). However, without the ISG it becomes so easy to just box an OKW player in with MGs and IS. That or go 7-8 IS and the OKW player will surrender lol.

6 May 2020, 18:56 PM

Just forget about emplacements. I like to skip AEC to so I don't have to bother with T2.5 techs.

Fast Ro.E squad with double piats (save up all munitions for this, I get about 100munis at the right time) and an AT gun

Then prioritise muni cashes and give half your tommies pyro.

Also maxims
6 May 2020, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2020, 18:56 PMTomDRV
Just forget about emplacements. I like to skip AEC to so I don't have to bother with T2.5 techs.

Fast Ro.E squad with double piats (save up all munitions for this, I get about 100munis at the right time) and an AT gun

Then prioritise muni cashes and give half your tommies pyro.

Also maxims

Ah yes get AT infantry to fight a team weapon
6 May 2020, 20:47 PM

Just imagine lend lease mortar with counter fire abilty with 100 range like wermaht one meantime this mortar is good only for smoke
6 Oct 2020, 13:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2020, 04:56 AMLatch

they dont outrange the pit. They can easily be taken away simply. By waiting for a split second that ur enemy retreat and the shwerer us exposed. U just smoke it. Gammon bomb it. Or if u have double ukf team double arty doctrine makes OKW rage quit. Trust me iam an OKW and I know. In 2v2 double UKF. They both go arty commander. Trust me u can literally destroy the shwerer in 12 seconds or less. I swear
6 Oct 2020, 15:01 PM

How to counter Leig as UKF? Spam Infantry Sections, bolster early and blob down whatever OKW infantry you face. If a OKW player goes hardcore turtle mode just go Royal Arty and invest all your muni into constant barraging.
3 Jan 2021, 05:55 AM

You can also try using land mattress to counter them with indrect fire.
I had a game where I just nuked his base and double ISGs with double land mattresses.

The key is to secure your flanks with vickers hmg and 6 pounders (and of course not die until your mattress is out) while holding middle, usually grounds behind the middle VP
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★