Login

russian armor

Call in Meta

25 Apr 2020, 11:15 AM

Can we pls remove panic button call ins ingame pls.

Had several games right now in 1v1, where americans at the brink of defeat in the early game, pressed their panic call in bullshit vehicle and got away with it. Since mobile defence meta, we wanted to get rid of this shit. And it is still in the game.

I demand to remove this shit and make it buildable, unless i get a call in puma a 4 cp to panic out myself.
25 Apr 2020, 11:17 AM

Is the "panic button call-in vehicle" by a chance.... a 5cp greyhound?
Because no other USF call-in vehicle got much of an impact.
25 Apr 2020, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 11:17 AMKatitof
Is the "panic button call-in vehicle" by a chance.... a 5cp greyhound?
Because no other USF call-in vehicle got much of an impact.

Y, and it is 4 cp, if i recall correctly. There is absolutly no reason to have this a call in ability
25 Apr 2020, 11:50 AM

25 Apr 2020, 11:52 AM

Just get a 222 and a pak and you'll send those greyhounds to hell no problemo, only problem is if he gets a lead but if you're wehr you should get a p4 out before his sherman since he probably double invested in his early-mid game.

With okw just go luchs+puma or just pumas straight into p4 or tiger/panther, luchs+raketten deals with greyhounds pretty decently as well

Though greyhounds are super annoying to deal with as they have some insane burst potenial with thier ability and get almost t70 levels of damages once they add on the top gunner, that said if you know he's got two light vehicles, get more conservative and wait for a chance to punish him.
25 Apr 2020, 12:05 PM

I suppose hoping they'll blunder into a Teller is too much to ask against good players....?
25 Apr 2020, 12:11 PM

Y, and it is 4 cp, if i recall correctly. There is absolutly no reason to have this a call in ability

A 222 can deal with it.
25 Apr 2020, 12:33 PM

. At 4CPs a USF player will have the tech up to create similar vehicles. Call-ins only become a problem when they allow you to skip tech entirely - such as back in the day with Ost Mechanized assault allowing you to stay on T2 all game and still get StugEs and tigers.

There are a lot of call-ins in the game that are completely fine, such as guards, command P4s and many others. I would count the Greyhound among them.
25 Apr 2020, 13:06 PM

If 1 unit comming out ruins your 'win' it was not that big of a win anyway...
25 Apr 2020, 15:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

you should ve seen this game 4 years ago

What, you didn't like infinte T34-85s vs infinite Tigers ?

:banned:

TBH, in the case of Greyhound, if they were gonna remove the "call in", it would be arriving sooner than now.
What would be the point of having the unit when you can either get a Stuart/AA HT depending on officer choice.
25 Apr 2020, 16:10 PM

My complain is not about the powerlevel of the greyhound - the unit itself is balanced - but the fact, that after a close engagement, where i could have stolen 2 team weapons (which is hard enough with only 4 model-inf as OST), i get punished by a Panic-button-call in, which kills everything.

One could say, it was a misplay and i was too greedy. But it is just unrewarding. Imo, this kind of habit led to the cancer, that mobile defence was.

What?! i get chased by a t70? Better call in a Puma to ruin this tanks day.

I see many simmilarities here, even though a puma is more viable through the game. Nonetheless Panic button abilitys shouldnt have a place in this game

25 Apr 2020, 16:26 PM

My complain is not about the powerlevel of the greyhound - the unit itself is balanced - but the fact, that after a close engagement, where i could have stolen 2 team weapons (which is hard enough with only 4 model-inf as OST), i get punished by a Panic-button-call in, which kills everything.

One could say, it was a misplay and i was too greedy. But it is just unrewarding. Imo, this kind of habit led to the cancer, that mobile defence was.

What?! i get chased by a t70? Better call in a Puma to ruin this tanks day.

I see many simmilarities here, even though a puma is more viable through the game. Nonetheless Panic button abilitys shouldnt have a place in this game

How is it any different then you running up against commandos or thompson paras with ability turned on on your retreat?

Where were you for that situation to happen? His base sector?
25 Apr 2020, 16:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 16:26 PMKatitof

How is it any different then you running up against commandos or thompson paras with ability turned on on your retreat?

Where were you for that situation to happen? His base sector?

A vehicle that can chase an atg running away immediately aint comparable to an inf. unit, that takes time to land with a glider. 2 very different situations.
25 Apr 2020, 16:35 PM

AI vehicle kills infantry that are overextending is a balance issue...?
25 Apr 2020, 16:51 PM

There is little reason for call-in vehicles with instant production to exist in the first place they could become build able form HQ.

The current system of doctrinal vehicles is mess already with different requirements and method of units arriving.
25 Apr 2020, 16:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 16:51 PMVipper
There is little reason for call-in vehicles with instant production to exist in the first place they could become build able form HQ.

The current system of doctrinal vehicles is mess already with different requirements and method of units arriving.

I agree with this.
25 Apr 2020, 17:09 PM

AI vehicle kills infantry that are overextending is a balance issue...?

The call in design is a balance issue; not the Greyhound itself.
25 Apr 2020, 17:17 PM

The unit doesn't teleport nor it uses a drop pod deployment.
You're not telling the full story here.
In fact, without a replay and with informations you've provided, there was no "panic" calling of anything and the unit was already on the field and very close to the action.
25 Apr 2020, 17:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Apr 2020, 17:17 PMKatitof

The unit doesn't teleport nor it uses a drop pod deployment.
You're not telling the full story here.
In fact, without a replay and with informations you've provided, there was no "panic" calling of anything and the unit was already on the field and very close to the action.

Fair enough, demanding a replay. I didnt save them, but will in the future, if this situation comes up again.
25 Apr 2020, 17:48 PM

it doesnt matter if its a call in or a built unit, anything from a 222 up pretty well will punish you for crewing a weapon with zero nearby support. thats the role of these units. if you have AT and a snare (that one is most important) the unit will be drastically less effective and exploiting you.
without a replay i cant give more direct advice but if you have nothing to stop a LV from cruising up to your team weapons and plinking away at them they will cruise up to your team weapons and plink away at them. its not a design issue, its not a balance issue, its called how the game works.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★