Login

russian armor

Sturmtiger and ARVE

23 Apr 2020, 16:19 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

The AVRE has a turret, the shell flies in a higher arc (doesn't land short), and auto-reloads with no movement penalty. I'd say that's a lot better.

In general, you don't "rush" an AVRE or ST, so the 1 point difference isn't that important, imo.

+1
23 Apr 2020, 16:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2020, 16:14 PMSully
I think the ship has sailed on it getting a complete redesign. Better off suggesting smaller changes that are easy to implement.

23 Apr 2020, 23:45 PM

maybe make it hit more the target ? member the elevation problem ?
24 Apr 2020, 16:23 PM

Can you make it not collide with some types of terrain? I saw a teammate's Sturmtiger hit a telephone pole right in front of the Sturmtiger. They had a squad at the telephone pole and lost most or all of their squad.

I wouldn't want magic shells that phase through buildings, forest, etc, but telephone poles, fences, and similar things don't seem like they should affect it.

24 Apr 2020, 16:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Apr 2020, 16:23 PMGrumpy
Can you make it not collide with some types of terrain? I saw a teammate's Sturmtiger hit a telephone pole right in front of the Sturmtiger. They had a squad at the telephone pole and lost most or all of their squad.

I wouldn't want magic shells that phase through buildings, forest, etc, but telephone poles, fences, and similar things don't seem like they should affect it.

This was brought up before, and from my memory, it's only possible to have the shells either collide with everything (as they do now) or nothing (phase through buildings, etc.).

It's also (apparently) impossible to change the arc the shell flies in, so that's not a possible fix, either.
24 Apr 2020, 16:34 PM

This was brought up before, and from my memory, it's only possible to have the shells either collide with everything (as they do now) or nothing (phase through buildings, etc.).

It's also (apparently) impossible to change the arc the shell flies in, so that's not a possible fix, either.

As far as know there are 2 options:.

Peirce all world objects similar to Pak44 (or not)
Collision with ground (or not)
24 Apr 2020, 16:53 PM

We managed to let the rocket fly in a much higher arc (it could shoot over houses) but there's no way to increase the speed of the rocket. Which would've meant hitting a target at long range would've taken significantly longer (from 1-2s of travel time to 4-5s) which would effectively have been a nerf.

24 Apr 2020, 17:02 PM

We managed to let the rocket fly in a much higher arc (it could shoot over houses) but there's no way to increase the speed of the rocket. Which would've meant hitting a target at long range would've taken significantly longer (from 1-2s of travel time to 4-5s) which would effectively have been a nerf.

Thanks for the info.

I guess that's at least a small step forward, though. That arc looks fantastic, but as you pointed out, the travel time basically bricks the unit.
24 Apr 2020, 18:14 PM

Would 4-5 seconds fly time to hit the target be a huge nerf compared to 1-2 seconds to hit the ground 10' in front of the target tho?
24 Apr 2020, 18:45 PM

Would 4-5 seconds fly time to hit the target be a huge nerf compared to 1-2 seconds to hit the ground 10' in front of the target tho?

Not to mention, it would allow for some incredible ambush opportunities. The loud sound would be more than enough warning, too.

This could actually be a viable change, with some adjustments - but it does change the roll of the unit (and use-case) a fair bit. You basically couldn't use it in the current "assault tank" roll anymore (i.e. driving up to the target directly), and it would instead become an LOS ambush unit.
24 Apr 2020, 18:52 PM

would that mean that no matter where you aim, the rocket will try to reach max height once?
For example, if the house were the target, where would i have to aim, to make a hit into the centre?
24 Apr 2020, 19:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What about using that high curve barrage as another option for the ST ?
24 Apr 2020, 19:26 PM

What about using that high curve barrage as another option for the ST ?

It could be a better option vs structures. Now that one can get both the KT and ST there is even less reason for the ST to able to wipe infantries.
24 Apr 2020, 19:28 PM

Really? Faust speed was adjusted in the latest update wasn't it? What makes the ST different?
24 Apr 2020, 20:03 PM

You could make it a vet 1 ability. So vet 0 to 3 you can just fire it normally but at vet 1 you can fire an angled shot with maybe like 5 or 10 extra range?
25 Apr 2020, 13:24 PM

Not to mention, it would allow for some incredible ambush opportunities. The loud sound would be more than enough warning, too.

This could actually be a viable change, with some adjustments - but it does change the roll of the unit (and use-case) a fair bit. You basically couldn't use it in the current "assault tank" roll anymore (i.e. driving up to the target directly), and it would instead become an LOS ambush unit.

That's how I feel. The unit really shined as an ambush unit and if can return to that role with a bit more warning it might actually see some field time.
25 Apr 2020, 13:32 PM

The rocket seems to vanish,no?
25 Apr 2020, 23:54 PM

Give ST more armor than the Pz IV (Tiger lvl), and let it again shoot through everything and it is fine.
14 May 2020, 22:28 PM

I just watched Skippy use a Sturmtiger on Port of Hamburg. He got it to Vet 5 with over 50 kills. Like a lot of other units, it seems pretty good in certain situations. Skippy was fighting over the center VP, and used it on squads trying to cap. Part of using it was just the threat to units trying to cap. At some point, the other team didn't have a choice but to chance it as their VP's were dropping. Used like that, it got a lot of kills and he was never in danger of losing it.

It ended up being a pretty good game to watch. Skippy ended up losing because someone managed to get the bottom VP for just long enough to win 3-0. Nine less seconds and the other team would've won.
14 May 2020, 23:09 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge
Benefactor 119

AVRE is better than ST because it doesn't have such along aim time/wind up or whatever determines how fast they shoot after receiving the order. The AVRE also has a more reliable arc so it doesn't collide with terrain as often. It also reloads on the move which is very good compared to the clunky Sturmtiger.

+1

This is the crux of it, the AVRE is a bit much imo
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight