Login

russian armor

Panther

12 Apr 2020, 11:52 AM

the panther's reduction in moving precision overlaps with the decrease in size in medium tanks. It is quite frustrating.
12 Apr 2020, 12:17 PM

the panther's reduction in moving precision overlaps with the decrease in size in medium tanks. It is quite frustrating.

I'd recommend stopping the tank just before it needs to take a shot; that'll give you full accuracy.

Bear in mind that said medium tank player is on the verge of panic as they run from your Panther.

It is frustrating when you still miss even after all that, I agree.
12 Apr 2020, 12:48 PM

StuGs and JP4.

You don't need panther to counter T34 or cromwell and not every single game in every single game mode will end with heavy now that they are much less effective against everything other then heavies.
12 Apr 2020, 17:06 PM

Oh no, how could panthers possibly win a fight vs medium tank now...
13 Apr 2020, 13:37 PM

Honestly, I've hardly used Panthers lately. I've used 2 STUGs with a Ostwind or Brummbarr andvthat's usually been enough.
13 Apr 2020, 13:43 PM

I think panthers should be overworked. I'd prefer them to have he rounds, and less armour. Maybe jackson's moving stats.
13 Apr 2020, 13:48 PM

I think panthers should be overworked. I'd prefer them to have he rounds, and less armour. Maybe jackson's moving stats.

You've described P4.
13 Apr 2020, 13:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 13:48 PMKatitof

You've described P4.

Nope - panther should be an upgrade on p4. But, yes I am not a fan of current panther as a sort of 'strange' tank hunter. It should be main battle tank - probably the most expensive and best premium medium, almost heavy.
13 Apr 2020, 16:07 PM

Nope - panther should be an upgrade on p4. But, yes I am not a fan of current panther as a sort of 'strange' tank hunter. It should be main battle tank - probably the most expensive and best premium medium, almost heavy.

It basically already is, no?
13 Apr 2020, 16:14 PM

So, you want to play brits and use comets, but you don't want to actually switch to brits and use comets.
13 Apr 2020, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Apr 2020, 16:14 PMKatitof

So, you want to play brits and use comets, but you don't want to actually switch to brits and use comets.

Well, panther should probably be better anti tank than comet but slightly worse anty infantry. It probably should have better armour and be more expensive. Joke: Sort of churchill/comet/firefly with a tail and an anty-air baloon.
13 Apr 2020, 17:04 PM

It basically already is, no?

Unfortunately not really - its cannon deals almost no damage to infantry. It is more like a tank destroyer with smaller gun range than tank destroyers. To me it is a bit funny as you bsaically have to close in with it to deal damage to infantry from its mgs not from its cannon. It is just strange for my taste and ruins my game experience a bit.
13 Apr 2020, 18:59 PM
Developer Relic Badge

I'd personally would like the Panther more geared to killing premium medium tanks, heavies and non-640 medium tanks. Axis already have a lot of units geared to killing mediums and since Axis don't have anti-heavy TDs, that should be the Panthers role.

It would need adjustment and testing, but it'd focus on having a 200 damage gun vs those types of units along with possible penetration adjustments.

Even if it was accurate, most mediums can be defeated by a variety of other units. You can already dives lightly supported TDs with blitzing PIVs that are around earlier, can mop up infantry and put pressure throughout the map for less cost, pop, and in the case of Ostheer, tech.

"But mirage, it would club the Comet and T34/85!"

That's kind of its point of deploying the Panther. If the enemy is bringing the higher end tanks to the field, this is what is going to be fielded. And it's AI isn't super crazy so there is still ATG support, TDs, snares, etc.
13 Apr 2020, 19:45 PM

I'd personally would like the Panther more geared to killing premium medium tanks, heavies and non-640 medium tanks. Axis already have a lot of units geared to killing mediums and since Axis don't have anti-heavy TDs, that should be the Panthers role.

It would need adjustment and testing, but it'd focus on having a 200 damage gun vs those types of units along with possible penetration adjustments.

Even if it was accurate, most mediums can be defeated by a variety of other units. You can already dives lightly supported TDs with blitzing PIVs that are around earlier, can mop up infantry and put pressure throughout the map for less cost, pop, and in the case of Ostheer, tech.

That's kind of its point of deploying the Panther. If the enemy is bringing the higher end tanks to the field, this is what is going to be fielded. And it's AI isn't super crazy so there is still ATG support, TDs, snares, etc.

+1
13 Apr 2020, 19:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I posted this when we had issues with Su76 spam.

If we have heavier tanks (Panther) dealing 200dmg with a slower RoF it would give it a place against both this low HP pool vehicles and premium mediums.

29 Jan 2018
:hyper:
14 Apr 2020, 00:59 AM

I'd take the opposite view of the matter. It's not weak panther that's unable to its job, it's the Allied TD vs Axis Super Heavy Tank that dragging other matters into a swirl that never ends.

Why not go to the head of all trouble that is called super heavy tank with unfair heavy armor and health, reduce that to leaner number?
And then go for TD, reduce their penetration and range?
(The range of TD and heavy TD can also reduce to 55 and 60 respectively.)

The panther didn't have trouble vs medium tank, why buff a stat that stir the powercreep to deeper stage?

The next topic I expect after this change would be "Why trouble with Comet and T34/85 again when you can only choose TD or lose?"
14 Apr 2020, 01:01 AM

This makes too much sense, so I doubt it will happen.
14 Apr 2020, 01:28 AM

I like the idea of 200 damage but I don't like the idea of a highly durable, manuvable tank.

Especially taking in blitz, it would be too much (command panther with Mark vehical and panther using heat round).
14 Apr 2020, 06:22 AM

TS, why you not play allies for a try. And feels how frustrating it is to kill a panther?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★