Login

russian armor

IR 251 Half-track 2014-2020 RIP!

10 Apr 2020, 14:00 PM

RIP

This unit has no purpose anymore, as a Kübel or Sturmpio or whatever infantry does its job as well
10 Apr 2020, 14:06 PM

RIP
10 Apr 2020, 14:08 PM

I'd use it as a spotter for Jagdtiger and have used it as a pseudo-flare (With heavy risk).
10 Apr 2020, 14:11 PM

Imo the version from Sneakeye MOD looks promising and inline with doctrinal 251 with flares.
10 Apr 2020, 14:37 PM

I don't think the unit was very good for balance.

It was a no risk unit.
10 Apr 2020, 14:41 PM

No one will miss this broken OP "legal" maphack tool.
Unit is now in line with other scouting units.
10 Apr 2020, 15:11 PM

Actually the unit is inferior to many scouting units.
10 Apr 2020, 15:18 PM

It also costs a tiny fraction of their cost, especially in fuel, so not a problem.
10 Apr 2020, 15:20 PM

F.

Was fun to watch Brits pour salty tears with that thing + x2 support guns.
10 Apr 2020, 15:20 PM

Again not really there scouting vehicle with little or no fuel cost and with 50 Sight radius that can also do other things.
10 Apr 2020, 15:31 PM

I love how the people that were abusing a gamebreaking bug are just outting themselves in this thread. Usual suspects I see.
10 Apr 2020, 15:32 PM

Oh no my free maphack isn't wildly overpowered anymore. cri
10 Apr 2020, 15:43 PM

The 'maphack capability' of this unit's historical performance has been greatly exaggerated and I don't mean the minimap icon exploit. It gave a blatantly obvious tell that you've been detected and the spotlight has bright ray paths to indicate its presence. If you sit around in that range knowing all that, you deserved to be bombed by Axis arty. It's on par to leaving scout planes still up for their full duration and then wondering why you got shelled.
10 Apr 2020, 15:44 PM

The 'maphack capability' of this unit's historical performance has been greatly exaggerated and I don't mean the minimap icon exploit. It gave a blatantly obvious tell that you've been detected and the spotlight has bright ray paths to indicate its presence. If you sit around in that range knowing all that, you deserved to be bombed by Axis arty.

Oh look, someone else that doesn't know how the bug worked.
10 Apr 2020, 16:07 PM

The 'maphack capability' of this unit's historical performance has been greatly exaggerated and I don't mean the minimap icon exploit. It gave a blatantly obvious tell that you've been detected and the spotlight has bright ray paths to indicate its presence. If you sit around in that range knowing all that, you deserved to be bombed by Axis arty. It's on par to leaving scout planes still up for their full duration and then wondering why you got shelled.

The bug caused it to permanently reveal units on the minimap. As in youd be able to see units in your map long after they had left the "bright ray paths". It was completely broken
10 Apr 2020, 16:12 PM

Maphacks are usefull for way more than just bombing. It allows you to easily spot and prepare for flanks, shows you if the enemy is placing mines, see which way his AT guns are turned etc.
10 Apr 2020, 16:24 PM

Double it's sight range and it's back in town
10 Apr 2020, 16:44 PM

The bug caused it to permanently reveal units on the minimap. As in youd be able to see units in your map long after they had left the "bright ray paths". It was completely broken

Yes, that's what I meant by 'minimap icon exploit'. I have seen it in action and stopped building the thing after becoming aware this was a problem.

But I speak for its intended purpose and how it was used in the past, not ruined by a bug they could never fix. Or at least I wasn't aware of the bug being around in 2015 anyway *Shrugs*
10 Apr 2020, 18:36 PM

Oh my goodness why didn't I think of that? Just don't be on the frontline and I won't get attacked by shit? Good thing it had like 100 range so that would be the equivalent of literally just giving them the entire map. Good one.
10 Apr 2020, 18:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes, that's what I meant by 'minimap icon exploit'. I have seen it in action and stopped building the thing after becoming aware this was a problem.

But I speak for its intended purpose and how it was used in the past, not ruined by a bug they could never fix. Or at least I wasn't aware of the bug being around in 2015 anyway *Shrugs*

The bug has been there since OKW was released. It required mostly an OH partner or a specific DLC commander in order to reliable proc it so it was mostly under radar till the OKW rework.

Relic released a UKF commander with the same mechanic (Valentine), which is surprising cause they already knew it was bugged. This got removed once the unit was reworked and then the 251 followed.

If the unit sees 0 use on 4v4 it will probably see something added to it in the next year, if it's simple enough to implement.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
Korea, Republic Of 20

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment