Login

russian armor

Pack Howie

PAGES (9)down
13 Apr 2020, 15:38 PM

I swear to god, if balance team nerfs Pak Howie because axis players are too stupid to counter it, I'm gonna go super saiyan.
13 Apr 2020, 15:40 PM

the autofire is not really any good anymore so I don't understand the rage.

Yes it can decrew your pakwall from 80 range, but if you ask me all support weapons should be able to clear an ATG or MG crew in one manual barrage. The most frustrating thing in the game is using a mortar or 120mm and an MG surviving an entire barrage with one or two model losses.

If someone is dumb enough to leave a support weapon under barrage it should die nine times out of ten, prefferably around the third shell. Right now mortars are pretty useless vs anything but buildings after the great indirect nerf.

Yes I'm going to say it the mortar and ISG nerfs were a mistake. Buff the AOE of all indirect barrages and make the vet increase RoF.
13 Apr 2020, 18:41 PM

Yes I'm going to say it the mortar and ISG nerfs were a mistake. Buff the AOE of all indirect barrages and make the vet increase RoF.

ISG nerfs were not a mistake, it requires 0 input to always pinpoint squad with autofire while sitting in safety of converted trucks. It shits on soviet or any other mortar while hardly any more expensive. More indirect fire weapons should be like current pak howie that is shit with autofire but actually rly good with manual barrage, this way the weapon scales with player micro.
13 Apr 2020, 19:07 PM

ISG nerfs were not a mistake, it requires 0 input to always pinpoint squad with autofire while sitting in safety of converted trucks. It shits on soviet or any other mortar while hardly any more expensive. More indirect fire weapons should be like current pak howie that is shit with autofire but actually rly good with manual barrage, this way the weapon scales with player micro.

Pak Howies weakness isn't that its weak with autofire, it's that it isn't very mobile and dies extremely quick to literally anything. decrews with 2 men and starts with 5. One well placed shell after some small arms fire wipes it.
13 Apr 2020, 19:46 PM

I would advise anyone voting no to play Axis a few games and then think about it again, because I did, but then I decided to see what the fuss was about and play some Axis and I really understand why it's problematic right now. Wipe potential is far too high. I just don't know what you would do to nerf it exactly, maybe more spread or something.
14 Apr 2020, 06:40 AM

wipe potential is only high if you play gardening and stay still with your weapon teams.

try move around, reposition immediately when spotted, play more mobile. dont be another lazy axis player stalling for OP heavies while bunker spamming.
14 Apr 2020, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 06:40 AMmrgame2
wipe potential is only high if you play gardening and stay still with your weapon teams.

try move around, reposition immediately when spotted, play more mobile. dont be another lazy axis player stalling for OP heavies while bunker spamming.

*cries as a pack howie shell scatters and hits your moving squad dead center*
14 Apr 2020, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 06:40 AMmrgame2

sees rilfes walk to u.... reposition MG cause of pack howie(and tactic experts in the forum say so) rifle wipes MG... aaaand steal it.:foreveralone:

M34/42 is not a Maxim.
14 Apr 2020, 08:38 AM

sees rilfes walk to u.... reposition MG cause of pack howie(and tactic experts in the forum say so) rifle wipes MG... aaaand steal it.:foreveralone:

M34/42 is not a Maxim.

use you pioneer to spot. anticipate which sides the rifles usually approach. cover openings with grens or pgren.

pack howie is an expensive mid term unit. usf making it will leave more holes in their infantry numbers.

shrug. its a l2p thing. l2p meaning spend more time to familiarise your maps.
14 Apr 2020, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 08:38 AMmrgame2

use you pioneer to spot. anticipate which sides the rifles usually approach. cover openings with grens or pgren.

pack howie is an expensive mid term unit. usf making it will leave more holes in their infantry numbers.

shrug. its a l2p thing. l2p meaning spend more time to familiarise your maps.

or just nrev that beast and bring it in line with over indy fire otpions
14 Apr 2020, 11:30 AM

or just nrev that beast and bring it in line with over indy fire otpions

The only other non early game artillery units are stuka, katy and pwerfer.
Pack howi doesn't exactly cost 240mp either.
Biggest "problem" and rather unpopular opinion is - it is in line with other indirect fire options for its cost and timing.
14 Apr 2020, 11:37 AM

Pack howizter is an early option and superior to both 120mm mortar and the leig that are units closer to it.
14 Apr 2020, 12:26 PM

Yes - the damage is too great. Not necessairly the AoE. Reducing the damage wouldn't be too much of a nerf and since the only big emplacement problems for USF is the OKW Flaktruck and Pak 43s behind buildings, which are extremely situational, but it wouldnt be such canc
14 Apr 2020, 12:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Apr 2020, 23:59 PMLeo251
Pak Howi is a completely broken unit. Who at Lelic designed this unit to fight OST 4men squads? send him to the gulag.

I often use it to kill stukas.
14 Apr 2020, 12:31 PM

Yes - the damage is too great. Not necessairly the AoE. Reducing the damage wouldn't be too much of a nerf

It actually would, because it does the exact same 80 damage any other small indirect unit does.
14 Apr 2020, 12:43 PM

AT vet 2 Pak howitzer does 160 damage with the barrage while having 300 penetration.
14 Apr 2020, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 12:43 PMVipper
AT vet 2 Pak howitzer does 160 damage with the barrage while having 300 penetration.

And yet, not a single complaint ever mentioned barrage, every single one is about auto attack.
14 Apr 2020, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 12:48 PMKatitof

And yet, not a single complaint ever mentioned barrage, every single one is about auto attack.

How many other small indirect unit can do the exact same 160 damage/300 penetration the Pack's howitzers "heat barrage" does?
14 Apr 2020, 12:56 PM

countering the pak howie as ostheer is where the problems comes.
its easy and okw to just get a stuka but as ost what do you do?
you cant stall till t4 for a shitty werfer.
try counter it with two Granatwerfers. once the pak howie is vetted just spam white phosphorus and park your ambulance there EZ.
14 Apr 2020, 12:56 PM

I use it often from a doctine when you get it with a squad of paras. Maybe that is the problem because I don't have to tech for it. I just get a great weapon together with paras. I almost feel how axis suffer then and it won me a few games by finishing off units that were about to retreat. I would advise to make its shells maybe work a bit like phosporous. To basically drain hp but it should be mainline ground units that should finish off the models. The player should be forced to retreat or reposition rather than die from those 2 shots.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS