Login

russian armor

Pack Howie

PAGES (9)down
14 Apr 2020, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 12:55 PMVipper

How many other small indirect unit can do the exact same 160 damage/300 penetration the Pack's howitzers "heat barrage" does?

And still not a single post complaining about barrage in months.
14 Apr 2020, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 13:11 PMKatitof

And still not a single post complaining about barrage in months.

Pack howitzer barrage is OP for the timing and units.

Now there is post in the last month about the barrage problem solve lets move on.
14 Apr 2020, 17:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Apr 2020, 12:56 PMDAZ187
countering the pak howie as ostheer is where the problems comes.
its easy and okw to just get a stuka but as ost what do you do?
you cant stall till t4 for a shitty werfer.

He bleeds you with pak howie, you bleed him with sniper. Unless you fuck up vs USF they can't kill ost sniper. Some people call it "asymmetrical balance".
14 Apr 2020, 17:26 PM

He bleeds you with pak howie, you bleed him with sniper. Unless you fuck up vs USF they can't kill ost sniper. Some people call it "asymmetrical balance".

Except sniper doesn't regularly blow up entire squads in one shot lul.
14 Apr 2020, 17:36 PM

Except sniper doesn't regularly blow up entire squads in one shot lul.

That's in the early and mid game, for the lategame you can blow up squads in 1 salvo with stock panzerwerfer.
14 Apr 2020, 19:07 PM

That's in the early and mid game, for the lategame you can blow up squads in 1 salvo with stock panzerwerfer.

Panzerwerfer autofire where?
14 Apr 2020, 19:09 PM

Yeah in your dreams

Unless you get really close to support weapons, which can be dangerous due to 60range AT guns or 65range usf M1s.
14 Apr 2020, 19:10 PM

Yeah in your dreams

Unless you get really close to support weapons, which can be dangerous due to 60range AT guns or 65range usf M1s.

Isn't it 70? lol
14 Apr 2020, 19:11 PM

Isn't it 70? lol

THAT EXPLAINS IT

Had a game vs USF and those M1 ranges were absurd.
14 Apr 2020, 19:20 PM

Panzerwerfer autofire where?

Oh so you mean that Pak howie 1-taps squads with autofire with it's horrible scatter and 10s between autofire shots? I bet 95% of actually good shots by pak howie are manual barrages.

Yeah in your dreams

Pwerfer is RNG but so is katyusha and both can do wonders vs infantry and teamweapons. With Pwerfer it's also not the best idea to fire from close range because the rockets still fly for a considerable time and the blast zone becomes so small it's easy to dodge. Mid range werfer works best imho as the air-time for rockets is similar, aoe larger but spread is controlled.
14 Apr 2020, 19:21 PM

Oh so you mean that Pak howie 1-taps squads with autofire with it's horrible scatter and 10s between autofire shots? I bet 95% of actually good shots by pak howie are manual barrages.

Yeah. That's exactly what I'm saying. USF main btw. L2P.
14 Apr 2020, 19:21 PM

Pwerfer is RNG but so is katyusha and both can do wonders vs infantry and teamweapons. With Pwerfer it's also not the best idea to fire from close range because the rockets still fly for a considerable time and the blast zone becomes so small it's easy to dodge. Mid range werfer works best imho as the air-time for rockets is similar, aoe larger but spread is controlled.

I'm with you on close range being too dangerous.

I think it's best to aim in the base, at support weapons or on retreat paths. Infantry blobs seem tasty but you're never gonna get a good hit in vs a careful player.
14 Apr 2020, 19:30 PM

I'm with you on close range being too dangerous.

I think it's best to aim in the base, at support weapons or on retreat paths. Infantry blobs seem tasty but you're never gonna get a good hit in vs a careful player.

Imho everyone sometimes drops his/her guard and that is the moment vetted squads are lost. It is so much more difficult to wipe a squad with small arms as there is no big alpha strike, meanwhile indirect fire offers large explosion with plenty of dmg every once in a while, so that is fairly low micro for potential high reward. I am usually speaking from 2v2+ perspective and I am aware that in 1v1 rocket arty may not be that invaluable. It is always a good idea to throw in some planes and tank action before you fire your rocket arty so that there is more noise and distraction, you may not hear the rockets coming, at least I don't :p
14 Apr 2020, 19:32 PM

Imho everyone sometimes drops his/her guard and that is the moment vetted squads are lost. It is so much more difficult to wipe a squad with small arms as there is no big alpha strike, meanwhile indirect fire offers large explosion with plenty of dmg every once in a while, so that is fairly low micro for potential high reward. I am usually speaking from 2v2+ perspective and I am aware that in 1v1 rocket arty may not be that invaluable. It is always a good idea to throw in some planes and tank action before you fire your rocket arty so that there is more noise and distraction, you may not hear the rockets coming, at least I don't :p

It can vary. I think with the werfer in 1v1 you usually get 1 wipe per like 4-5 volleys. It's not that bad, for instance last game I stole a .50cal with a barrage and turned the game around. If you've filled up your army with frontline units (ex a Brummbar, a P4, a couple StuGGs) it's a good investment. Not something I'd rush though.
14 Apr 2020, 19:38 PM

Permanently Banned
the autofire is not really any good anymore so I don't understand the rage.

Yes it can decrew your pakwall from 80 range, but if you ask me all support weapons should be able to clear an ATG or MG crew in one manual barrage.

So how would u like it if an Ost mortar decrews a fully healthy 6man maxim or zis crew in just ONE manual barrage?
14 Apr 2020, 19:42 PM

Permanently Banned

THAT EXPLAINS IT

Had a game vs USF and those M1 ranges were absurd.

You have to activate the take aim ability for the extra vision and range on the M1. That being said, I don't think the M1 deserves that ability. On the same note, rapid maneuvers shouldn't be free on the 6pdr.
14 Apr 2020, 19:48 PM

If the pakhowie gets nerfed, then stuka should get nerfed also.
Atm the broken power level of stuka against team weapons is a necessity versus double pakhowie rush
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS