Login

russian armor

Winter patch Buglist

• This thread is locked
PAGES (10)down
17 Feb 2021, 19:35 PM

Connection Issue:

Losing connection now and then during a game or before a game starts. and receive a defeat!
18 Feb 2021, 23:53 PM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2400369127
As shown in link above Airborne sometimes when reinforced off beacon have their actions menu taken away. Only thing I could do was move them around, hotkeys don't work either.
19 Feb 2021, 03:26 AM

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2400369127
As shown in link above Airborne sometimes when reinforced off beacon have their actions menu taken away. Only thing I could do was move them around, hotkeys don't work either.

This is a common bug not related to the patch. It is map related. It happens on several maps Vilshanka, Einhoven, Lienne Forest, etc.

You can usually get their menu back if you select another unit then come back to them. I use the upper right screen unit icons. Click left of the unit then back. If no menu click right of the unit then back. Usually fixes it.
19 Feb 2021, 06:51 AM
Modmaker Badge

This is not the case, since a majority of lmgs have 3 versions, not just 2. Obersoldaten are the only squad that uses the 3rd profile, which allows for moving fire, and the user will not go prone when stationary.

There are enough consistency issues that the intended design is not entirely clear, but the Ober versions of LMGs are usually more effective than the stationary-only versions, instead of less effective, as in this case.

There are way more inconsistencies between the LMGs. I noticed them when I found a bug with Bren last winter patch:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/104520/bren-and-vickers-k-not-firing-on-the-move-for-elite-infantry/page/2#post_id811050

It wasn't changed back then (especially the Vickers K) so I doubt it will be changed now.
19 Feb 2021, 08:52 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Feb 2021, 19:35 PMLeodot
Connection Issue:

Losing connection now and then during a game or before a game starts. and receive a defeat!

Pretty much the same, I usually have it with my first game. The game loads and then I receive defeat. Very annoying if you're trying to get good streaks.
19 Feb 2021, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 06:51 AMOlekman

There are way more inconsistencies between the LMGs. I noticed them when I found a bug with Bren last winter patch:
https://www.coh2.org/topic/104520/bren-and-vickers-k-not-firing-on-the-move-for-elite-infantry/page/2#post_id811050

It wasn't changed back then (especially the Vickers K) so I doubt it will be changed now.

I think in the Vickers K's case it is directly related to the Special Weapons Supply Truck which can drop them for anyone. Now I'm certain no one wants to see (at least from axis side) a US ranger squad roaming around with 3x walking vickers (yes, rangers are actually an elite squad too).
As for the bren, nothing drops them directly on the ground, but they are still quite common, perhaps the most common lmg among allied factions, so it's likely that 1-2 drops each game.
19 Feb 2021, 11:51 AM
Modmaker Badge

I think in the Vickers K's case it is directly related to the Special Weapons Supply Truck which can drop them for anyone. Now I'm certain no one wants to see (at least from axis side) a US ranger squad roaming around with 3x walking vickers (yes, rangers are actually an elite squad too).
As for the bren, nothing drops them directly on the ground, but they are still quite common, perhaps the most common lmg among allied factions, so it's likely that 1-2 drops each game.

I'm still certain it's just an oversight from developers and not some "grand balance foresight" of how overpowered it would be for Vickers K to be fired on the move by Allied elite infantry. Doubly so with Bren. Then again, the only Axis infantry that can fire LMGs on the move are Obersoldaten, so it's not a huge impact if OKW manages to steal one of the British weapons.

All in all, avoid picking Brens with Obers, Paras, Rangers and Airborne Guards. Same with Vickers K, except you also add Commandos to that list.
19 Feb 2021, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 11:51 AMOlekman

I'm still certain it's just an oversight from developers and not some "grand balance foresight" of how overpowered it would be for Vickers K to be fired on the move by Allied elite infantry. Doubly so with Bren. Then again, the only Axis infantry that can fire LMGs on the move are Obersoldaten, so it's not a huge impact if OKW manages to steal one of the British weapons.

All in all, avoid picking Brens with Obers, Paras, Rangers and Airborne Guards. Same with Vickers K, except you also add Commandos to that list.

Imo the drop able weapon system is a bit of mess.

The solution would be to divide infatry in categories (elite, mainline, support) and have weapon perform differently according to category.
19 Feb 2021, 14:08 PM
Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 12:50 PMVipper

Imo the drop able weapon system is a bit of mess.

The solution would be to divide infatry in categories (elite, mainline, support) and have weapon perform differently according to category.

It's not really that messy, there are just some weird exceptions.
For LMGs:
  • everyone bar exceptions below gets regular variant;
  • infantry that can fire on the move get variant that can (surprise) fire on the move;
  • Obers get their own special variation that can fire on the move.

Vickers K and Bren are the only LMGs that are exception to this rule. The fact that there's no clear hierarchy between the variations is a different can of worms - you'd think it would go something like "Ober variation > fire-on-the-move > regular", but that's often not the case as I explained in that post from almost a year ago. However, trying to standardize it now could potentially mess with current infantry balance.

BARs have their own little category, but there are no problems here, everyone gets the same stuff. Same with all flamethrowers - everyone gets the same thing.

For handheld AT:
  • Panzerschrecks and PIATs are same for everyone;
  • Bazookas are same for everyone, except Paratroopers and Rangers get super-bazookas
  • everyone gets Penal PTRS, except Guards, Shocks, Airborne Guards, Obers, Fallschrimjager, Sturmpios, Panzergrens, Stormtroopers, Paratroopers, Rangers, Commandos (basically infantry with type infantry_elite) - they get Guards' variant.

While PTRS might seem messy, it's clearly an intentional exception that makes sense.

Standardizing things so accuracy of the weapon depends on quality of the troops wielding them sounds good and I would like to see something like that implemented, but while from technical side it wouldn't be a big changes, it would have a widespread impact. I assume that changes like that rarely are in scope for Balance Team.
19 Feb 2021, 14:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 14:08 PMOlekman

It's not really that messy, there are just some weird exceptions.

That imo is messy...

BAR is not LMG, it has normal DPS curve (not inverted as most LMG) and can fire on the move for all infatry.

You also have to keep in mind:
Osttruppen have penalties when using the LMG42
(Ro.E used to get a different version of the bren)

An addition issue with the current system is that some weapon that are picked up are an actual downgrade to DPS since the default weapons of the squad are superior to weapon that is picked up.
jump backJump back to quoted post19 Feb 2021, 14:08 PMOlekman

I assume that changes like that rarely are in scope for Balance Team.

P aches have focused on sifting meta for too long. They should also focus on fixing things that are long overdue.
19 Feb 2021, 16:24 PM

Valentine gets stuck in place and becomes unresponsive to commands when smoke barrage is used.
20 Feb 2021, 19:38 PM

In leaderboard country names like #aef# #british# #wgerman# bugged is it posible to remove
these "#" symbols

And string fix for some map names add 2p to name
21 Feb 2021, 03:41 AM

Valentine is able to call arty into enemy base....
MMX
21 Feb 2021, 06:08 AM

isn't that working as intended though? afaik all victor target abilities (like that of the german artillery officer) can be called into the base sector.
21 Feb 2021, 09:00 AM

Its a unit, not an offmap.

Nothing prevents any unit using any ability on enemy base....
21 Feb 2021, 16:04 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2021, 09:00 AMKatitof

Its a unit, not an offmap.

Nothing prevents any unit using any ability on enemy base....

Yeah I believe a major can also call arty in enemy base
21 Feb 2021, 21:00 PM

Yeah I believe a major can also call arty in enemy base

Last time I tried, he couldn't. That was 3-4 months ago. Not sure about valentine, been even more since I have played it. I think only abilities that do not cost munitions and are from the map can go into enemy base (eg mortar barrage, static arty barrage, stuka, werfer, calliope...). Anything that is offmap is I believe forbidden in base.

Not even brit base arty flares work in base... I think.
23 Feb 2021, 02:43 AM

Panzer commander can't either
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment