Login

russian armor

(H)MG34

8 Apr 2020, 09:48 AM

The whole point of my bringing this thread is that the MG34 barely does its job even on a good day.

Which is not supported by stats and its actual performance, that is only slightly worse then HMG42 and biggest difference is damage.
Both of them suppress in 1-2 bursts, while others need much more.
If it doesn't for you, post a replay and we will help you.
8 Apr 2020, 09:51 AM

MG34 is good with vet. If it needs a buff, just let it vet up faster.
8 Apr 2020, 10:07 AM

The whole point of my bringing this thread is that the MG34 barely does its job even on a good day.

That job is to suppress, which it does.

Not trying to steal someone else's MG here. Maxim I'll leave to someone else to deal with. Would like the 50 cal to be looked at over its rather blantant overperformance that allows it to just A-move and insta suppress. But that's not why I brought this topic up.

A point I think has slipped people's minds and my own yesterday - the MG34 comes later than the 42, Vickers and Maxim yet is worse than all of them. Doesn't seem right for a tech structure at all. It's actually penalising combined arms play. I could it understand it being on par, due to the strength of OKW infantry overall then (StG44) but it doesn't even reach that. Don't even try MG-MG building shootouts with it.

The mg34 comes later because it wasn't supposed to be a core unit. It used to be a 1cp doctrinal unit. Having access to it promotes combined arms. Because the faction was designed around not having access to it. Kindly tell me how mg34s and sturms would not be absolutely cancer to play against from the word go.
Think.
8 Apr 2020, 10:21 AM

The Vickers in this scenario is both self-spotting and has good suppression/damage. A IAP MG34 still cannot self-spot any further than normal (not counting the vet V here, that's unrealistic to get it) AND you must also pre-load the gun to be effective. Which means you need a spotter between the MG and the squads coming somehow. Pressing IAP while they're in range is a frequent death sentence for the crew.

Let's not forget that the Vickers only gets the bonus in buildings (meaning either predictable positioning or MP investment in trenches by Tommies, more damage from indirect, and high vulnerability to getting 1-shot via building collapse), and the MG34 gets the ability everywhere.
8 Apr 2020, 11:08 AM

That job is to suppress, which it does.

The mg34 comes later because it wasn't supposed to be a core unit. It used to be a 1cp doctrinal unit. Having access to it promotes combined arms. Because the faction was designed around not having access to it. Kindly tell me how mg34s and sturms would not be absolutely cancer to play against from the word go.
Think.Kindly tell me how mg34s and sturms would not be absolutely cancer to play against from the word go.
Think.

It barely does that job, at all. Going from it to the other MGs and it becomes extremely clear the difference in suppression and lethality.

Don't lecture me. I was there when the Suppresskubel still existed, MG34 was Fort/Luft only as CP 1, am fully aware of the potential problems. The MG34 was laughable in that era mind you. I have not asked for it to be moved to T0. Its current position in the tech tree should actually make it better than the MG42 but I think that's unreasonable and ask for it to be brought to the same baseline. People saying that they're comparable really need to use both of them more often.

Let's not forget that the Vickers only gets the bonus in buildings (meaning either predictable positioning or MP investment in trenches by Tommies, more damage from indirect, and high vulnerability to getting 1-shot via building collapse), and the MG34 gets the ability everywhere.

And the MG34 would not also be put into buildings and vulnerable to the same things? Even if they weren't, Garrison damage is 50% of damage received. More often than not, a MG crew will be in yellow not green cover esp if someone's destroyed the green. That's 100% of indirect fire damage received.

I've already addressed the pre-load problems of the IAPs in an earlier post.

Vet 0 Vickers is still > Vet 0 MG34 for 1 mg vs 1 squad engagements.
8 Apr 2020, 11:23 AM

It barely does that job, at all.

You'll gonna have to provide better evidence then "trust me bro" on this one, because, again, stats do not support your claim in the slightest and repeating "its bad" over and over again won't suddenly change that.

Going from it to the other MGs and it becomes extremely clear the difference in suppression and lethality.

Comparing it to other HMGs you have:
-2nd best suppression in game
-worst DPS unless you use an ability
-BY FAR lowest cost

It performs extremely well for its cost, compared to Maxim which can't even pin forward charging squad before it nukes it with nade.
8 Apr 2020, 11:28 AM

You'll gonna have to provide better evidence then "trust me bro" on this one, because, again, stats do not support your claim in the slightest and repeating "its bad" over and over again won't suddenly change that.

Comparing it to other HMGs you have:
-2nd best suppression in game
-worst DPS unless you use an ability
-BY FAR lowest cost

It performs extremely well for its cost, compared to Maxim which can't even pin forward charging squad before it nukes it with nade.

Oh no, I'm not engaging your posts Katitof. Not after the last time that had me questioning my sanity.
8 Apr 2020, 12:12 PM

No need change
8 Apr 2020, 15:19 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 08:58 AMEsxile

If you want to make a squad move out of cover, use the ISG. You're trying to peel potatoes with a fork here.

That's potentially locked behind a 40F tech wall. Soviet players complain about backteching T2 for 20F. This faction design is fantastic :clap:
8 Apr 2020, 15:59 PM

Yeah that's not true. The mg34 is plenty good at suppressing. It's certainly much better than the Maxim

It's damage is bad but thats not important for an MG... It's only job is to suppress, 34 does that completely fine

8 Apr 2020, 16:17 PM

the MG34 comes later than the 42, Vickers and Maxim yet is worse than all of them. Doesn't seem right for a tech structure at all.

Wait…what? Since when Maxim has become better then HMG34?
8 Apr 2020, 16:27 PM

That's potentially locked behind a 40F tech wall. Soviet players complain about backteching T2 for 20F. This faction design is fantastic :clap:

Then use your Luch / Puma to wreck the cover?
8 Apr 2020, 16:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 16:27 PMEsxile

Then use your Luch / Puma to wreck the cover?

I mean we can go back and fourth all day with counters etc but ingame is never vaccum scenario.
8 Apr 2020, 17:01 PM

I mean we can go back and fourth all day with counters etc but ingame is never vaccum scenario.

Agreed but you can't just ask for a HMG to be effective vs what supposed to counter their effectiveness. Now yeah some other HMGs are more effective that others in that matter, they also are worst in others areas, or more expensive...
8 Apr 2020, 17:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Don't lecture me. I was there when the Suppresskubel still existed, MG34 was Fort/Luft only as CP 1, am fully aware of the potential problems. The MG34 was laughable in that era mind you.

As someone who spammed Fortifications to rank 3 on 2v2, that's completely bullshit. MG34 had better stats than MG42 while been cheaper.

The only change the unit might require is veterancy requirements (which i don't have them atm for comparison).
Vet levels should be according to the damage potential a unit has.
8 Apr 2020, 17:27 PM

As someone who spammed Fortifications to rank 3 on 2v2, that's completely bullshit. MG34 had better stats than MG42 while been cheaper.

The only change the unit might require is veterancy requirements (which i don't have them atm for comparison).
Vet levels should be according to the damage potential a unit has.

Perhaps you're referring to the game before -this- change on Sept 9th 2014? I joined a while after (sometime in 2015) and found the new version a POS.

8 Apr 2020, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Apr 2020, 17:01 PMEsxile

Agreed but you can't just ask for a HMG to be effective vs what supposed to counter their effectiveness. Now yeah some other HMGs are more effective that others in that matter, they also are worst in others areas, or more expensive...

I do agree, which is why it would be my hope that other HMGs would also receive things, specifically the vickers and maybe the maxim if possible to not break the meta.
8 Apr 2020, 18:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Perhaps you're referring to the game before -this- change on Sept 9th 2014? I joined a while after (sometime in 2015) and found the new version a POS.

MG34
Currently does the least amount of suppression and is not an effective crowd control unit. We’ve decided to increase the suppression so it can fulfill its role as a crowd control unit.
Damage reduced from 4 to 2
Suppression increase by 15%

This change was applied barely before Brits got released and that is the moment when it went into avg territory. Good suppression wise, too much to be desired dmg wise.

Anything before that it was REALLY good.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★