Login

russian armor

60 range TD

PAGES (8)down
5 Apr 2020, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Apr 2020, 19:30 PMGGnore

C'mon man you know team weapons are pretty much redundant in anything larger than a 2v2 past the 20 min mark once indirect fire spam starts, even then using a 60 range crew weapon that can be de-manned and turned against you to deal with 60 range tds that can fire on the move is not going to work unless there's a significant skill gap between you and your opponent.

You're free to believe that team weapons are redundant, but you're wrong. Combined arms (especially as ost) is really really important. Sorry you can't just build only infantry and tanks and win the game easily without ever being countered.

I think the best nerf for TDs would be a firerate nerf. That would make them inherently worse against a giant spam of mediums while also making them still remain consistent against heavies.
5 Apr 2020, 19:20 PM

You're free to believe that team weapons are redundant, but you're wrong. Combined arms (especially as ost) is really really important. Sorry you can't just build only infantry and tanks and win the game easily without ever being countered.

I think the best nerf for TDs would be a firerate nerf. That would make them inherently worse against a giant spam of mediums while also making them still remain consistent against heavies.

How is that wrong ? the allied rocket arty has the fastest firing to impact time and just plain better indirect fire(pak howie 120mm mortar and scott) and the mg42 is the slowest mg to pack up, after the 20 min mark its a liability and your better off using a ostwind.

The fire rate nerf sounds good, another option would be to stop TD's from firing on the move, which would force players to support them and end the roaming jackson prides in teamgames.
5 Apr 2020, 19:31 PM

The issue is that when they were 480hp they were given many tools to survive like that, then they cranked up the health, increased the price and called it a day leaving a unit with average durability but vastly above average mobility making it extremely durable. It would be like taking grens, slapping 2 extra models on them, adding 20mp and calling it a day while leaving their lmg, med kits, damage reduction ect. Except they also have an ability that gives them bonus DPS and for some reason the lmg can fire on the move.

Underrated post, they removed the risk from the risk/reward dynamic from a extremely mobile but fragile glass cannon unit but left the reward so its just a extremely mobile cannon.
5 Apr 2020, 19:44 PM

Got a TD problem? Use infantry. The TDs sight is not the same as it's range, so they can't sniper you if they don't have vision. TDs are completely useless vs infantry and one squad with dual equipped anti tank weapons usually do the trick. Besides, Axis have 50 range Panther with a ton of armour and HP, speed and penetration and damage. You can also use it to hunt down any and all tank destroyers. There is not a single unit that is OP in this game, it's a well balanced game.
5 Apr 2020, 23:54 PM

The issue is that when they were 480hp they were given many tools to survive like that, then they cranked up the health, increased the price and called it a day leaving a unit with average durability but vastly above average mobility making it extremely durable. It would be like taking grens, slapping 2 extra models on them, adding 20mp and calling it a day while leaving their lmg, med kits, damage reduction ect. Except they also have an ability that gives them bonus DPS and for some reason the lmg can fire on the move.

Many tools? like combat blitz? smoke screen? jacksons sucked back then they couldnt survive anything
6 Apr 2020, 01:10 AM

Many tools? like combat blitz? smoke screen? jacksons sucked back then they couldnt survive anything

Like good vision, high speed, great accuracy, great acceleration, fantastic accuracy on the move... I'm not saying the Jackson was perfect back then, I'm saying adding half again more health and not changing anything else is a shit way to balance a unit who's trademark was being a glass cannon. You can't just take away all of the risk and none of the perks that come with that risk
6 Apr 2020, 01:19 AM

I agree let's nerf Jagdpanzer and bring its popcap into line with firefly

It's criminally low despite proving better DPS
it's a more expensive su-85 with lower pen better armor and no self spotting pop are the same right ? oR 1 less ?
6 Apr 2020, 02:24 AM

Stop using tanks against tank destroyers.
Will help instantly.

A very simple concept the Axis mains cannot comprehend.
6 Apr 2020, 06:43 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

Not sure how we got on team games vs 1v1 but back to 60 range TDs! :)
6 Apr 2020, 06:44 AM

Without TD, How can deal with axis Heavy armor?

Flanking is suicide and most attempts fail

AT gun have no mobility and easily neutralized

Bazooka? haha

Can someone give the Allies some captured Panzershrek?

6 Apr 2020, 07:12 AM

Can someone give the Allies some captured Panzershrek?

Do AT partisans count? :snfPeter:
6 Apr 2020, 08:10 AM

Like good vision, high speed, great accuracy, great acceleration, fantastic accuracy on the move... I'm not saying the Jackson was perfect back then, I'm saying adding half again more health and not changing anything else is a shit way to balance a unit who's trademark was being a glass cannon. You can't just take away all of the risk and none of the perks that come with that risk

You should stop to lie. I mean, seriously.
6 Apr 2020, 08:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2020, 08:10 AMEsxile

You should stop to lie. I mean, seriously.

Great post. Fantastic discussion. Can you please follow up with a "no u"
6 Apr 2020, 08:51 AM

Great post. Fantastic discussion. Can you please follow up with a "no u"

What discussion? You're ranting about the M36 and base your rant on false information. You've been here enough time to know what were the M36 values before its revamp and now so I can't imagine anything else than obvious lies to enforce your argumentation.

6 Apr 2020, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Apr 2020, 08:51 AMEsxile

What discussion? You're ranting about the M36 and base your rant on false information. You've been here enough time to know what were the M36 values before its revamp and now so I can't imagine anything else than obvious lies to enforce your argumentation.

The only things that were adjusted were its price and its health, then later its vision because it had more vision than other tanks had firing range. It retains its high mobility, accuracy, HVAP and self heal crew. All relics of it being a glass cannon. Which it is no longer. It needs redesigned and it, aside from the high pen of the su85 and the crazy high vet bonus it has are the only issues with allied TDs. The Jackson entire, and the high pen of the su85 being too high.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment