Login

russian armor

Winter balance mod 2020 V1.3

PAGES (22)down
21 Mar 2020, 19:10 PM

Well, it doesn't help that OKW got an accessible PV as well, which means that both should had similar general base stats.

OKW have also a PzIV, as for the units across factions they can be balanced according to faction first and then check across factions.
21 Mar 2020, 19:21 PM

Imo i think counterbarrage should be removed and have something more interesting and interactive added, maybe something like heavy mortar round barrage for ostheer mortar (giving it the 120 rounds or something for a single barrage) or creeping smoke.

+1
21 Mar 2020, 22:31 PM

What do you think of making USF pay minuitions for overdrive ability on their half-track?

The M3 Halftrack (and WC-51 Truck) do not have the Overdrive ability; they have "Step On It!" which is a completely different ability with different stats.

Step On It!
Disables weapons
Speed * 1.75
Acceleration * 1.5

Overdrive
Acceleration * 1.6
Received Accuracy *0.75 (while moving)
Occupant Received Accuracy *0.5 (while moving)
22 Mar 2020, 00:01 AM
22 Mar 2020, 07:04 AM

The M3 Halftrack (and WC-51 Truck) do not have the Overdrive ability; they have "Step On It!" which is a completely different ability with different stats.

Step On It!
Disables weapons
Speed * 1.75
Acceleration * 1.5

Overdrive
Acceleration * 1.6
Received Accuracy *0.75 (while moving)
Occupant Received Accuracy *0.5 (while moving)

This is an example of sth that makes the game very arcade and puts off new players (unless they are 10 years old I guess). Do they cost munitions? I rarely use half-tracks but saw a replay when TittedTootsie? Spammed one of those abilities and killed pretty much everything (including a tiger) without even paying munitions for it (Dane's propaganda). Fun game to watch but some munitions for lightning speed on a half-track would make more sense.
22 Mar 2020, 07:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2020, 00:01 AMLewka
Is patch coming soon?

İ hope not.İts is pure oshteer danedream by relic. Thats buffs for ost is very very big and game killing. İ hope they will reserve changes.
22 Mar 2020, 08:20 AM

İ hope not.İts is pure oshteer danedream by relic. Thats buffs for ost is very very big and game killing. İ hope they will reserve changes.

Yep. Reduce proposed ost buff by 50%, and we are good
22 Mar 2020, 09:22 AM

IMO they are really far from game changing. Slight reinforcement cost plus speedier capping won't change gameplay much especially because cons are now 7 men and get a reinforcement cost reduction (last patch) together with the package. USF inf has always been capping faster if I'm correct. Don't be scared. They are still 4 men squads :) and ostheer was really bad last tournament.

Tigers that were their only saving grace got nerfed.

Looking at the fact that there are only 2 axis armies, sth needs to be done to make ostheer better to make people choose them over OKW, especially in 1v1.
22 Mar 2020, 09:33 AM

IMO they are really far from game changing. Slight reinforcement cost plus speedier capping won't change gameplay much especially because cons are now 7 men and get a reinforcement cost reduction (last patch) together with the package. USF inf has always been capping faster if I'm correct. Don't be scared. They are still 4 men squads :) and ostheer was really bad last tournament.

Let me remind you that conscript package you're talking about already got 3 nerfs.
USF inf caps at normal rate.
Only UKF is faster, because its impossible to field equal infantry force with them as with other factions, while grens are quite spammable.

Good grief, time to start considering other units once again.

Looking at the fact that there are only 2 axis armies, sth needs to be done to make ostheer better to make people choose them over OKW, especially in 1v1.

Kind of agree, but as with con 7th man, care needs to be taken, because its very easy to make something op by just adding stuff.
22 Mar 2020, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2020, 09:33 AMKatitof

Capping buff down to 10-15% and the T4 buffs are ok. Overall the changes arn't that dramatic.

Or I am got something wrong something?
22 Mar 2020, 09:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Mar 2020, 09:33 AMKatitof

Kind of agree, but as with con 7th man, care needs to be taken, because its very easy to make something op by just adding stuff.

Agreed completely here. I'd test it first, rather than complain how game changing it is.
IMO it could be really a nice way of retaining those 4 men squads and the faction's uniqueness. Faster capping will make them indirectly less voulnerable to pakhowies, Scotts, etc. Thise 4 men squads will cap faster and retreat earlier, which in many situations may save squads. It will also allow them to reposition after capping more quickly to engage at their preferred distance. I'd definitely give it a shot.
22 Mar 2020, 10:27 AM

Cheaper everything and 25 percent capping for every squad will change a lot. Realistically the only squads that should need a buff is ostruppen and grens so their utility role is expended in the late game and they still have a place capping in support.

Four men squads mean very little when G43 already eat 7man cons for breakfast. If all squads get the same buff it makes grens/ostruppen pointless, all you'll need late game is elite post infantry with a couple pios.
22 Mar 2020, 10:55 AM

Four men squads mean very little when G43 already eat 7man cons for breakfast.

22 Mar 2020, 12:06 PM

Cheaper everything and 25 percent capping for every squad will change a lot. Realistically the only squads that should need a buff is ostruppen and grens so their utility role is expended in the late game and they still have a place capping in support.

To be more precise. It won't be as overwhelming as many people who are afraid fear. It, hopefully, will make tier4 more attractive for ost and make it simply better lategame. I understand that people didn't want ost 5 men squads, didn't want grens to build sandbags, etc. The modes decided on the capping power increase. To me it makes sense from many points of view. Just remember it will be only after tier 4, which means that probably too late for ost to be competitive early game. By that time USF officers start running because of their vet and vehicles start repairing and capping at the same time. Ost will still be inferior :( in many ways to USF or Sov.

Four men squads mean very little when G43 already eat 7man cons for breakfast. If all squads get the same buff it makes grens/ostruppen pointless, all you'll need late game is elite post infantry with a couple pios.

I can't agree here. They can reman weapons much better than ost (capping speed buff will indirectly help here too as ost needs to come back to reinforce more often after recrewing weapons). When they are seven they can reman two weapons with one squad and still retreat not losing the squad! They have at and anty inf grenades, they build sandbags, can merge, lay one model killed mines, and have oorah - all stock. G43s are doctrine tied. Cons can get pssh, ambush at grenades and many more doctrine related abilities including repair etc. You are simply wrong saying that cons are worse. Position them well and youse those extra abilities and you will see how powerful they are.
22 Mar 2020, 12:20 PM

I meant G43 pgrens

But the obsession with four men = bad has to end. The only major issue was old gren indirect wipes and mines. Both fixed years ago
22 Mar 2020, 13:05 PM

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>G43 already eat 7man cons for breakfast

Excuse me what the fuck am i reading?
22 Mar 2020, 13:51 PM

I meant G43 pgrens

...but that is even worse comparison! - you can't compare elite/much more expensive inf squad to a basic squad. And even in this case the comparison shows that conscripts are good. Once they build their sandbags they will survive more often then not the attack from pgren when pgrens have to close in. G43s wont help here. You should compare pzgrens to elite squads such as guards, shocktroops, rangers, paras or maybe penals because their cost is more similar. And here you will see that 4men pzgrens are generally worse than their allied counterparts. Once again I really thionk that adding capping speed to ost might be a move in a good direction and create interesting dynamics lategame - faster capping units with overall inferior durability vs slower capping and more durable units. IMO - quite interesting and retains faction's uniqueness.

But the obsession with four men = bad has to end. The only major issue was old gren indirect wipes and mines. Both fixed years ago

I feel that it is the other way around. It is the obsession of allied players who are ok with 7 men cons and 6 men units but not ok with 5 men ostheer squads. And I support it - let factions be unique. However, you must realise how difficult it is to balance it. One thing that You (and many other players) don't seem to notice is how much of a snowballing effect it has on the faction from, for example, recrewing weapons to how much they are affected by mines, snipers and other random model losses (including cheap conscript one model killing mines). A random model drop and suddenly you can't recrew a weapon, and lose 25% of you dps. It is true that the problem has been adressed many times but the results, especilly, of 1v1 copetitions clearly show that ost needs buffs to make it more competitive to play with.

22 Mar 2020, 16:41 PM

Passing through to say I don't like the nerf to the Fussilier vet 2 AT nade range boost by simply removing it. I like that they're a unit focused more on panzer busting. This just makes them less unique, considering when you go shrecks you lose access to the snare in first place.
22 Mar 2020, 18:20 PM

I don't see how it's game killing. Ostheer has the lowest win ratio right now besides British
22 Mar 2020, 18:47 PM

When danedream helps to get a better game...

maybe we will see some Tournament play that is not only OKW against all.
PAGES (22)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
Germany 744
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W