Login

russian armor

Is the T70 OP?

PAGES (8)down
4 Mar 2020, 06:24 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I don't see a single comment defending the T-70 in its current state and yet somehow there is more votes for no.

I abstained but I think the T-70 is more or less fine. Feels like it’s in between a no brainer and a crutch but also not balanced if that makes sense. Like it shouldn’t propel soviets so hard but they also shouldn’t really get dumped on without it I guess. I think it more has to do with the maxim being mediocre and 7 man coming post t4
4 Mar 2020, 06:41 AM

I believe T-70 is the strongest factor which makes Soviets a strong force, as we all know that the Soviets have the slowest and weakest start in the game. When you are fielding your first Penal or Mg squad the opposition already has an Mg,Grens,Pios(OST) and Sturms, Volks 2x(OKW).

You can get your first AT within the first 5 mins in both of the axis faction whereas T-70 hits late around 9 min mark. If you compared Pz 2, 222 arrive much early in the game so they have a good period of dominance followed by all the tech neccesities like AT, MG, Good inf, etc. this is where the t-70 comes in to balance it out. In soviet rarely anyone back techs this early unless urgently required, hence T-70 acts as a mediator untill the 13th min where a pz4 should hit the field and its dominance ceases.

As an avid Soviet player I literally love to use the T-70 and believe it is the only unit that is keeping the game intact and helps soviet mid game. So nerfing it would lead to imbalance and would heavily cripple the Soviet mid game which would lead to total Axis dominance.
4 Mar 2020, 08:32 AM

T-70 power level could simply go down. Less shock value and at a lower price.
4 Mar 2020, 08:57 AM

T-70 is frustrating cause of it's high mobility, a pak/raketen miss is enough to punish you , and you will have to deal with t70 for the entire game cause of that. Increase something like target size to get an extremely high chance to hit it could be a good way to reward a good at guns positioning.
4 Mar 2020, 09:54 AM

The t70 arrives just a a few minutes before meds do. Meds kill its momentum greatly. Often destroying it when the med tank is revealed or relegating it to a support role. That at can miss it is no problem imo. A teller will one shot it when it connects. Raketten is t0 at and can retreat and cloak.

4 Mar 2020, 10:03 AM

You picked a single line of my post, deleted the rest and said it was offtopic. Just wow

You do realize you're trying to argue with a troll right?

On the topic of T70, it is by far the best light tank in the game, but it doesn't have that much time to cause too much damage due to how late it comes out. I'd say a tweak at best is in order
4 Mar 2020, 10:10 AM

So you don't actually play the game.

Play allies. Play sov. Play usf. Then come and talk.
Unless you got match up with luvnest, complains of t70 is whiney at best, probably from ost players
4 Mar 2020, 10:23 AM

I specifically said if the t70 is getting nerfed they should change the 1 hit KO of the teller.

And I said if the Teller doesn’t 1 HKO the T70 then Ostheer should have a stock Puma at T2.
4 Mar 2020, 10:25 AM

The puma on okw already hardcounters the t70. So leaving a t70 with slither of health and having a stock puma at t2 is balanced how excactly?
4 Mar 2020, 10:37 AM

Play allies. Play sov. Play usf.

Learn manners.
Be polite.
Be constructive.

You're making a list of things you don't do, but ought to do right?
4 Mar 2020, 10:44 AM

Learn manners.
Be polite.
Be constructive.

He is trolling since version 1.2 of the winter preview got released. Just ignore him.
4 Mar 2020, 10:51 AM

Learn manners.
Be polite.
Be constructive.

You started first boohoo.
If you played the game, ost can get t3 out to counter t70 in a short time. Unless you plan to stall for tiger.

The t70 whiners go off the 2019 wc, and you know what? Even top ost players stall for tiger and let t70 have an open hole.

Before that, no one had complained about t70 after it got sight nerf. T70 is in perfect spot, except ost stallers crying foul

Problem lies in tiger stallers, not t70. Constructive enough for you TS(tiger staller lol)?
4 Mar 2020, 11:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2020, 08:32 AMVipper
T-70 power level could simply go down. Less shock value and at a lower price.

I thought "yeessss" but then thought "wait..wouldn't that make them more spammable?" I know nothing of in-game stats and whatnot but; How about a 5% reduction in price for a 5% reduction in overall performance?
4 Mar 2020, 11:13 AM

I thought "yeessss" but then thought "wait..wouldn't that make them more spammable?" I know nothing of in-game stats and whatnot but; How about a 5% reduction in price for a 5% reduction in overall performance?

I am not sure the light tank being spammed would be an effective strategy since they would probably be counter by enemy medium tank.
(it was a viable strategy with Soviet industry once, but not any more).

Imo it is worth testing.
4 Mar 2020, 11:24 AM

He is trolling since version 1.2 of the winter preview got released. Just ignore him.

I know. It's a pity thing. It's one thing to talk about pretend online army mans, there's probably better things I could be doing with my time, but trolling pretend online army mans is a whole new level of sad.
4 Mar 2020, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Mar 2020, 11:13 AMVipper

I am not sure the light tank being spammed would be an effective strategy since they would probably be counter by enemy medium tank.
(it was a viable strategy with Soviet industry once, but not any more).

Imo it is worth testing.

Didn't you know? Buying more than one unit is 'spamming' :p. If you know you're playing well against your opponnent going double T70 isn't unheard of and currently can seal the deal imo. Same for OKW, though luchs isn't as outright strong.

And if you're behind the enemy going hardcore T3 as SOV is a worthwhile strat to invest in anyway, to keep playing for enemy mistakes then into heavy (double T70 for ai and SU76+PTRS's (the supposed/forgotten counter to a medium no xD).
4 Mar 2020, 11:32 AM

Didn't you know? Buying more than one unit is 'spamming' :p. If you know you're playing well against your opponnent going double T70 isn't unheard of and currently can seal the deal imo. Same for OKW, though luchs isn't as outright strong.

And if you're behind the enemy going hardcore T3 as SOV is a worthwhile strat to invest in anyway, to keep playing for enemy mistakes then into heavy (double T70 for ai and SU76+PTRS's (the supposed/forgotten counter to a medium no xD).

Well on the bright Su-76 might see some action so that people stop asking for buffs for it....and anything moving the meta from super heavy tank would help.

As I said worth testing
4 Mar 2020, 14:17 PM

And I said if the Teller doesn’t 1 HKO the T70 then Ostheer should have a stock Puma at T2.

I know, I asked you to explain why? Why did you respond to my post quoting someone else?

You wanted to nerf t70s mobility, if you do that t70 is easier to counter. Why do you need 1 hit kill tellers or Puma in that situation?

You do realize you're trying to argue with a troll right?

He subscribes to my posts. Trust me, I'm aware
4 Mar 2020, 14:19 PM

Play allies. Play sov. Play usf. Then come and talk.
Unless you got match up with luvnest, complains of t70 is whiney at best, probably from ost players

I have actually played vs his Soviets several times.

Unlike you, his elo is actually reasonable enough for me to have encountered him.

T70 is so insanely powerful that even rank 200 players can dominate a game with it. You don't need to be Luvnest to wipe multiple squads with a T70. Just don't be GenMe, who builds it at 14 minutes and doesn't chase low health squads with it. N

The nonsensical speed and acceleration means that even if you get the faust off the T70 is already one screen away before it suffers engine damage. RoF and scatter are also too good. But at the same time, it feels like Soviets literally can't live without the T70.

When I play Soviets, survive early game followed by T70 into IS2 is literally my win condition. If T70 got nerfed then Soviets definitely need to see improvements in other areas.
4 Mar 2020, 14:27 PM

You wanted to nerf t70s mobility, if you do that t70 is easier to counter. Why do you need 1 hit kill tellers or Puma in that situation?

I said its acceleration should go down a little bit so its user should be more precise with his movements.

This does not mean the Pak40 has that much of an easier time countering it.

Plus having tellers not one shot the t70 is a colossal Ostheer nerf which is extremely unfair as a trade off for a bit of acceleration reduction on the T70.

Hence why I said this would have to result in a stock Puma since Ostheer would have no means of countering the T70 efficiently if it’s used properly. Notice the word efficiently. Making 3 Pgrens with shreks and camouflaging them in ambush is not efficient.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 43
Germany 777
unknown 19
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W