Login

russian armor

OKW Salvage

PAGES (7)down
15 Feb 2020, 22:30 PM

What about restricting salvage of team weapons specifically to scavenge doctrine? And keep everything else the same
15 Feb 2020, 22:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

What about restricting salvage of team weapons specifically to scavenge doctrine? And keep everything else the same

Thought about this too but it could cause a ton of issues to implement and later bug out with the ability.

But then again I just learned that the Brit ability basically works this way...
15 Feb 2020, 22:32 PM

But then again I just learned that the Brit ability basically works this way...

My thoughts exactly
15 Feb 2020, 23:13 PM

I think the probably biggest issue is that every OKW unit can salvage team weapons, which means that any team weapon lost for more than 10 seconds without support vs OKW is gone by either stealing or salvage. This is a very harsh punishment that basically no other faction do. This would suggest to limit the ability to Sturmpios only, but this would basically delete it from the game.

But all in all I don't think the problem is worth the effort of major rebalances. If necessary maybe add a few seconds or make the casting time depending on the model count as I suggested. The ability is far from making OKW very strong, which probably also lies in the Allied design that does not rely on static defense so much.

I agree and add that only Spios should salvage. They are expensive enough to seriously think if you want to risk them or not and not as common to simply spam TW deletion.

But this change should mean at least other OKW buffs...
15 Feb 2020, 23:59 PM

I agree and add that only Spios should salvage. They are expensive enough to seriously think if you want to risk them or not and not as common to simply spam TW deletion.

But this change should mean at least other OKW buffs...

Make BGHQ come with free medics and retreat point and Mech HQ come with free repair pioneers.

Then you can make only Spios salvage.
16 Feb 2020, 00:10 AM

Make BGHQ come with free medics and retreat point and Mech HQ come with free repair pioneers.

Deal.
16 Feb 2020, 00:20 AM

Deal.

I’d be more than happy for it. Slightly higher workload for Spios but 30 fuel saved and like 500mp approx from 3 upgrades.

Probably too OP though.
16 Feb 2020, 00:27 AM

But yet I am the one that is deluded and a "fan boy"? Salvage doesnt give enough resources nor is it used that often to warrent a whole side tech unlock being free. The problem is that when the salvage IS used it is incredibly punishing, removing team weapons from the game especialy in early game is just far too strong.

The compensation is extra resources from salvage in general. What you are asking for is like saying since command vehicle recon has a muni cost now, give 5 man upgrades for free, completely irrelevent.

UKF have the excact ability via doctrine yet it doesnt allow for team waepon salvaging, only wrecks which is exatly how it should be.
16 Feb 2020, 00:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 00:27 AMLatch
UKF have the excact ability via doctrine yet it doesnt allow for team waepon salvaging, only wrecks which is exatly how it should be.

That is simply incorrect. UKF do not get the "exact ability" they get a special squad that has a similar ability that returns resources according to the wreck class.
16 Feb 2020, 00:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 00:33 AMVipper

That is simply incorrect. UKF do not get the "exact ability" they get a special squad that has a similar ability that returns resources according to the wreck class.

They have the salvage ability, never said it was the same.
16 Feb 2020, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 00:27 AMLatch

But yet I am the one that is deluded and a "fan boy"?

Bingo

Time to take a long hard look at yourself and realize you have no clue how okw plays since you don’t play it at all, ever.
16 Feb 2020, 11:26 AM

Bingo

Time to take a long hard look at yourself and realize you have no clue how okw plays since you don’t play it at all, ever.

Sure about that? Ask Kpen about the time I beat him as OKW. But make sure to say the same to Creative name who plays all the factions, highly and agrees with my point.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 09:17 AMVipper

seriously?

Read again what you wrote and the definition

"adjective: exact
not approximated in any way; precise."
because you wrote that the two abilities are identical

They do, they have the exact ability to salvage, I never said they had exactly the same salvage ability

Can we stay on topic now, make a unique thread if you want to continue to make this thread about me and not about the OP I brought up...
16 Feb 2020, 11:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:26 AMLatch

Sure about that? Ask Kpen about the time I beat him as OKW. But make sure to say the same to Creative name who plays all the factions, highly and agrees with my point.

Active rank? No? Yeah exactly.

Also “that pro player agrees” isn’t an argument.
16 Feb 2020, 11:34 AM

It's a strong ability, it can be very cheesy in certain situations, but in most cases it's a balanced risk for the salvaging player, and it adds some nice flavour to the game.

Asymmetric balance is hard but it's a lot more fun than having every faction play the same, no?
16 Feb 2020, 11:38 AM

Active rank? No? Yeah exactly.

Also “that pro player agrees” isn’t an argument.

You went from "you have no clue how okw plays since you don’t play it at all, ever." to "Active rank? No? Yeah exactly." ok mate, nice! Nope, I dont have an active rank, that wasnt your initial statement to try and prove that I don't know anyhting about OKW, and no, you are right that "pro player agrees" isnt a valid argument, just like "You dont play them so you dont know" isn't. I might not play them but I watch many many games from axis perspective along with casts and playing against them, so I know a thing or 2 despite my lack of games as them.

Like I know how removing a team weapon that is still functional in broken, would you allow UKF to have it on all units non doctrinally if they also got rid of the (cost associated and never used in 1v1) caches?
16 Feb 2020, 11:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:34 AMEuan
It's a strong ability, it can be very cheesy in certain situations, but in most cases it's a balanced risk for the salvaging player, and it adds some nice flavour to the game.

Asymmetric balance is hard but it's a lot more fun than having every faction play the same, no?

Agreed but if it was to stay, as people have mentioned already then it should be restricted to say sturmpios.
16 Feb 2020, 11:48 AM

They do, they have the exact ability to salvage, I never said they had exactly the same salvage ability

Can we stay on topic now, make a unique thread if you want to continue to make this thread about me and not about the OP I brought up...

They DO NOT, the two abilities are different even when salvaging wreck since they return different amount of resources.

Can you just accept that what you wrote is simply false and move on? If you want you can start a thread about how the ability are "exactly" the same.
16 Feb 2020, 15:47 PM

Sure about that? ... But make sure to say the same to Creative name who plays all the factions, highly and agrees with my point.

Well i will higly disagree that because a single person agrees with you the point you bring is valid. Even if he plays all the factions, there are plenty of people who do aswell and disagrees with you right now. And this isnt politics, is not about being the majority, its about raising fair concerns and suggestions.

A mob isnt always right, they just have a stronger voice to shout out their argument.

Start reading more than wrinting and you will see it.

And stop using words withouth knowing their meaning, vipper already told you, they are not the EXACT same ability. Dont go semantics war because its a worthless battle for everyone involved.

The OP has been debunked IMHO.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight