Login

russian armor

OKW Salvage

PAGES (7)down
15 Feb 2020, 15:26 PM

I can't believe it takes you eleven seconds to blink. Maybe you should blink less and you'll lose your support weapons less often.
15 Feb 2020, 16:03 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Ability duration is always 11s regardless of how many models. For Sturmpioneers too.

Man it must be time for me to retire. I’m getting rusty
15 Feb 2020, 16:21 PM

It's interesting how to the countdown starts before models have started blowing their blowtorches.
15 Feb 2020, 17:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it were more balanced if the ability was bound to the model number. That way shooting at the squad would really solve the issue. At the moment it might be too efficient to keep casting under fire because it does not prolong the casting duration. You might lose some MP, sure, but it's almost always worth it considering the damage you do. Also it is an easy ability that a one man squad can cast if you don't want the weapon but also don't want to trade your infantry squad.

At the moment a well microing OKW player can basically always salvage decrewed weapons unless you can keep constant pressure. A short window of a couple seconds are enough to salvage it.

However I'd like to point out that the issue is relatively niche. In the early to mid game it's almost always more efficient to steal the weapon if possible. Relatively few players use this ability on decrewed weapons compared to how often they could use it, probably because they often forget.

Just tie cast time to the model number. Like laying mines for example.
15 Feb 2020, 17:57 PM
Benefactor 392

It's interesting how to the countdown starts before models have started blowing their blowtorches.

if that's the case then it should take much longer for shit to get repaired as well
15 Feb 2020, 18:01 PM

Because progress starts at the start of the action, not mid animation?
You know, just like when you press S for a tank, it gets no moving penalties from that very moment despite still moving?
15 Feb 2020, 18:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2020, 18:01 PMKatitof

Because progress starts at the start of the action, not mid animation?
You know, just like when you press S for a tank, it gets no moving penalties from that very moment despite still moving?

Yeah, but it could also mean the ability range is too long if they're already 1/4 done before the first model is standing still and using his torch.
15 Feb 2020, 18:06 PM

That really isn't an issue at all.
15 Feb 2020, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2020, 18:06 PMKatitof
That really isn't an issue at all.

Ye, it was just an observation. You could just increase the time it takes if it's an issue how quickly scavenging finishes.

Or halt the progress while the unit is under fire, but keep the extra received accuracy, forcing the OKW player to stop scavenging.
15 Feb 2020, 18:18 PM

The animation is simply part of the ability. They already take the extra RA/damage during the animation so it doesn't matter.
15 Feb 2020, 19:35 PM

As always the nerf OKW mob is in full swing.

When OKW were first intorduced, they gimped certain things, over time they became more and more "equal" this is a mechanic that needs to change. I've already said that I am perfectly OK with giving them more resources for actual wrecks but simply remove the ability to freely deny a fully functioning team weapon for no penalty, I don't understand how you cant see this mechanic as being a bit much, if any faction had it, I would say the same thing, this isnt just an OKW hate train.

Even the UKF sappers with salvage, cant salvage team weapons that are not destroyed and they are doctrinal.

15 Feb 2020, 19:56 PM

Seriously latch, your drastically over exaggerating plus, its more dangerous for the enemy to capture ur support weps then to lose it to salvage. Your only mad because its something OKW has. If your issue it support weps being deleted then u'd be calling for nerfs for tanks too for shooting and destroying support weps.
15 Feb 2020, 21:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2020, 19:56 PMAlphrum
Seriously latch, your drastically over exaggerating plus, its more dangerous for the enemy to capture ur support weps then to lose it to salvage. Your only mad because its something OKW has. If your issue it support weps being deleted then u'd be calling for nerfs for tanks too for shooting and destroying support weps.

How am I over exaggerating? It removes a 320MP unit from the game for free and its guaranteed, like I have shown with the AT gun video for any other faction to do such a thing, it takes a lot of RNG and even more risk.

When someone that is very high rank with all factions agrees with me they both use it and have it used against them, so how can my opinion be based on "Because OKW have it"?
15 Feb 2020, 22:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Feb 2020, 21:58 PMLatch

How am I over exaggerating? It removes a 320MP unit from the game for free and its guaranteed, like I have shown with the AT gun video for any other faction to do such a thing, it takes a lot of RNG and even more risk.

When someone that is very high rank with all factions agrees with me they both use it and have it used against them, so how can my opinion be based on "Because OKW have it"?

Slight correction:
It removes about 200 MP, the other MP have been lost before.

I think the probably biggest issue is that every OKW unit can salvage team weapons, which means that any team weapon lost for more than 10 seconds without support vs OKW is gone by either stealing or salvage. This is a very harsh punishment that basically no other faction do. This would suggest to limit the ability to Sturmpios only, but this would basically delete it from the game.

But all in all I don't think the problem is worth the effort of major rebalances. If necessary maybe add a few seconds or make the casting time depending on the model count as I suggested. The ability is far from making OKW very strong, which probably also lies in the Allied design that does not rely on static defense so much.
15 Feb 2020, 22:28 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It takes 11s from the moment the unit get's in the range.
From the victim PoV, it takes shorter cause the animation starts a few seconds later which is why it looks "fast".

Outside of considering whether 11s it's fast or not i would make it based on number of models equals to 4 been the maximum number.

For comparison sake, the Salvage from UKF takes around 13s to salvage a 50% wreck (all vehicles start at this value) and it depends on number of models.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS