Login

russian armor

OKW Salvage

PAGES (7)down
13 Feb 2020, 21:51 PM

As it stands this ability is completely insane. It allows the removal of team weapons within seconds and at a cost of... FA.

The RA that the unit gains whilst the ability is active is a nice counter, but when they remove a weapon within such a short time, you can't really take advantage of this.

Either increase the time it takes to remove a full HP weapon or remove the ability to do that and give more for destroyed weapons or just give them caches ffs.

Thoughts?
13 Feb 2020, 22:00 PM

Sure let's remove OKW's salvage and give them caches instead.

Problem solved.
13 Feb 2020, 22:07 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Caches into giga lategame units and more stukas? No thanks
13 Feb 2020, 22:12 PM

Dude stop.
13 Feb 2020, 22:16 PM

That's why I build 5 kubelwagons as OKW and throw them to their deaths at the start of the game. Free MP into FU.

OPAF
13 Feb 2020, 22:17 PM

So you are all OK with a unit being able to remove a team weapon from the game faster than a tank shooting at it could and for the cost of, absolutley nothing?
13 Feb 2020, 22:59 PM
Benefactor 392

wut... i mean... yeah okw can salvage, but that's time being wasted, and honestly i'd rather take a team weapon. If i can't ignore it for the favour of map control, and destroy it with other means.

Either okw is far ahead to be able to stop and salvage, or he;s not a good player.

Also the resource you get from that is negligible. you'd get more from map control then one team weapon.

Also, stop losing your team weapons. that's how you lose
13 Feb 2020, 23:08 PM

i actually agree with Latch

It always feels kinda cheesy to blobb down a team weapon and then almost instantly deny it to your opponent without having to weaken your current blobb or your opponent to shoot/nade it down again like usual.

I mean, yes, in alot of scenarios you actually want the weapon for youself but there are alos alot of scenarion too where you just cant get it home -in case of at guns for example - dont want it etc.

Have you ever decrewed a at gun or mg infront of your opponents base? just smoke and salvage... thats just dumb

13 Feb 2020, 23:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This is my idea:

-Increase salvage time
-Give OKW an upgrade on Mechanised truck that allows it to function as a cache IF it's on a strategic point for the same cost as a cache. Reminiscence of old resource conversion.
13 Feb 2020, 23:32 PM

wut... i mean... yeah okw can salvage, but that's time being wasted, and honestly i'd rather take a team weapon. If i can't ignore it for the favour of map control, and destroy it with other means.

Either okw is far ahead to be able to stop and salvage, or he;s not a good player.

Also the resource you get from that is negligible. you'd get more from map control then one team weapon.

Also, stop losing your team weapons. that's how you lose

Ahhhhh so thats where I am going wrong, losing my team weapons. I will make sure that it doesnt happen, problem solved close thread...

Salvaging takes about 6 seconds for a full HP team weapon:

https://youtu.be/XbTkPgyd0kQ?t=605

Why are you making it sound like its a Luchs in your base level of fail?
13 Feb 2020, 23:57 PM
Benefactor 392

i knew you were a fucking troll, i tried to give you a fucking good reason. but you're just here to character assassinate those who don't agree with you.

Also tightrope is a good dude, but i'd like to point out if he attacked the sturm there with IS then he'd kill them,

It was a heat of the moment decision, and i don't think a lot of people realize of how vunerable units are when salvaging.
14 Feb 2020, 00:23 AM

Bundle with some ability
Or replace by build caches
Or give HQ a resources upgrade
Or give a cargo truck like Ost
MMX
14 Feb 2020, 00:49 AM

kind of agree that the time it takes to salvage a full health team weapon could be increased slightly. resource gain aside, which is IMHO fine, it's a pretty powerful denial tool with little downsides, especially if combined with smoke as pointed out by CreativeName. not sure if it is possible to modify the duration for TWs only and leave the time it takes to salvage wrecks untouched, but that would be my prefered solution.
14 Feb 2020, 15:50 PM

Are you guys for fucking real? Do you completely ignore the fact that okw can't build their own caches because they have salvage? It's a rather risky trade buy no one's bats an eye about it.

A single cache y safer and long term more reliable than destroying an hmg in the middle of a battleground.
14 Feb 2020, 18:41 PM

Are you guys for fucking real? Do you completely ignore the fact that okw can't build their own caches because they have salvage? It's a rather risky trade buy no one's bats an eye about it.

A single cache y safer and long term more reliable than destroying an hmg in the middle of a battleground.

How many caches do you see in 1v1? Its already been pointed out that all you have to do is smoke it and then salvage, its not as hard as everyone seems to make out. Have a big push, win, salvage team weapons with 1 squad whilst the rest move on.
14 Feb 2020, 18:45 PM

Caches into giga lategame units and more stukas? No thanks

Caches into IS2/ISU + Katjusha is any better?

My point wasnt to give OKW caches but pointing out that the salvage ability is balanced by not having caches.
14 Feb 2020, 19:24 PM

I thought this was going to be about OKW scavange doctrine ngl.

Doesn't scavange doctrine have increased times for salvages?

Could try normalizing salvage times to that.
14 Feb 2020, 19:26 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Caches into IS2/ISU + Katjusha is any better?

My point wasnt to give OKW caches but pointing out that the salvage ability is balanced by not having caches.

Eh. I think the stuka is more lethal, but the katy is good in its own right.

I thought this was going to be about OKW scavange doctrine ngl.

Doesn't scavange doctrine have increased times for salvages?

Could try normalizing salvage times to that.

It does but it also gives munitions. It's actually a downgrade because people use scavenge to deny teamweapons and certain pieces of cover, instead of actually needing the fuel.
14 Feb 2020, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 18:41 PMLatch

How many caches do you see in 1v1?.

Faction balance =/= 1v1s balance. First of all.

Now about smoke, it is as easy to land a grenade and leave Okw without time to react as salvaging. So no point at all there.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS