Login

russian armor

Winter Preview: Lend Lease Problem

12 Feb 2020, 11:42 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

- Give reworked HQ glider to Commando doctrine and remove it from Vanguard.
- Add Assault Sections to Vanguard.

+1
12 Feb 2020, 11:42 AM

Again, what do you propose then? Because all other commanders are filled with unique abilities already and I don't see any room anywhere to include Assault Sections without having to delete something.

First of all merge M5 and M10 in the Lend-Lease doctrine and call it Lend-Lease Armour as suggested before. Then put P47 loiter in the doctrine so it becomes viable in late-game.

Then add Assault Sections to the Mobile Assault Regiment and replace the flame-throwers. Fits better thematically because flamethrowers are more of an garrison clearing thing.

Now we have two doctrines that are viable throughout the game featuring Assault Sections.

Neither doctrine has a heavy tank so there would be no combination of early game power + heavy tank call-in.
12 Feb 2020, 11:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 11:34 AMKatitof

That's literally all what you present, ignoring and disregarding advantages of units just so narrative can suit your point.

It doesn't matter what the abilities cost - they are there for you to use, if you aren't using them, you're playing the unit wrong, which obviously will lead to the conclusion that its "weaker" then unit with no abilities.

All of your balance problems so far are learn to play issues.

Dude your the one who is insinuating that. I never said ass grens were weaker. Pointing out facts doesn't mean what you want it to mean.
Say that you say "the Sun is so much brighter than the Moon". Does it mean you think the Moon sucks????
12 Feb 2020, 12:08 PM

- Give reworked HQ glider to Commando doctrine and remove it from Vanguard.
- Add Assault Sections to Vanguard.

Adding Assault Sections to Vanguard would be more risky than the current repurposed glider HQ. As the popularity of Ostheer's Mechanized Assault and Strategic Reserves suggests, 0CP call-in CQC infantry pressure (into follow up light vehicles) into a heavy tank is an effective and reliable strategy. At least Commandos in Vanguard are not a primary reason to pick the doctrine for in most cases as Commandos are expensive and come at a time where you usually need to invest in AT or tech.

Adding Assault Sections to this doctrine would likely make it become the go-to pick for any map that is close to mid range orientated. It's a mid-late game doctrine and I think adding a strong early game to that would be way more dangerous than the glider.

Otherwise you could just replace flamethrowers on Mobile Assault.

I don't think that would be a net improvement for Mobile Assault. The doctrine already has a CQC squad (though ambush-themed) and RET flamers are good in their own right.

I expect flamers will become even more valuable (on all maps) now that it's going to be possible to combine them with the smoke barrage as a means to clear HMGs out of garrisons for relatively low effort.

First of all merge M5 and M10 in the Lend-Lease doctrine and call it Lend-Lease Armour as suggested before.

That's not possible. The M5 was made a call-in specifically because it couldn't be put into Brit tech anywhere comfortably. Platoon tech made it come too early and AEC/Bofors tech made it too expensive / come too late. Can't merge a call-in ability with the buildable M10 as the UI doesn't properly support that.

Then put P47 loiter in the doctrine so it becomes viable in late-game.

I was thinking of potentially swapping Crew Repairs for a Combined Arms type of assault ability that would add some late game power to the doctrine but comes with some requirements to use to its full potential, instead of adding another no-brainer click-and-forget ability (skill planes). Designate Command Vehicle ability could work too.
12 Feb 2020, 12:16 PM

That's not possible. The M5 was made a call-in specifically because it couldn't be put into Brit tech anywhere comfortably. Platoon tech made it come too early and AEC/Bofors tech made it too expensive / come too late. Can't merge a call-in ability with the buildable M10 as the UI doesn't properly support that.

I am against the idea of bundling ore stuff but there is solution make both units build able and add a separate tech for m5. It could have no cost just a time delay.
12 Feb 2020, 13:00 PM

Adding Assault Sections to Vanguard would be more risky than the current repurposed glider HQ. As the popularity of Ostheer's Mechanized Assault and Strategic Reserves suggests, 0CP call-in CQC infantry pressure (into follow up light vehicles) into a heavy tank is an effective and reliable strategy. At least Commandos in Vanguard are not a primary reason to pick the doctrine for in most cases as Commandos are expensive and come at a time where you usually need to invest in AT or tech.

Adding Assault Sections to this doctrine would likely make it become the go-to pick for any map that is close to mid range orientated. It's a mid-late game doctrine and I think adding a strong early game to that would be way more dangerous than the glider.

Glad to see that we agree to what I have been pointing out. Even provided in the commander preview as feedback.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 14:25 PMVipper
From a design point of view and in my opinion:
Other:
The commander gives access to "superior" infatry, a superior medium and superior Tiger making easier to tech to T3 only and runs the risk of overshadowing other Tiger commanders. Imo such designs should be avoided for commander that should provide either super heavies or premium mediums but not all together.

I was thinking of potentially swapping Crew Repairs for a Combined Arms type of assault ability that would add some late game power to the doctrine but comes with some requirements to use to its full potential, instead of adding another no-brainer click-and-forget ability (skill planes). Designate Command Vehicle ability could work too.

Glad to see that my original suggestion for the commander is considered.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Mar 2019, 16:21 PMVipper

Imo one could replace raid with an late game off map and M3 with a "combined arms" type ability (?)

https://www.coh2.org/topic/85215/new-commander-submission-brits
12 Feb 2020, 13:49 PM

How about this, blunder m5 and m10 into 1 slot call: "lend lease armor", and add straffing support from vanguard in the empty slot.

Can you consider?
Or priest ;)
12 Feb 2020, 14:59 PM

Not more arty please...
12 Feb 2020, 16:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Feb 2020, 23:11 PMVipper

Officer:
Should be redesign to be similar to assault section and commandos but get a no tech incendiary grenade and the "Serve to Lead" ability a ability similar to ostheer artillery officer "diversion" by providing 1.1 armor per vet level.

An "upgrade" could be available at T3 making Captain and giving him 4 Enfield and 1 Vickers K.

I like this line of thought for the Officer. Something that differentiates him from Commandos/Assault Sections would be nice. Might even be cool if he had two upgrades paths at T3 - maybe one that is more defensive/support oriented and one that's more offensive keeping in line with the Hammer/Anvil theme of faction.
12 Feb 2020, 18:20 PM

It has Crew Repairs to keep the M10s on the field as they don't have USF's self-healing.

I suppose you could add a Crew Repair ability to the M10 itself? That'd free up the slot for Designate Command Vehicle, which'd synergise nicely with the fast cheap tank.

Does LLA even need a late-game power ability though? It's got really strong early-game power with the new Assault Sections.
12 Feb 2020, 18:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 18:20 PMLago

Does LLA even need a late-game power ability though? It's got really strong early-game power with the new Assault Sections.

Maybe, maybe not, but I don't think that's a reason they shouldn't get something. Ass grens come on commanders with Tigers. Ass engies have m10, dozer, and 240mm rng nukes
12 Feb 2020, 19:29 PM

What about making AssTommies (already upgraded with tommy guns) come in the M5, just like the AssGuards come in an M5 in the soviet Lend Lease doctrine? Everybody loves paying for the extra M5. :D
/sarcasm
12 Feb 2020, 19:49 PM

Not more arty please...

yeah, because brits are full of arty... Kappa
12 Feb 2020, 20:04 PM

Sould get away from a unit based ability.

For example Lend Lease is already 4/5 units for slots and one ability to support those units. It allows the brits to play in a way simular to USF obiously with CQC, mortar, and M10

You don't have to make every doctrine viable in the late game. It's okay to let Lend Lease be a very strong early and mid game doctrine. It's plenty viable for its early game alone but Assault sections are a bit too strong making this very much a cheese doctrine. Everyone wants every doctrine to be strong in every stage of the game now a days and it is making every commander feel samey.

Command Vehicle is very underutilized due to its negative pentalties to parent vehicle. I sugges reducing some of the mobility pentalities.
12 Feb 2020, 20:32 PM

Command Vehicle is very underutilized due to its negative pentalties to parent vehicle. I sugges reducing some of the mobility pentalities.

It doesn't give any mobility penalties. Only accuracy and reload. Which is fine on an AEC because you only need it for the tread shot and to call in the recon plane while the aura boosts all your other tanks. It's a fantastic ability for teamgames.

Also, the lack of any late game abilities has meant that Lend Lease is practically never used beyond 1v1s. Adding a good but non-oppressive late game ability like Combined Arms or Command Vehicle would make it a lot more attractive in bigger modes (which is important as it's the only one featuring Assault Sections) without making it too good in 1v1s (as those abilities are usually less effective in that mode).
12 Feb 2020, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Feb 2020, 19:49 PMzerocoh

yeah, because brits are full of arty... Kappa

More access than any other faction what with stock arty and all (granted it could use some work but it's there)
But seriously... Ass sections, cheap TD and priests? Yea let's just go ahead and delete all the other commanders because this one here gives everything you could want.
12 Feb 2020, 21:34 PM

It doesn't give any mobility penalties. Only accuracy and reload. Which is fine on an AEC because you only need it for the tread shot and to call in the recon plane while the aura boosts all your other tanks. It's a fantastic ability for teamgames.

Also, the lack of any late game abilities has meant that Lend Lease is practically never used beyond 1v1s. Adding a good but non-oppressive late game ability like Combined Arms or Command Vehicle would make it a lot more attractive in bigger modes (which is important as it's the only one featuring Assault Sections) without making it too good in 1v1s (as those abilities are usually less effective in that mode).

Not sure is command vehicle M5 is a good idea...
13 Feb 2020, 04:35 AM

Whoops could have sworn it made everything slower. If you add command vehicle to Lend Lease does that mean the halftrack can be one too?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★