Login

russian armor

Why does rak need retreat?

8 Feb 2020, 03:42 AM

I see no reason for it to have it anymore. It's got almost the same range as all the other AT guns, camo at vet1, and a 5-man crew to prevent it from getting instakilled by explosives (which now makes it almost impossible to grenade to death even retreat notwithstanding). Removing retreat would make people actually use it like an AT gun instead of just blobbing them up in groups of two or using it like an infantry squad with a giant AT rocket.
8 Feb 2020, 04:05 AM

With 5 men it doesn't. Put it back to 4 men. OKW doesn't need 5 man Raketenwerfers.
8 Feb 2020, 04:35 AM

double raketen blob is one of the most obnoxious things in the game right now

the original "nerf" , then compensated with a massive buff, with the original nerf rolled back process last patch for unit was such a joke
8 Feb 2020, 05:02 AM

As boring as it is, I'd really like to see the Rak replaced by a Pak-40 clone; it would solve every problem this unit has.

8 Feb 2020, 05:07 AM

+1 to losing retreat

What irks me more than the 5 man is that it can't be suppressed. Anything that can retreat should be able to be suppressed, period
8 Feb 2020, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1 to losing retreat

What irks me more than the 5 man is that it can't be suppressed. Anything that can retreat should be able to be suppressed, period

Hmm did they fixed Propaganda forcing AT guns to retreat?
8 Feb 2020, 12:50 PM

Too keep some fucking assymetry in the game

Its not like its unfair or causes imbalance

#saynotofurthermirroring
8 Feb 2020, 12:53 PM

That was specifically (added and) removed a long time ago. Which was arguably a net nerf, because HMGs deal way more damage to targets they can't suppress.
8 Feb 2020, 13:07 PM

If it's so OP why doesn't OKW get the USF M1 AT-gun and USF gets Raketenwerfer in return?

Lets just swap them around :)

Serious answer:

Raketenwerfer has no gun shield, takes longer to shoot, has less range and has a crew that clumps up like crazy which still makes it vulnerable to being wiped. It also gets very few scatter hits because as soon as the accuracy rolls a miss the thing is likely to shoot into the ground. So yeah, the Raketenwerfer is not OP and shouldn't get nerfed like that. I would build a regular AT-gun every time instead of Raketenwerfer if OKW had one available.
8 Feb 2020, 13:14 PM

U said it right it ALMOST has the same range as other at gun , it ALMOST has the same at gun shield , it ALMOST has the same projectile

When they make it a copy paste of other at guns then yes remove retreat
8 Feb 2020, 13:36 PM

If it's so OP why doesn't OKW get the USF M1 AT-gun and USF gets Raketenwerfer in return?

Lets just swap them around :)

Serious answer:

Raketenwerfer has no gun shield, takes longer to shoot, has less range and has a crew that clumps up like crazy which still makes it vulnerable to being wiped. It also gets very few scatter hits because as soon as the accuracy rolls a miss the thing is likely to shoot into the ground. So yeah, the Raketenwerfer is not OP and shouldn't get nerfed like that. I would build a regular AT-gun every time instead of Raketenwerfer if OKW had one available.

+1 basically, every time i play okw i hate the fakt that i dont have access to a proper pak40 and such. Evry at gun has something going for it pak40 and brit gun good overall stats, usf m1 godlike rof but less pen unless muni is paid+ zis gun trades rof for barrage and 6 men

While one might be stronger then another tbis creates a nice little asymetry, rktenwerfer has no gun shield 5 less range, if you take away retreat its basically just a pretty bad choice, when you compare it to the other at guns
8 Feb 2020, 13:42 PM

It has no gun shield that provides green cover. I'd say that is a pretty significant downside.
8 Feb 2020, 13:49 PM

No gunshield and 55 range.

/thread
8 Feb 2020, 14:24 PM

lol, rak the sh*tiest AT gun in the game, yh lets nerf it. Sounds like OP never played with OKW
8 Feb 2020, 14:33 PM

lol, rak the sh*tiest AT gun in the game, yh lets nerf it. Sounds like OP never played with OKW
well yes,it's not that it sound like, he has the player card to show
8 Feb 2020, 15:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I think the main issue is for USF and brits since you cannot burst them down quick enough because of lack of rocket arty. Then you just roll 2 of them together and USF tanks are basically always on high alert to getting bursted. It's annoying, but I think the issue is more in USF and UKF than the raketen. Maybe 6 men raketen and no retreat?
8 Feb 2020, 15:32 PM

I think the way to keep retreat working is to put the 50 range back.

It's meant to be an affordable hybrid between an AT squad and an anti-tank gun. Right now it's an anti-tank gun with retreat.
8 Feb 2020, 16:04 PM

well yes,it's not that it sound like, he has the player card to show

Well at least my playercard shows I'm actually good at the game. Where's yours bud?

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2020, 15:32 PMLago
I think the way to keep retreat working is to put the 50 range back.

It's meant to be an affordable hybrid between an AT squad and an anti-tank gun. Right now it's an anti-tank gun with retreat.

IDK I thought a lot of people hated it with 50 range. I think it's fine offensively with 55 range, but it's really too tough right now.
8 Feb 2020, 16:30 PM

IDK I thought a lot of people hated it with 50 range. I think it's fine offensively with 55 range, but it's really too tough right now.

The 50 range Rak had a four man crew and a certified Cheese Cloak.

The current Rak design's only ever had 55 range.
8 Feb 2020, 16:58 PM

It has no gun shield that provides green cover. I'd say that is a pretty significant downside.

And that's why it has 5 man instead of 4 and camo.

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2020, 16:30 PMLago

The 50 range Rak had a four man crew and a certified Cheese Cloak.

The current Rak design's only ever had 55 range.

I mean people who used it, not people who played against it. Sentiment seemed to be that it had beto a bit too far up to engage tanks effectively, hence range increase. But now it doesn't need retreat because it doesn't get wiped by explosives as easily and doesn't need to be so close anymore.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 36
Germany 35

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment