Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback OKW

PAGES (8)down
3 Mar 2020, 00:07 AM

I already said any buff to the Cmd Panther is 1v1 oriented. Please read thoroughly.

I saw. And how exactly would a change only effect 1v1? If the commander is already good in team games, it doesn't take much to push it over the top

Reducing vet requirements absolutely effects team games idk how you think it wouldn't
3 Mar 2020, 00:13 AM

I saw. And how exactly would a change only effect 1v1? If the commander is already good in team games, it doesn't take much to push it over the top

You can improve xp gain from infantry damage by a bit to help vet it up, you can give it some extra utility such as a sight mode like the T70 or a plane over the tank. You can also give some kind of repair buff to other vehicles or let it have crew repairs.
3 Mar 2020, 00:21 AM

You can improve xp gain from infantry damage by a bit to help vet it up, you can give it some extra utility such as a sight mode like the T70 or a plane over the tank. You can also give some kind of repair buff to other vehicles or let it have crew repairs.

Again how does any of this not effect team games? Vetting up faster is beneficial no matter what game mode. Vision is shared. Crew repairs would be huge in team games, the maps are much larger

I think IR StGs should be exclusive to spec-ops, Grand Offensive already has enough anti-infantry

3 Mar 2020, 01:13 AM

Again how does any of this not effect team games? Vetting up faster is beneficial no matter what game mode. Vision is shared. Crew repairs would be huge in team games, the maps are much larger

I think IR StGs should be exclusive to spec-ops, Grand Offensive already has enough anti-infantry

Grand Offensive needs a tune-down in general.
3 Mar 2020, 03:07 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

If after the patch, OKW has around 5 viable commanders for 1v1, i don't think the Command PV must be forced to be viable for 1v1 (not all commander and doctrinal units should be viable on all modes).

Something small like critical repair might not be bad but nothing like adding heat shells (on a unit which already has mark vehicle).
3 Mar 2020, 18:30 PM

u all are loosing the focus...
we need to buff a little a command panther.
just a critical repair would be nice.

dude, the panther cant kill any infantry.
so or we focus in a ant tank tank wit a turret ou improve a little vs infantry, just like pz4.

today make no reason pick up this commander...

5 Mar 2020, 07:49 AM

Can we get the sturmtiger firing time the same as the avre or swap their firing times?

The avre is a squad wiping machine even at elite 2v2 level while the ST that has to directly face the unit its firing at the and the other 2 seconds it takes to fire afterwards mean it cant hit anything but afk players team weapon's..
5 Mar 2020, 12:48 PM

If after the patch, OKW has around 5 viable commanders for 1v1

That might be a bit optimistic.
5 Mar 2020, 14:01 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That might be a bit optimistic.

Grand Operations
Luftwaffe
Breakthrough/Spec Ops/Overwatch/Elite

Basically the same 2 main commanders which we saw during the tournament but with less prevalence filled by the rest?
5 Mar 2020, 14:07 PM

Grand Operations
Luftwaffe
Breakthrough/Spec Ops/Overwatch/Elite

Basically the same 2 main commanders which we saw during the tournament but with less prevalence filled by the rest?

Firestorm - Will be meta
Spec Ops - Still useless
Overwatch - Niche. Way overnerfed.
Elie Armoured - Sturmtiger still immobile and bad shell collisions. Useful doc on occasion.
Breakthrough - Forever niche due to Jagdtiger useless in 1v1. Can be useful if you abuse officier.
Luftwaffe - Useful on occasion, but less so without Fallschrimjager fausts. Kind of meta.
Grand Offensive - I think we’ll stop seeing it once people realize the new Tiger isn’t good and the KT as stock is better.
Fortifications - Niche, but might see more use with the LeFH pop cap buff.
Scavenge - Way too weak.

Basically Firestorm and Luftwaffe will be meta.
5 Mar 2020, 14:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Firestorm - Will be meta
Spec Ops - Still useless
Elie Armoured - Sturmtiger still immobile and bad shell collisions. Useful doc on occasion.
Breakthrough - Forever niche due to Jagdtiger useless in 1v1. Can be useful if you abuse officier.
Luftwaffe - Useful on occasion, but less so without Fallschrimjager fausts. Kind of meta.
Grand Offensive - I think we’ll stop seeing it once people realize the new Tiger isn’t good and the KT as stock is better.
Scavenge - Way too weak.

It all depends on how much more prevalent the top meta commanders would be than the others.

If say you have a split of 50% between the 2 most meta commanders and the rest is filled up with the rest of them, i would say that is fine and normal.

TBH USF meta was also stale on 1v1.
5 Mar 2020, 16:27 PM

Firestorm - Will be meta
Spec Ops - Still useless
Scavenge - Way too weak.

You underestimate how strong fussies are, especially with the patch nerfing cons. I imagine grand ops will remain meta just with more diverse armor play. Maybe more KTs
5 Mar 2020, 16:54 PM

You underestimate how strong fussies are, especially with the patch nerfing cons. I imagine grand ops will remain meta just with more diverse armor play. Maybe more KTs

Fusiliers will remain niche as long as they are a black hole in munis. You can’t go mechanized, drop medkits, put down mines and upgrade fusiliers and use grenades. Way too muni intensive. At most you can get 1 early fusiliers squad and more later, so it’s most likely not gonna be meta to pick Grand Offensive just for then.

Cons nerf is late game, fusiliers’ main issue is early on.
6 Mar 2020, 13:47 PM

u all are loosing the focus...
we need to buff a little a command panther.
just a critical repair would be nice.

dude, the panther cant kill any infantry.
so or we focus in a ant tank tank wit a turret ou improve a little vs infantry, just like pz4.

today make no reason pick up this commander...

Command panther is not weak

just Tiger is almighty unit and more easy to use than Command panther
The biggest reason Command Panther has been used in the past is that it could be called without building the T3 building

Currently not, but the CP was very powerful because it had the same range as sight
6 Mar 2020, 15:05 PM

Fusiliers will remain niche as long as they are a black hole in munis. You can’t go mechanized, drop medkits, put down mines and upgrade fusiliers and use grenades. Way too muni intensive.

+1

This post leads me to a unit that should get some attention: The Sturmofficer.

The unit is more or less in a good spot™ after the changes but has awful synergy with Pfussies in Breakthrough doctrine. Pfussies needs tons of munitions for their G43 upgrade and the Sturmofficer is also VERY mun intensive if you want to use his abilities. Add the mun costs for mines, sweeper and med kits... and you know why i wrote about "awful synergy".

This is why i would like to suggest a radical idea:

1. Remove the Sturmofficer from Breakthrough
2. Make the unit a stock unit in Battlegroup HQ

This changes would have the following benefits:
1. The mod team can add a unit/ ability that has better synergy with Pfussies
2. Battlegroup HQ gets finally more attractive!

I really cant see any disadvantages and the mod team already did the same with the Airlanding officer for the Brits. Hell, the Brits dont even have to make a tech choice to get the chance to build the officer.

And lets be honest:
Even after this change BG HQ will still be considerably weaker than Mech HQ.
But BG would at least offer more than in the past.
6 Mar 2020, 15:25 PM

+1

This post leads me to a unit that should get some attention: The Sturmofficer.

The unit is more or less in a good spot™ after the changes but has awful synergy with Pfussies in Breakthrough doctrine. Pfussies needs tons of munitions for their G43 upgrade and the Sturmofficer is also VERY mun intensive if you want to use his abilities. Add the mun costs for mines, sweeper and med kits... and you know why i wrote about "awful synergy".

This is why i would like to suggest a radical idea:

1. Remove the Sturmofficer from Breakthrough
2. Make the unit a stock unit in Battlegroup HQ

This changes would have the following benefits:
1. The mod team can add a unit/ ability that has better synergy with Pfussies
2. Battlegroup HQ gets finally more attractive!

I really cant see any disadvantages and the mod team already did the same with the Airlanding officer for the Brits. Hell, the Brits dont even have to make a tech choice to get the chance to build the officer.

And lets be honest:
Even after this change BG HQ will still be considerably weaker than Mech HQ.
But BG would at least offer more than in the past.

No, stock Sturm Officier would be beyond broken.

I’d rather see Fusiliers replaced and the Jagdtiger switch places with the Sturmtiger.
6 Mar 2020, 15:46 PM

I find the idea interesting, but think Battlegroup actually needs some more AT to be a viable alternative to Mechanized (in 1v1). I think a way to do this is either:

- Allow Sturms to upgrade double Schrecks if battlegroup is deployed.
OR
- Allow Sturms to upgrade a Schreck alongside the sweeper if battlegroup is deployed.

This would allow additional AT support for the AAHT.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS