Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF

PAGES (16)down
4 Feb 2020, 22:42 PM

Actually the Croc tank seem to be CP 9 and requiring hammer/anvil is that intentional or a oversight?
5 Feb 2020, 04:10 AM

I like the new HQ glider, it is more affordable now abd the medic is more convenience than old medic squad. I think this can replace the commando glider in commando regimen as well. It can still be called "commando glider insertion" but the glider now have "HQ glider upgrade" inside it. And, please Make it repairable if possible, cost to 400 mp is reasonable, i think.
5 Feb 2020, 12:48 PM

HQ Glider

The following changes have been made to balance the removal of the air landing officer.

-Medic and Air landing Officer removed from the unit
-Always spawns a squad of Commandos on deployment
-Cost from 540 to 390
-Forward HQ Retreat Point and Medics must now be researched for 150 manpower.

Comments

As mentioned by other users the overlap of the 2 glider version is simply to much.

I suggest you turn this into a production building having to land in base coming without the commandos at low price able to produce:
Air landing officer armed with different weapons from the normal officer like enflied/Piats
Commandos
Possibly a mortar
or other units
5 Feb 2020, 19:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Feb 2020, 12:48 PMVipper

I suggest you turn this into a production building having to land in base coming without the commandos at low price able to produce:
Air landing officer armed with different weapons from the normal officer like enflied/Piats
Commandos
Possibly a mortar
or other units

A production building is an interesting ideal but i dont like it to be land only in base.

I did test and think The current version of HQ glider is pretty good and convenience to use. The price sure can go up since it offer a lot with it.

Some new unit can be put in the glider like.
air landing officer/commando rework with Enfield and upgradeable bren.

Tank hunter commando sections with elite PIAT.

Weapon teams.
6 Feb 2020, 03:18 AM

There are a few who expressed sentiment that Vanguard doctrine is too strong with the glider, and as a Brit player, I disagree with the sentiment.

To put it into context, the glider comes in at 3CP, a time when arguably Brit is at it's weakest in a match. (3CP is when Axis LV vehicles as well as elite call-in are already on the field.) It is not a trivial choice to get commandos at this timing as the glider is very expensive, and such an investment would prevent you from building a second royal engineer, which severely weakens the anti-vehicle capability.

Getting rid of the glider from the doctrine would eliminate strategic variety in the perspective of both build order variety and doctrine viability.

While I believe the changes proposed in mod 1.1 are sound as they are, if further changes are needed, there are many other ways to balance it aside from removing the glider call-in.
6 Feb 2020, 05:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2020, 03:18 AMsrider
There are a few who expressed sentiment that Vanguard doctrine is too strong with the glider, and as a Brit player, I disagree with the sentiment.

To put it into context, the glider comes in at 3CP, a time when arguably Brit is at it's weakest in a match. (3CP is when Axis LV vehicles as well as elite call-in are already on the field.) It is not a trivial choice to get commandos at this timing as the glider is very expensive, and such an investment would prevent you from building a second royal engineer, which severely weakens the anti-vehicle capability.

Getting rid of the glider from the doctrine would eliminate strategic variety in the perspective of both build order variety and doctrine viability.

While I believe the changes proposed in mod 1.1 are sound as they are, if further changes are needed, there are many other ways to balance it aside from removing the glider call-in.

By 3cp, if you dont have a AEC, AT gun and or piats then you've severely messed up. LV's are not THAT much of a threat if you go vanguard
6 Feb 2020, 07:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2020, 05:07 AMLatch

By 3cp, if you dont have a AEC, AT gun and or piats then you've severely messed up. LV's are not THAT much of a threat if you go vanguard

One ATG or AEC is usually enough vs Ost. But vs OKW who can pump out a puma after the luch for AEC delete button it can be a struggle. You really have to be careful as Brits around that timing and unit placement with (your usual one building up to two sapper squads as he says).

PIATS are not easy afford that early with healing, possible WASP and pyro draining muni. Brits are not soviets that swim in munition early.

So yes imo the glider timing could be looked at, if it's going to be building units 2cp is fair game. Otherwise pop out commando squad at 3cp is ok

6 Feb 2020, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Feb 2020, 05:07 AMLatch

This is exactly my point. Commando is the last thing you are thinking about as a Brit player at 3 CP, as not only is AT gun is a big investment of manpower, and AEC + Piat severely sets you back in fuel (as you probably also got bolster by this time of the match). So not sure why people believe commando for this doctrine is any better than any other doctrine.
7 Feb 2020, 07:26 AM

Make Glider HQ can be repair plz
7 Feb 2020, 12:56 PM

The current officer design mess with 3 commanders vanguards, commando and lend lease.

Pls consider to toned down to assault IS it will create far less issues.
7 Feb 2020, 13:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 12:56 PMVipper
The current officer design mess with 3 commanders vanguards, commando and lend lease.

Pls consider to toned down to assault IS it will create far less issues.

You mean tonne officer down to ass sections LV ? Then it shouldn't be limited to 1 anymore.
7 Feb 2020, 13:28 PM

You mean tonne officer down to ass sections LV ? Then it shouldn't be limited to 1 anymore.

It should remain limited to 1.
It would be there to protect IS from QCQ instead beating AssG. and Mp40 VGs in their own game.
Stock commandos is a bad idea.
7 Feb 2020, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 13:28 PMVipper

Stock commnndos with 4models without camo and limited to one doesn't sounds op.
7 Feb 2020, 13:37 PM

Its allied unit.
Its OP by default, you peasant.
7 Feb 2020, 13:46 PM

Its allied unit.
Its OP by default, you peasant.

yeah largely because it would be tooo stronk against assgrens.
7 Feb 2020, 13:54 PM

If you are going to quote someone at least respond to what he is saying. I clearly write it is a bad idea and not that unit is OP.

Part of the reason is a bad idea is that makes 3 commanders bring less to the table.
7 Feb 2020, 16:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2020, 13:28 PMVipper

It should remain limited to 1.
It would be there to protect IS from QCQ instead beating AssG. and Mp40 VGs in their own game.

Officer's intended role is to provide UKF with a certain LV of cqc power "to handle close quarters situations without turning them into a close-ranged powerhouse". By my experience, "close quarters situations" mean if the offier encounter a stumopio or pzgren in a coner then he should have a good chance of wining that fight. If he is just there to protect IS then the unit is notthing more than 5 man sapper. Compare officer to assgren or Mp40 Vg is nonsense since he come later and being more expensive and limited to 1, in term of timing and power, officer is close to pzgren lv, and he off set the limit of 1 by utilities.

And, i dont think officer makes 3 commanders bring less to the table, in fact, Vanguard now bring event more cause you have direct access to commando instead of the old lack luster officer version. For commando and lend lease regiment, their state will not change by a lot since commando still retain a set of powerfull off map while LL offer 0cp shock power and a handfull of mobility following. All above seem doesnt get impact alot by stock officer.
7 Feb 2020, 16:45 PM

Vanguard’s glider needs to be removed entirely. It should not give access to commandos. Some mind of Observation sections call in would be a great fit for the Vanguard theme.
7 Feb 2020, 17:09 PM

Officer's intended role is to provide UKF with a certain LV of cqc power "to handle close quarters situations without turning them into a close-ranged powerhouse". By my experience, "close quarters situations" mean if the offier encounter a stumopio or pzgren in a coner then he should have a good chance of wining that fight....

Currently the Officer does not even have to ambush SP, he can simply walk up to SP and win and that is even without the vet 2 extra man or gammon light bomb.

... Vanguard now bring event more cause you have direct access to commando instead of the old lack luster officer version...

Airladning officer and Assault Officer are nearly identical at vet 0 so I do not see how the airladning officer was lackluster.
7 Feb 2020, 17:43 PM

Here's an Idea, Keep the Airlanding officer as it is (same skills, models etc.(or rename to Commando Officer?) Assault officer get renamed and stays as it is now in the mod. Then make them exclusive to each other (if one is on the battlefield, the other can't be built/called in)
Vanguard stays as it always was, and we can all be happy.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 77

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment