Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF

PAGES (16)down
3 Feb 2020, 13:26 PM

Infantry Sections

IS have been proven difficult to find their right spot for a number of reason. Some of them the bolster and Medic/pyro upgrade.

Bolster make the pricing difficult since 280/210 seem high for 4 men squads while low for 5 men squads. This makes early bolster (150/35) save 29/26 MP per squad produced saving almost 1/5 of the mp cost per sqaud.

The healing see to much to available to every squad while with new healing option the sight bonuses and the ability to call smoke and arty might also prove problematic especially with Heavy gammon bomb that will allow IS blob to walk to T4 truck smoke them and demolish them with HGB.

As for the moving accuracy can lead to all sort of trouble especially in the late battlefield with yellow cover from rocket and in combination with abilities like "Advanced Cover Combat" and "assault" (ending up with 65% accuracy on the move and faster speed).

Suggestions:

Cost
Reduce cost to 270-260
Bolster now increases entity size but does not provide the extra entity similar to Ostheer upgrade.

Pyro/Medic kit
Upgrades redesign to become an option and not a no brainier upgrade.
Pyro now increases squad size to 5 (without bolster) add 1-2 scoped Enfiled increasing far DPS lowering close and take up all weapons slots. Could add some ability maybe vs snipers or infatry detection.

Medic now increases squad size to 5 (without bolster) tuns one of the entities to medic and take up a weapon slot.
3 Feb 2020, 13:30 PM

it isnt fun to see that you can upgrade the standard IS Squad into ober like performance...while have 5 models, arty callin and cost less and take less popcap...can build sandbags..
3 Feb 2020, 13:30 PM

Universal Carrier

Although the intention are good I doubt they will help with problem of the unit that currently is timing/faust/AP rounds.

Suggestions:

A) tech requirement removed
(comes earlier)

B) upgrade cost to 30-40
(less of an initial investment)

C) Weapon DPS lowered to pio flamer
(less power level)

D) DOT removed
(power level decreased)

E) Ability added to fire a single burst at range 35 a molotov level DOT a second one detonates 3-4 second later for around 40 MU
(Now becomes a anti garrison tool but with MU cost, in addition the second explosion damage units in multi-floor buildings but in DOT manner)

F) immunity to faust critical engine damage get stunned/weapon disable instead
( faust is enough to deter it but not a death sentence)

G) automatic repair ability remove
(see faust changes)

Now the unit can provide an early flamer pio that will help UKF early vs garrison.
3 Feb 2020, 13:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2020, 13:04 PMVipper

Deployment
Since this now a CP 0 unit I would suggest to make it a build-able from HQ isntead of call in similar to PF.

I dont think this is necessary since ass gen, ass engi working the same way and we dont have any problem with them.

Grenades
To further increase the utility of the unit in early game especially in now QCQ environment and with changes to pyro/smoke access imo the Frag/WP grenade should be replaced by a incindiary grenade similar to VG that has not tech requirement. This will make the unit more useful early on.

Again, i dont think it is necessary. As i understand, wp offer both garrison clearing and smoking effect, replace wp by incindiary nade is ok but they still need some think to help with close in like smoke grenade.

Building
The ability to build sandbag and trenches imo should be removed since this is unit offensively oriented and is inline with OKW doctrinal infatry. One can go so far as to remove all building options.

Sandbags can go, but since ass gren can built bunker (i stand for correct about this), i will keep the trench.

Vet bonuses
One could add a vet 1 timed ability that adds armor to the unit for a munition cost.
In addition a vet 2-3 vet bonus could be similar to the RO.E reducing the reinforcement cost to reduce the bleed of the unit in later stages.

Agree on vet 2 or 3 reduced reinforce cost but not so much on armour. Still, I cant think of anything other than sprint.

Weapons
Thompson upgrade should take up all weapon slots.

Reasonable enough, equip ass sections with bren is pretty useless. But i want to ask if ass gren and ass engi have any slot.
3 Feb 2020, 14:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2020, 13:26 PMVipper
Infantry Sections
Cost
Reduce cost to 270-260
Bolster now increases entity size but does not provide the extra entity similar to Ostheer upgrade.

Pyro/Medic kit
Upgrades redesign to become an option and not a no brainier upgrade.
Pyro now increases squad size to 5 (without bolster) add 1-2 scoped Enfiled increasing far DPS lowering close and take up all weapons slots. Could add some ability maybe vs snipers or infatry detection.

Medic now increases squad size to 5 (without bolster) tuns one of the entities to medic and take up a weapon slot.

My suggestions:

Moving acc remain as now.

4 man sections will have 0.8 RA both in and out cover. 5 man sections will have 0.9 RA out of cover and 0.8 in cover.

Weapons slot reduce to 1.
- pyro sections upgrade add a scope Enfield, unlock arty, smoke, sight and moving acc bonus.
- Medic sections upgrade add a model, allow 5 man with bonus RA both in/out cover.
- New upgrade: Weapons sections, add 5th man and a transferable bren and maybe some armour like heavy engineer, lock out frag nade.
3 Feb 2020, 14:05 PM

I dont think this is necessary since ass gen, ass engi working the same way and we dont have any problem with them.

It is not necessary but imo it is desirable.
My suggestions apply to those units also but since AssIS are being changed it can start here.

Apart from obvious reason which is consistency there is another. Time deployment for call is greatly affected by walking distance which map related and not thing can be done about is.

For instance in Rail and metal the botom player can immediately support the right player by calling in infatry on his side greatly reducing time before efight.

Again, i dont think it is necessary. As i understand, wp offer both garrison clearing and smoking effect, replace wp by incindiary nade is ok but they still need some think to help with close in like smoke grenade.

WP is harder to use vs garrison due to lower range and late arrival. It is also problematic when used is combination with HE/heavy/gammon.

The suggestion is actually a buff to the UKF's early anti garrison capability at the small nerf in the mid.

Sandbags can go, but since ass gren can built bunker (i stand for correct about this), i will keep the trench.

Trenches are rather useless ATM and this changes aim more at keep some utility to IS and clearing the UI. I would have no issue with bunker removed from AssG for consistency reason.

Agree on vet 2 or 3 reduced reinforce cost but not so much on armour. Still, I cant think of anything other than sprint.

Imo timed abilities increasing the defensive properties of CQC units is a great tools to balance this units. These units seem to be always on the edge of either being too oppressive or UP.

The ostheer officer that comes with a timed ability (although that increases DPS) seems to work fine thus imo such an ability would allow theses to be OP but for limited time.

Reasonable enough, equip ass sections with bren is pretty useless. But i want to ask if ass gren and ass engi have any slot.

They do engineer can even get a flamer. On the other hand AssG do not have weapon racks and both units do not have access to Thompson a weapon that is not an SMG but a hybrid between an smg and an assault rifle.

(Actually my suggestion for AssEng was to have at 4 men at around 240 cost and the ability to either upgrade to a flamer or 2 thompson plus 1 entity+ a stun grenade)
3 Feb 2020, 14:42 PM

"might prove problematic"

How about you help test the patch and provide replays or YouTube videos rather than typing pages of theory crafting on what "might" be UP or OP.

This is not just aimed at vipper, but everyone ITT. When preview patches don't get enough testers we end up with a situation last time (UKF nerfed into the floor and already strong soviets buffed even stronger). The balance team has put the effort in building a new patch so it's our duty to test it.

As for the assault officer his voicelines and model are great, as such deserves to be a nondoc unit just due to the lack of unique voice lines and infantry models Brits have compared to other factions.

Having everything just using Tommy skins and voice lines is incredibly stale and boring.
3 Feb 2020, 14:54 PM

the new commander change seems great. I just want to make sure, is it ok for UKF have M5AA at 2CP.
I see USF have M5AA at 3CP. is it the same M5? Why are they different in CP?
3 Feb 2020, 15:07 PM

"might prove problematic"

How about you help test the patch and provide replays or YouTube videos rather than typing pages of theory crafting on what "might" be UP or OP.

I would be more than happy to join any winter balance game you create.

Providing videos on youtube unfortunately is counter productive since there is a part of the community that simple like to criticize other and attribute everything to the player providing the video. It simply does not worth the effort with current toxic level of the community.

As for "theory crafting" my skill in it good enough and I do not stay on paper I actually test thing, since each method has its merits. Time and again I have predicted many issues that would have remained unseen even via testing since they require specific conditions. The "theory crafting only" description is a simple malicious rumor spread by from specif user that seem to have a number of personal issues and completely wrong.

As an example I identified the problem with Conscripts DPS long before anyone could had become aware of via in game testing.

On the other hand I agree that the more Winter balance games are played the better picture everyone will get for value of the proposed changes.
3 Feb 2020, 15:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Air landing Officer: surprised don't see much talk about it as it's a "new" non doc unit been add.

Make your bets here if you think it will end up been not used, niche/situational or staple unit of UKF.
3 Feb 2020, 15:52 PM

Air landing Officer: surprised don't see much talk about it as it's a "new" non doc unit been add.

Make your bets here if you think it will end up been not used, niche/situational or staple unit of UKF.

It will be use quite a lot, i think.
3 Feb 2020, 21:45 PM

I'd say it'll turn out like USF mortar, it will be used, but it will be, as everything else - situational.
4 Feb 2020, 03:56 AM

Maybe give back Officer Ex Bren again?But limit Commando and Officer only can pick up 1 bren?
4 Feb 2020, 04:02 AM

Maybe give back Officer Ex Bren again?But limit Commando and Officer only can pick up 1 bren?

+1, but only for officer, commando is doctrinal and dont have any problem with 2 elite bren. For the officer, Without elite tag, equip cqc unit like him with bren gun is pretty meaningless
4 Feb 2020, 04:05 AM

And, version 1.1 still remain the officer's silenced sten ? Hope it will at least turn into a normal sten when patch come live, along with some UI changes.
4 Feb 2020, 04:12 AM

+1, but only for officer, commando is doctrinal and dont have any problem with 2 elite bren. For the officer, Without elite tag, equip cqc unit like him with bren gun is pretty meaningless

Yes,only for Officer,I though should give them single Ex Bren or some other weapon upgrade like Thompson to improve UKF close combat
4 Feb 2020, 04:35 AM

Yes,only for Officer,I though should give them single Ex Bren or some other weapon upgrade like Thompson to improve UKF close combat

I suggest a single thompson for the officer model to replace the current silenced sten, but there are concerns it will be come problematic.
4 Feb 2020, 04:48 AM

I suggest a single thompson for the officer model to replace the current silenced sten, but there are concerns it will be come problematic.

I don't like give a squad default special weapon,because some time this weapon will be replace by other……like USF Lieutenant and Captain,they have Thompson,but after pick up weapon and lost member,sometimes will replace officer Thompson,and only when officer dead and refresh other,it will be back……so it will be big waste sometime
4 Feb 2020, 07:12 AM

- pyro sections upgrade add a scope Enfield, unlock arty, smoke, sight and moving acc bonus.
- Medic sections upgrade add a model, allow 5 man with bonus RA both in/out cover.
- New upgrade: Weapons sections, add 5th man and a transferable bren and maybe some armour like heavy engineer, lock out frag nade.

Interesting.
4 Feb 2020, 08:43 AM

Winter Balance Mod 1.1 report: Infantry Sections can no longer enter garrisons nor trenches.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS