Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF

PAGES (16)down
29 Jan 2020, 17:27 PM

UKF 1.3
HEAVY TANKS

In order to make it more rewarding to kill heavy call-in vehicles, all heavy tanks, heavy tank destroyers and heavy assault guns now have the following:

-Recharge standardized to 3 minutes
-Cooldown on ability now starts upon death of the heavy tank
-Reverted previous tech requirements from version 1.0

*Special thanks to community modder Sneakeye for providing the solution for this implementation.

Churchill Crocodile

CP requirement from 9 to 12

Generalist Medium Tanks

Cromwell

Because of the above changes (target size), the Cromwell is losing its target size advantage over other medium tanks. This is being compensated with a boost to its MGs to allow the tank to better combat infantry.

MG cooldown duration from 2/3 to 2/2.5
MG far cooldown from 1.5 to 1
MG mid cooldown from 1 to 0.85
MG far accuracy from 0.35 to 0.4
MG mid accuracy from 0.55 to 0.575

Infantry Sections

Overall sentiment suggests Tommies are too punishing to use, especially in fights where they need to maneuver. These changes are designed to make them less difficult to use in the open and on the move, while keeping their overall power level in a non-oppressive state.
Additionally, in order to give the UKF an easier time to circumvent enemy static defenses, the pyrotechnics upgrade has received an off-map smoke barrage ability in order to make the upgrade more attractive, and allow for an early game smoke option for the Brits.

-Lee Enfield moving accuracy from 0.35 to 0.5
-Pyro Smoke Barrage for 25 munitions; same range as the pyrotechnic artillery. Smoke comes from off-map; has a global cooldown (recharge is shared across all squads).
-Target size from 0.9 to 0.85; target size in cover remains the same at 0.8
-Lend Lease Regiment Assault Section upgrade removed.

Assault Infantry Section (Assault Section Package)

In order to give the UKF more starting build options, as well as giving them an easier early game on urban or close quarters orientated maps, Assault Sections have been reworked as a separate call-in squad:

-Now an infantry call-in for 280 manpower for 0 CPs
-Automatically starts as a 5 men squad; not affected by bolster
-Target size 1
-Equipped with 5x Stens stock
-2x Thompsons Package now unlocks White Phosphorous Grenade; survivability bonus moved to veterancy
-Veterancy
Veterancy 1: -25% recharge on all grenades, -10% Received Accuracy
Veterancy 2: -29% Received Accuracy, -25% Weapon Cooldown
Veterancy 3: +30% Weapon Accuracy, -5 munitions to grenade costs.

Tank Hunter Infantry Section

-Now automatically starts as a 5 men squad; not affected by bolster.
Can now replace their Boys AT Rifles with PIATs for 70 munitions.
PIAT upgrade removes the out-of-cover penalty to cooldown and reload.

Assault Officer (Previously Was Airlanding Officer)

The Brits lack a dedicated close quarters squad. In order to mitigate this somewhat, we have repurposed the underused air landing officer into an offensive utility option for this period of the game. This should give Brit players the ability to handle close quarters situations without turning them into a close-ranged powerhouse.

-Now Available at the Platoon Command Post
-Limited to 1
-Recon run cost from 35 to 50
-Gains an additional (5th) soldier at veterancy 2
-Received Accuracy bonus at veterancy 2 moved to veterancy 3
-Now gains +30% weapon accuracy at veterancy 3
-Removed Smoke on Retreat at Veterancy 3
-Bodyguards switched to Tommies with Unsilenced Sten Guns, same stats as Commandos
-Cost from 280 to 320
-Heroic Charge now functions similar to Captain’s On Me in terms of functionality; Unit will sprint, gain -20% Received Accuracy and +20% Weapon accuracy during its duration. Lasts 15 seconds.

Reinforce cost from 35 to 30
Veterancy 3 received accuracy from -23% to -15%
Elite Sten accuracy from 0.675/0.273/0.115 to 0.675/0.375/0.115
Self-Healing at veterancy 2 removed
Population from 9 to 8

Universal Carrier

The following change has been made to make the Wasp more effective in its role of challenging garrisoned MGs.

-WASP upgrade increases armour from 5.8 to 7

British Medic Squad

With recent updates shifting UKF build orders more towards a varied roster of units, the average amount of Infantry Sections with the healing upgrade has decreased, which can now give the UKF a hard time to heal up all their other squads. In order to give the UKF more options to fully heal their squads before sending them back into combat, a Medic Squad has been added to the HQ.

-Now available from the HQ
-Costs 180 Manpower
Auto Search Healing toggle now roots the squad to the target position.

Sexton and Valentine

-Valentine Supercharge barrage no longer shares a cooldown with the regular barrage.
-Valentine Coordinated Barrage from 35 to 60

HQ Glider

The following changes have been made to balance the removal of the air landing officer.

-Medic and Air landing Officer removed from the unit
-Forward HQ Retreat Point and Medics must now be researched for 150 manpower.
-Cost reduced to 200
Can now be repaired.
Can now train MGs and ATGs that will spawn at the glider.

Commando Glider
Can now be repaired.

British M5

CP requirement from 2 to 3

Bug Fixes

-Recovery Sappers should no longer lose their minesweepers or weapons when reinforcing with multiple slot items.
-Valentine should no longer reveal itself on random occasions when in Recon Mode
-Airlanding Officer should now be able to pick up bren guns.
-Airlanding Officer reinforce cost fixed.
-Fixed Infantry Section cost on reinforce; should now be back to 270/28
-Fixed an issue where the British medic build time was too long at 45s; now is 21
Fixed an issue where the Airlanding Officer could not enter buildings.
-----------------------------------------------------------

ver 1.2

ver 1.1

ver 1.0

(updated to 1.3)
29 Jan 2020, 18:00 PM

- Officer model should have a thompson instead of currently silenced sten and rename platoon lieutenant for more realistic feeling. Recon run move to vet 0 but lock behind platoon cp, 5th man move to vet 1.
- Tank hunter sections should have a AT nade barrage like AT conscrips, at vet or with upgrade to improve scaling. Or critical shoot at vet like siper.

29 Jan 2020, 18:02 PM

Still wish for valentine replacing Bofor as an AI oriented infantry support tank to open up more LV play. This may be the last chance.
29 Jan 2020, 18:05 PM

- Officer model should have a thompson instead of currently silenced sten ...

PLS no more thompson's prolifiration. The weapon is an abomination specifically designed for elite troops.

A normal non silenced Sten is enough.

and rename platoon lieutenant for more realistic feeling.

The model could be replaced by an officer model there is one available in files I think of the observation officer.

- Tank hunter sections should have a AT nade barrage like AT conscrips, at vet or with upgrade to improve scaling. Or critical shoot at vet like siper.

Not to barrage the combination of heavy gamon bomb and AT barrage is simply broken.

The vet bonus could be better suited for the unit's role.
29 Jan 2020, 18:11 PM

Still wish for valentine replacing Bofor as an AI oriented infantry support tank to open up more LV play. This may be the last chance.

I actually like this idea, with proper balancing of the tank it can really be a good thing.
29 Jan 2020, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2020, 18:05 PMVipper

PLS no more thompson's prolifiration. The weapon is an abomination specifically designed for elite troops.

A normal non silenced Sten is enough. .

I ask for the thompson mostly for the looking, as an officer model with a thompson both look more realistic and cooler. It can still use sten profile tho.

The model could be replaced by an officer model there is one available in files I think of the observation officer.

Can you give a picture, i want to see, thank.

Not to barrage the combination of heavy gamon bomb and AT barrage is simply broken

Heavy gammon can be lock out from AT sections in that case. Heavy gammon bomb is mostly used for anti garrison, not so fit an AT infantry unit.

The vet bonus could be better suited for the unit's role.

You mean the critical shoot? Or ?
29 Jan 2020, 20:51 PM

If officer be default unit,I think better reduce them weapon slot to 1……
For Tommy and sapper 5 men upgrade,I better remove global tech upgrade,after unlock Platoon HQ 5men upgrade for single squad like 7men Consript.60 ammo for Tommy,increase squad size and always have in cover buff like AssaultTommy upgrade.Sapper default squad size to 5 but increase build cost to 250 MP,and heavy sapper upgrade I think it should use weapon slot,time to remove 3x LMG sapper,or Vickers LMG remove from Heavy sapper
And platoon upgrade,I think now no reason let AEC and Bofos lock out other,bound it together for T2.5 upgrade will be good
29 Jan 2020, 23:36 PM

the combination of heavy gamon bomb and AT barrage is simply broken.

Okay, seriously, what crack are you smoking when you say that the Heavy Gammon Bomb as it currently stands is even contributing to a unit being broken? Have you ever even tried using one?
29 Jan 2020, 23:36 PM

Edit: accidental double post, removed.
29 Jan 2020, 23:39 PM

Okay, seriously, what crack are you smoking when you say that the Heavy Gammon Bomb as it currently stands is even contributing to a unit being broken? Have you ever even tried using one?

It looks evil and powerful on excel sheet, therefore its op, completely irrelevant that it is unusable against anyone above 4 digit rank.
29 Jan 2020, 23:47 PM

Read more carefully it was suggested that the AT section grenade should be replaced by AT grenade barrage similar to AT conscripts. In that case AT section (hammer tactics) would be able to fire 5 at grenades and a heavy gammon bomb.
30 Jan 2020, 00:00 AM

can i report bug here ?

for ukf : the officer has the on me icon when ability is used, visually only the officer has silenced gun other have the non silenced ones

the smoke ability of pyro IS is wonky look at it
30 Jan 2020, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jan 2020, 23:47 PMVipper

Read more carefully it was suggested that the AT section grenade should be replaced by AT grenade barrage similar to AT conscripts. In that case AT section (hammer tactics) would be able to fire 5 at grenades and a heavy gammon bomb.

I get your point, if AT sections have a AT nade barrage + hammer then it will be guarantee snare + a heavy gammon.

Anyway, heavy gammon still not fit an AT infantry unit so i dont see any problem if we remove it from AT sections if AT nade barrage be added.
30 Jan 2020, 03:50 AM

Or, give AT sections sticky gammon bomb with hammer ? Basically satchel charge clone but can work.
30 Jan 2020, 03:57 AM

can i report bug here ?

for ukf : the officer has the on me icon when ability is used, visually only the officer has silenced gun other have the non silenced ones

It is intended that officer's bodyguards turn to tommy with nonsilenced sten. I was suggesting give the officer model a thompson(event with sten profile) or a nonsilenced sten.
30 Jan 2020, 09:32 AM

I get your point, if AT sections have a AT nác barrage + hammer then it will be guarantee snare + a heavy gammon.

I know you do, but other probably did not read carefully enough. (and of course there are some who simply like to troll)

Or, give AT sections sticky gammon bomb with hammer ? Basically satchel charge clone but can work.

That would probably by my suggestion also for redesigning the heavy gammon but with a change. Remove the engine critical (from all these weapons). One shot permanent snares where removed from infatry for a reason.

That would be enough to stop vehicles bulling AT infatry and could be used to help these units do more damage to already snared highly armored vehicles.

Then heavy gammon bomb could become replace the AT tommies grenades.
30 Jan 2020, 19:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Recon plane cost should probably go up. At least to same levels as the major recon plane.

35 vs 50

PD: i also realised why the medics cost 180 as they are a unit. Is it easier than implementing non popcap, self respawning medics ?
30 Jan 2020, 20:56 PM

If officer be default unit,I think better reduce them weapon slot to 1……
For Tommy and sapper 5 men upgrade,I better remove global tech upgrade,after unlock Platoon HQ 5men upgrade for single squad like 7men Consript.60 ammo for Tommy,increase squad size and always have in cover buff like AssaultTommy upgrade.Sapper default squad size to 5 but increase build cost to 250 MP,and heavy sapper upgrade I think it should use weapon slot,time to remove 3x LMG sapper,or Vickers LMG remove from Heavy sapper
And platoon upgrade,I think now no reason let AEC and Bofos lock out other,bound it together for T2.5 upgrade will be good

Officer lost its special brens tag , so they will equip much worse brens than before.
30 Jan 2020, 20:58 PM

-Valentine should no longer reveal itself on random occasions when in Recon Mode

Need to fix the valentine in both mode so it can actually never reveal itself again randomly, While I use the valentine quite frequently I rarely use recon mode and the tank reveal itself in normal mode in the fog of war quite frequently.
30 Jan 2020, 21:00 PM

can i report bug here ?

Currently the smoke ability of IS drop as normal red flare then green smoke pop out and about 4-5 seconds later 2 moderate pop of smoke spawn from off map lol
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS