Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback - UKF

PAGES (16)down
1 Feb 2020, 09:08 AM

Just remove the vet 1 sight bonus from pyro sections.
1 Feb 2020, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 09:01 AMVipper

UKF are about to become better vs MG with smoke and about to need less medic upgrades with medics from base.

Pyro proliferation is a valid concern. That is why my suggestion revolves around making pyro not a brainless upgrade but a trade off.

IR Pathefinders are at least doctrinal.

Thanks for the analysis for us that don't play ukf.

Yes hearing so, pyro sight is going to wreck my wehr games even more.

The current usf major arty is already a cheese ball.

Cant believe how hard mod team is trying to irrelevant wehr static meta. :(
1 Feb 2020, 10:26 AM

Just remove the vet 1 sight bonus from pyro sections.

Sure, just move some RA from vet 2 to 1, and done.
1 Feb 2020, 10:31 AM

Wow, putting a squad in cover is sooooo much micro! Someone get those ukf guys a towel to wipe off the stream of sweat from all the effort!

Read carefully, mate, i said: "require actual micro" not "require a lot of micro"
1 Feb 2020, 10:43 AM

http://prntscr.com/qvt1iw

^ seriously with all the additions the inf sections get now, how is this shit fair? Not even a sniper has such a ludicrous sight range.

http://prntscr.com/qvt247

Snipers have 45 sight range while Pyro Sections have 42 sight range. Other recon squads like JLI or Pathfinders have 50 sight range. Snipers with veterancy permanently have 54 sight range, Pyro Sections with veterancy have 52 sight range and only in cover.
1 Feb 2020, 10:55 AM

Snipers have 45 sight range while Pyro Sections have 42 sight range. Other recon squads like JLI or Pathfinders have 50 sight range. Snipers with veterancy permanently have 54 sight range, Pyro Sections with veterancy have 52 sight range and only in cover.

UKF already has a sniper unit, no reason to have another unit with such crazy sight, especially now that base medics exist and you don’t rely on medkits as UKF and can afford pyrotechnics sections.

Removing the vet 1 sight bonus is extremely reasonable.
1 Feb 2020, 10:57 AM

Snipers have 45 sight range while Pyro Sections have 42 sight range.
Snipers with veterancy permanently have 54 sight range, Pyro Sections with veterancy have 52 sight range and only in cover.

Thanks for providing the stats:
Some notes
Sniper start at 45 sight and get 1.2 bonus at vet 1, UKF sniper seems to get+10 for 55.
IS get +10 bonus in cover at vet 1 Pyro gives 7.

1 Feb 2020, 11:10 AM

UKF already has a sniper unit, no reason to have another unit with such crazy sight, especially now that base medics exist and you don’t rely on medkits as UKF and can afford pyrotechnics sections.

Removing the vet 1 sight bonus is extremely reasonable.

Ost has already a sniper unit a 222 and 251 for mad sight.
No reason to have another unit with such crazy sight.
Yet, pios have it, right out of the gate.
1 Feb 2020, 11:15 AM

Ost has already a sniper unit a 222 and 251 for mad sight.
No reason to have another unit with such crazy sight.
Yet, pios have it, right out of the gate.

Didn’t realize having crazy vision do it all mainlines is a good design because Ostheer has a good sight engineer (7 more than normal) and good sight LV that needs to be vetted up to vet 2.

My apologies.
1 Feb 2020, 11:18 AM

Didn’t realize having crazy vision do it all mainlines is a good design because Ostheer has a good sight engineer (7 more than normal) and good sight LV that needs to be vetted up to vet 2.

My apologies.

Sections are far from "do it all mainline", they also require an upgrade and vet 1, and have to be in cover to gain the sight.
1 Feb 2020, 11:18 AM

Sections are far from "do it all mainline", they also require an upgrade and vet 1, and have to be in cover to gain the sight.

Yeah 60 muni and a bit of vet is such a tall mountain to climb.
1 Feb 2020, 11:21 AM

Yeah 60 muni and a bit of vet is such a tall mountain to climb.

Sure, but what dose it take for pio to gain +7 sight? Isn't th answer is nothing?

1 Feb 2020, 11:24 AM

Sure, but what dose it take for pio to gain +7 sight? Isn't th answer is nothing?

Yes because Pioneer 42 sight is the same as 52 sight in cover for all mainlines. Okay dude. Totally not biased.

This is also totally not broken with the vet 1 range bonus in buildings for Vickers HMGs.
1 Feb 2020, 11:31 AM

Yes because Pioneer 42 sight is the same as 52 sight in cover for all mainlines. Okay dude. Totally not biased.

This is also totally not broken with the vet 1 range bonus in buildings for Vickers HMGs.

Mate, it is 52 sight with an upgrade that lock out the best healing of the game + vet + cover. My point when compare it to pio is that it require more so it gain more.
1 Feb 2020, 11:38 AM

Mate, it is 52 sight with an upgrade that lock out the best healing of the game + vet + cover. My point when compare it to pio is that it require more so it gain more.

Vet+cover is meaningless since it’s vet 1 and Sections need cover anyway. As for healing you now have medics in the base so it’s not vital at all anymore and you only need 1 medic section to heal everyone.

Any other “muh ukf isn’t OP” arguments? It’s hard to press the upgrade button so it’s okay?
1 Feb 2020, 11:44 AM

Yeah the sight bonus sounds really unfair now it is discussed.

Didn't they just nerfed spotting scope. And that's doctrinal

Staying in cover, any cover. Is way easier than stationary and a second delay.

Seems like a cheese buff to firefly indirectly, and even the ukf pak and emplacements. :(

Mortar barrages in maps like studsdt is going to be so easy. Pyro section holding ground with 52 sight. Lol
1 Feb 2020, 11:52 AM

Vet+cover is meaningless since it’s vet 1 and Sections need cover anyway. As for healing you now have medics in the base so it’s not vital at all anymore and you only need 1 medic section to heal everyone.

Any other “muh ukf isn’t OP” arguments? It’s hard to press the upgrade button so it’s okay?

The medic in HQ is mostly for decoration, as it has been confirm the worse medic.

And, it's not "Hard to press upgrade button", it is an investment.

I'm not going to pretend that 52 sight is not strong, but not to the extend of OP in my opinion, and it has been neft last patch if my memory work.

If vet and cover is too easy to achieve then i'm totally OK with move it to vet 2 or/and reduce bonus sight to about 50.
1 Feb 2020, 12:10 PM

Anyone find it unfair that the mod accept specs op and spotting scope provide too much vision for axis.

Yet somehow allies have so much vision options, and some even uncounterable?

And it is allies that have long range arty and 60td as stock units.

Why the exemption and now ukf buff? :(
1 Feb 2020, 12:48 PM

Anyone find it unfair that the mod accept specs op and spotting scope provide too much vision for axis.

No its not unfair.
Spottings scopes on the 222 scaled with the 222 to absurd ranges. On top of pio,s getting extra sight range for squat. The okw xray machine revealing anything in range. Non doc cloaked units of okw can give vital intel without being spotted. And scopes on a units with snare is quite strong. Ost smoke strafe plane gives vision from where it flies while the marked target plane for sov doesnt.

The jadgpanzr 4 stuka zu fub and pwerfer disagree with you on axis not having 60 range td,s and long range arty. By my account they are stock units.
Ow and axis esp okw have much higher armour levels stock. So allied td,s should be able to fight them stock. Having 300 armour stock readely available will in turn warrent focus on td,s on the allied side. Not that allied td are not overtuned but kt goes hand in hand with them.

Now with that said. I can see the smoke drop plus sight range increase to be a bit to strong. Esp next moving acc from 0.3 to 0.5. A slight toning down seems in order imo.
1 Feb 2020, 12:54 PM

Infantry sections's sight bonus dont light up behind the enemy's frontline and can totally be counterable by attacking the unit. It's not event that funny to compare sight bounus on an infantry unit with the recon flare.

i dont know whichs "long range arty" you are talking about but Axis have nondoc superheavy with 300+ amour, rememer ?

And, one of two axis factions also have stock 60 range TD of their owns.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS