Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
29 Jan 2020, 19:03 PM

Luftwaffe Ground Forces needs a rework. The doctrine is lying dead in a pool of blood. Accept the failure and fix it:

1) Replace heavy fortifications with 5 man Luft Pioneer squad (210mp) with 5 Kar98s, better repair speeds, Ost minefields and trenches&heavy fortifications.
2) Remove the T4 upgrade for Falls and give them a 5th man upgrade when T4 is up. Keep them at 2 FG42s. Give them the ability to lay flare mines and schu mines.
3) Remove Valiant Assault. Replace with Ostwind.
4) Remove Ostwind from Scavenge doctrine and replace with something else.
29 Jan 2020, 19:09 PM

Luftwaffe Ground Forces needs a rework. The doctrine is lying dead in a pool of blood. Accept the failure and fix it:

1) Replace heavy fortifications with 5 man Luft Pioneer squad (210mp) with 5 Kar98s, better repair speeds, Ost minefields and trenches&heavy fortifications.
2) Remove the T4 upgrade for Falls and give them a 5th man upgrade when T4 is up. Keep them at 2 FG42s. Give them the ability to lay flare mines and schu mines.

Why not sd2 butterfly bombs as well (i guess the s-mines will do that but having em fall from the sky is kinda cool).
Why not Henschel strafing runs aswell.
29 Jan 2020, 19:09 PM

You pay for it dearly with a neutered resource income.

Except not really though because you're calling it in to end the game...

But you completely missed the point. It's not about how much you pay. Coh2 moved away from paying for veterancy, like I just said
29 Jan 2020, 19:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You pay for it dearly with a neutered resource income.

Only when you keep it alive.

There was only another unit in the game with the same concept behind it, Partisans (low call in cost, absurd reinforce cost for performance).

If the unit is bad stat wise, there is design space to buff it.
The whole resource butchering income just makes you want to do as much damage as possible while losing the unit as fast as you can.

You can cry as louder as you want about how you liked the previous version of it, but it is as pointless as trying to get vet 1 Rifles back, old Windustry system or original resource conversion from CAS.

Why should LV's counter falls. Guards can also fight both infantry and LV's(much better than falls).

I literally explained why in my first paragraph.

Using your logic:

Why should LV's counter paratroopers. Guards can also fight both infantry and LV's(much better than paratroppers).

Guards require 75 ammo to even get AI weapons and have worse dps than falls vs infantry. They're literally the only dedicated AT/AI elite hybrid in the game that doesn't excel at either and that's your argument for giving falls faust?

If your argument is diversity, falls having faust does the opposite as they fulfill the same role as volks and basically homogenize your army composition.

How about not giving them faust at all and give them a distinct weakness such as every other elite infantry squad has in the game(Obers, Shocks, Rangers, Stormtroopers, Paratroopers, Pgrens): Light vehicles.

Falls are not meant to be your volk replacement like many people like to pretend they are. They are supposed to be a supplemental all range AI unit with insane ambush dps.

I secretly don't care. If the faust will be removed from them for good I won't shed a tier. The heavy tank meta and power of discount 20 MP "penals" and 1CP "shocks" is kind of ridiculous.
29 Jan 2020, 19:53 PM

I literally explained why in my first paragraph.

Using your logic:

Why should LV's counter paratroopers. Guards can also fight both infantry and LV's(much better than paratroppers).

Para's can't fight LV's (unless they get zooks) guards can without upgrades(more so with upgrades).

Guards require 75 ammo to even get AI weapons and have worse dps than falls vs infantry. They're literally the only dedicated AT/AI elite hybrid in the game that doesn't excel at either and that's your argument for giving falls faust?

DP's aren't that bad why do people think they are bad. I like em, they beat gren, zones LV's and Tanks.

If your argument is diversity, falls having faust does the opposite as they fulfill the same role as volks and basically homogenize your army composition.

My argument is not diversity. Why should allies only posses uber elite infantry. Sovs have shocks who basically ignores damage from small arms, USF have PARAS who whith their regular weapons have similar(or better) stats as PF g43's. And can get 2x LMG that shreds infantry of a faction who's design was "you fight from cover and at long range but suck at close" from long range and fuck them in close and also has suppression, UKF have commandos who are UBER stormtroopers with none of the drawback but all of the positives. Why can't axis have a strong elite infantry that you just have to work hard to deal with.
29 Jan 2020, 20:38 PM

Old Ace was cheesy af, stop arguing this bullshit, all you had to do was get 2 stugs, call ace and push with all your units at the same time to win the game, Ace would take all the shots while killing infantry along with grens and stugs would just rush and snipe any vehicles. It was literally a "I win" button.
29 Jan 2020, 23:37 PM

Can we revert the Overwatch flares nerf?

Also give the KT blitz at vet 0, then put the vet 4 bonus at vet 3 and the vet 5 at 4, then give it free blitz at vet 5. The unit is massively underperforming due to its complete lack of mobility.
30 Jan 2020, 04:40 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

If Ostheer is still being considered can we throw in a nerf to panzer tactician?

Smoke drop delay? Dropping infront of the tank instead of on the tank? Muni increase?

It's just too brainless.
30 Jan 2020, 04:55 AM

The idea of putting the Ostwind in the doctrine is good, the unit would certainly fit better to LGF than to Scavenge. 5man uprade instead of the FG42 sound nice too.
T-34/76 would be my choice to replace the Ostwind in Scavenge. MAybe limit the number of available T34 to 1 on the field then.
30 Jan 2020, 05:34 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 04:55 AMSmartie

T-34/76 would be my choice to replace the Ostwind in Scavenge. MAybe limit the number of available T34 to 1 on the field then.

Lol
30 Jan 2020, 09:13 AM

If Ostheer is still being considered can we throw in a nerf to panzer tactician?

Smoke drop delay? Dropping infront of the tank instead of on the tank? Muni increase?

It's just too brainless.

+1
30 Jan 2020, 10:57 AM

How about not giving them faust at all and give them a distinct weakness such as every other elite infantry squad has in the game(Obers, Shocks, Rangers, Stormtroopers, Paratroopers, Pgrens): Light vehicles.

Falls are not meant to be your volk replacement like many people like to pretend they are. They are supposed to be a supplemental all range AI unit with insane ambush dps.

something like 4 Man squat size and losing much Firepower :lolol: and u compare them with shocks... ok:D
and a shit doctrine...

Falls are a dead unit in a dead doctrine. Who cares anymore.

Why get Falls when you can just get Obers and pick an actually useful doctrine lol. I love how they said they want Commander diversity, then they mega nerf the most viable non Grand Offensive commander just so you have to crutch on the Tiger 1 even harder. Another horrible decision by the balance team after Overwatch flares, the Panther murder, the Brummbar murder and the Assault Engineer murder.

Hopefully these get touched upon.

while buffing SU and OST T4 is still laughable

1. its a good idea
2. Just keep them 4 Men but give them one FG with the Firepower of the 2 now and when T2 is up get them another one. Then the 1/4 Firepower drop is not so relevant and they maybe work.
3. Yes
4. Yes
30 Jan 2020, 11:15 AM

Why should LV's counter falls. Guards can also fight both infantry and LV's(much better than falls).

Not only Guards. Also penals can fight both Inf and Vehicles. Penals also has the nuclear sticky satchel.
30 Jan 2020, 11:16 AM

The thing with the Luftwaffe doctrine is that the Stuka CAS feels so strange. It seems to take forever until the planes arrive and I am not sure why that is. I also had it bug out several times where despite enemy vehicles being in sight it wouldn't track and would just do nothing until the timer was up and the planes flew away.

Why not just make it a Ostheer Stuka CAS clone? IMO this is the main thing that needs to be fixed about the doctrine because Falls + smoke/recon and Valiant assault are a good combo. The emplacements are mediocre at best but IMO if the loiter was buffed the doctrine would be fine.
30 Jan 2020, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 11:15 AMLeo251

Not only Guards. Also penals can fight both Inf and Vehicles. Penals also has the nuclear sticky satchel.

There is no squad in game that AT penals can fight with any kind of reliability.
Multiple squads vs 1 unupgraded, well, where are more of your squads then?
30 Jan 2020, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 11:32 AMKatitof

There is no squad in game that AT penals can fight with any kind of reliability.
Multiple squads vs 1 unupgraded, well, where are more of your squads then?

Oh yeah, Try fighting vet3 ptrs penals vs vet5 stg volks from mid-long, see who wins. For some reason people thing ptrs penals are terrible at fighting infantry. But my experience says they are not. vet3 ptrs penals can still beat vet 3 lmg grens from close.
30 Jan 2020, 14:49 PM

Oh yeah, Try fighting vet3 ptrs penals vs vet5 stg volks from mid-long, see who wins. For some reason people thing ptrs penals are terrible at fighting infantry. But my experience says they are not. vet3 ptrs penals can still beat vet 3 lmg grens from close.

They are terrible....
There is a 10% chance to hit infantry of target size of 1 when penals are vet3.
25% at close range. And its for whooping 14 damage.

Both PTRS rifles at close range at vet3 have little over ONE DPS against target size of 1, at far range its about 0,6 DPS.
30 Jan 2020, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jan 2020, 14:49 PMKatitof

They are terrible....
There is a 10% chance to hit infantry of target size of 1 when penals are vet3.
15% at close range.

Both PTRS rifles at close range at vet3 have little over ONE DPS against target size of 1, at far range its less then 0,5 DPS.

SO we are going to ignore the fact penals have 4 svt's +70% acc from vet. Did you ever even try to fight axis mainlines with vetted ptrs penals???? If you did you would not have this opinion.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS