Login

russian armor

Panzerwerfer fix

7 Jan 2020, 01:05 AM

I think the PWerfer is mostly fine, it's OSTs T4 that is not. Make T4 more accessible and let's see how it goes from there.

The only reason I go for T4 is to get werfer. Stugs, P4 and Ostwind does the heavy lifting in most cases.
7 Jan 2020, 02:23 AM

That was just an example of the current design’s fragility, I’m not losing it to gunfire lol

Since lethality is hard to increase, why not make it more durable? It already has to get close to barrage.

But cause why should it have increased durability? I played when the stuka took multiple tank shells to kill and it was awful. Rewarding bad players with golden parachutes for using units improperly doesn't make the unit better as much as makes bad players better. It's literally saying "take away the risk so I can reap the reward" but that's not how the game works.

It only hits like a truck at near suicidal ranges.. at long range.. good luck as your not doing much..

It only hits like a truck when used competently.
Just hearing a werfer should be enough to make your enemy make sure any juicy target is as safe as can be. You don't have to secure a wipe for it to be useful. Causing bleed makes it useful, causing micro makes it useful, it's part of your army not the whole thing. Also there's more ranges than max and min yea? Find one that you are comfortable with. Seriously use it with half the devotion employed in trying to make it work without any effort at all and I'm sure you will see results a better blob deleter this game has no longer.
7 Jan 2020, 03:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Reminder that shift + order is da wey.
7 Jan 2020, 11:25 AM

I think the PWerfer is mostly fine, it's OSTs T4 that is not. Make T4 more accessible and let's see how it goes from there.

Switch the Pwerfer with the Stug4 and give the Stug 60 range :)
7 Jan 2020, 11:29 AM

Switch the Pwerfer with the Stug4 and give the Stug 60 range :)

Congrats, now ost has no vehicular AT until very late game.
7 Jan 2020, 11:32 AM

Congrats, now ost has no vehicular AT until very late game.

Atleast they have a 60 range AT unit like every other faction and P4 is still in T3 :)
7 Jan 2020, 12:18 PM

Why not remove stug then and replace it with jp4, while your there you can also replace grens with volks...
7 Jan 2020, 14:16 PM

I would decrease the fire-rate of Panzerwerfer but give it an extra ability for a low-angle attack, increasing the acc. and speed of rockets for saying ~70 range.

So it can change to a small katjusha-modus.

I would also change the Ostheer tech.
7 Jan 2020, 17:27 PM

To use the term 'fix' it must first be broken.

What you are describing are your personal feelings regarding the unit.

Personally, I think its absolutely fine. High alpha with pin so great for scoot and shoot.
7 Jan 2020, 17:59 PM

Yea PW is fine as it now!
7 Jan 2020, 18:21 PM

it need to long to land the rocket in the target..even in close range your enemy has a tone of time to react.

this isnt possible vs katjuhscha and caliope. they land their rockets before you can react.
7 Jan 2020, 18:25 PM

it need to long to land the rocket in the target..even in close range your enemy has a tone of time to react.

this isnt possible vs katjuhscha and caliope. they land their rockets before you can react.

They lay a couple of their rockets quickly. 2/3 of the Katy payload is long after the enemy has left. You can't have it all...
7 Jan 2020, 18:29 PM

They lay a couple of their rockets quickly. 2/3 of the Katy payload is long after the enemy has left. You can't have it all...

kat and caliope have a 98% wipe chance in close range since they land enough rockets in super fast time with no reaction time after hearing sound. you must predict it..and maybe than you can evade. else no chance
7 Jan 2020, 19:25 PM

you must predict it..and maybe than you can evade. else no chance

Please explain how this is any different from every single form of on-map artillery in the game?

When a howitzer fires its first shot you have WAY more time to dodge shots but you still have no fucking clue where its firing until the shell lands

Same with w. stuka, B4, etc you have to predict based on sound, what you think your opponent sees, how clustered some of your units, etc. in order to minimize your losses
7 Jan 2020, 21:11 PM

kat and caliope have a 98% wipe chance in close range since they land enough rockets in super fast time with no reaction time after hearing sound. you must predict it..and maybe than you can evade. else no chance

Funny how if you can predict the enemy movement so all the rocket hit and get a wipe" is a possibility for all other arty except the werfer. Try predicting where the enemy is going to be and they won't have a chance! Don't try and change a unit because you can't aim it.
7 Jan 2020, 21:12 PM

Werfer has 110% wipe chance in close range, because it will annihilate whatever light vehicle or infantry due to extremely low scatter and alpha strike.
7 Jan 2020, 21:18 PM

Werfer has 110% wipe chance in close range, because it will annihilate whatever light vehicle or infantry due to extremely low scatter and alpha strike.

Yea but they can hear it and will move unlike all the other arty in the game that doesn't have sounds! I think the werfer should take into account what units are in the targeting circle and the rockets should actively track them so even if they move I can still get wipes. And after that I would actually like the game to play itself entirely but credit me because I don't actually want to do anything towards winning, like predicting movements or taking risks but I do want to climb the leader board. /s
7 Jan 2020, 21:21 PM

Yea but they can hear it and will move unlike all the other arty in the game that doesn't have sounds! I think the werfer should take into account what units are in the targeting circle and the rockets should actively track them so even if they move I can still get wipes. And after that I would actually like the game to play itself entirely but credit me because I don't actually want to do anything towards winning, like predicting movements or taking risks but I do want to climb the leader board. /s

They hear it alright, its just, they just freeze in terror upon hearing Stalin's Organs and can not move from the spot they are in anymore.
In-game troops are literally rooted to the ground, while axis players have CoD:WW2 german soldier pov flashbacks.
7 Jan 2020, 22:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The Katy can land at most 3 rockets before the Axis player realizes what happens. You need a decent junk of luck to wipe with that. After that, you know exactly where the rest of the barrage will go down.
The Panzerwerfer is more hit or miss, but the damage done is way higher. It's risk vs reward. Also, unlike the Katy, you never know where it will hit. If you repositioned the wrong unit or your opponent won the mind game and predicted your path, you'll eat everything. If the SOV player won the mindgame, you'll still only eat 3 rockets
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★