Login

russian armor

World Champs Final Weekend polls and discussion

15 Nov 2019, 13:26 PM

All ye fools who do not believe in the might of Asten shall be struck by a hail of Stroopwafels and Hagelslag.

make them choke on bitterballen
15 Nov 2019, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 13:14 PMA_E

Perhaps Sander is right then, perhaps people just like the spectacle without actually being interested in the fortunes and strategies of the players themselves?

Can only speak for myself but i talk a lot about the stats or certain play styles with my bro - too much if you ask my wife:) I guess a lot of players discuss the tourneys with their teammates but not on the forums.
And to be honest it not quite encouraging if in 9 of 10 threads people come a long with the "show your player card" argument. Why should interested low level or mid level players discuss strats if they are treated like ....
I think we as a community should expect more from us if we want to grow with COH3. We may be separated in certain skill levels but should be united in our love for the game.

See you tomorrow in the twitch chat!
THX FOR CASTING!
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 13:30 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 13:28 PMSmartie

Can only speak for myself but i talk a lot about the stats or certain play styles with my bro - too much if you ask my wife:) I guess a lot of players discuss the tourneys with their teammates but not on the forums.
And to be honest it not quite encouraging if in 9 of 10 threads people come a long with the "show your player card" argument. Why should interested low level or mid level players discuss strats if they are treated like ....
I think we as a community should expect more from us if we want to grow with COH3. We may be separated in certain skill levels but should be united in our love for the game.

See you tomorrow in the twitch chat!
THX FOR CASTING!

See you too, and one thing I can say for certain is that the support for the competitive scene as seen in YouTube/Twitch is PHENOMENAL.

Again my complaint here is it has never manifested in any of the forum discussion.

See you tomorrow! :)
15 Nov 2019, 13:31 PM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 13:06 PMA_E

Check the discord https://discord.gg/5HNvyHM

Looks like there are only replay files for the round-robin part for Luvnest's group, 8 replays in total. Then again I'm terribad with discord, so I might be looking in the wrong place...
15 Nov 2019, 13:39 PM

All ye fools who do not believe in the might of Asten shall be struck by a hail of Stroopwafels and Hagelslag.

And get hit by a pair of Klompen thrown down from the Windmolen in Faymonville.
15 Nov 2019, 14:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 10:55 AMA_E
(Apologies for the small post to be honest I'm disappointed in our community that there's literally no discussion or posts about one of the biggest tournaments in our history outside of the Twitch/YouTube chat).

I might be wrong but to me it felt like in recent years there was a lot forum discussion about a tourney going on only if 1) the balance seemed to be completely broken or 2) there was some sort of DRAMA involved for whatever reason... and god, from 2013-17 it felt like there was drama in almost every bigger tournament.

Neither of the 2 points apply to the current tourney, and the twitch + youtube viewcounts and interactions have been great so far... so I guess it's a good thing?
15 Nov 2019, 14:45 PM

Permanently Banned
I feel like the tournament would be much more exciting for me personally, if the best player in the world Talisman played in it. :(
15 Nov 2019, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 13:28 PMSmartie

Here’s an example of how mid level players can discuss things in an appropriate manner: “I think Pgrens are very strong and oppressive to play against, so I think their power level should be adjusted”.

Here’s how mid level players actually discuss balance:

Thread title: “AXIS BROKEN OP INFANTRY PLZ NERF DISCUSSION”
Thread text: There is no doubt about how broken Ostheer is and the balance team has proven time and time again how incompetent they are. Ostheer has the best MG in the game and the best infantry in the game. They can have one, but not the other!
15 Nov 2019, 14:53 PM

I feel like the tournament would be much more exciting for me personally, if the best player in the world KimboGod played in it. :(

Fixed
A_E
15 Nov 2019, 15:01 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Fixed

Hmm how about???

I feel like the tournament would be much more exciting for me personally, if allegedly the best player in the world KimboGod didn't play on other people's accounts in small community events in the build up to large cash tournaments forcing the Developer to ban him. :(

Fixed now fixed!

Nord VPN UP pls buff. :banana:
15 Nov 2019, 15:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Lmao what :D , I'm like over top 30 what you mean
15 Nov 2019, 15:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 15:01 PMA_E

Hmm how about???

Fixed now fixed!

Nord VPN UP pls buff. :banana:

Well I meant it as “don’t be stupid, everyone wants to see you compete, get your mind right and act appropriately”.
15 Nov 2019, 15:45 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Looks like there are only replay files for the round-robin part for Luvnest's group, 8 replays in total. Then again I'm terribad with discord, so I might be looking in the wrong place...

you are not^^.

But replays are hidden and only view able atm for players.
I can give you a role permission to see it.
Pls tag me in disord, so i know how you are there.

About the other stuffs:

Well yes in coh2 always only the player gets pricepool and money.
Yes caster gets some love / thank because right direct, when they cast and stream on their own channels /( youtube.

Admins, refeeres, mapmaker are always in the background in this cases, sadly.

And about discuss yes no big drama this cup :) Because all stuff got sorted out before or in the cup, but viewers did not know about it. So its friendly and easy for them.

Also no real op balance problem, that Relic needed to patch while a cup is going on.

15 Nov 2019, 17:11 PM

I enjoy the hell out of your casts, and the tournament has been super fun to watch

Idk what there is to discuss on the forum. Makes plenty of sense to me that people just talk on the same site that they're watching on (youtube for me)
15 Nov 2019, 17:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 11:47 AMA_E

No. I see plenty of balance discussion in the forums, but discussion of the competition, the players, the matches, the strategies, and the matchups to come.... none. Tbh it's been like this for years.

I might be wrong but to me it felt like in recent years there was a lot forum discussion about a tourney going on only if 1) the balance seemed to be completely broken or 2) there was some sort of DRAMA involved for whatever reason... and god, from 2013-17 it felt like there was drama in almost every bigger tournament.

Neither of the 2 points apply to the current tourney, and the twitch + youtube viewcounts and interactions have been great so far... so I guess it's a good thing?

Aerafield is correct.

Unfortunately, the forums is like democracy.
"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter"

Unfortunately, there's something called talent bleeding. @AE you can take a look at staff members at the entrance hall section and see how many strategist we had and who they were through history.
More often than not, people who shared valuable posts had pass through the staff. The exceptions are quite few. Lot of people are far gone.

Analysing and discussing in detail the tournament requires knowledge, time and dedication (i generally don't watch them live and play the catch up game through weeks after it finished, i would check a specific game if it's brought up).
You could had a well structure post just for it to be drown by the usual biased players who wants to push their agenda.
15 Nov 2019, 17:30 PM

I don't think CoH2 is a game where you can have a lot of discussions outside of balance topics. There isn't a lot of depth in terms of build orders and strategies. Units are all relatively low-impact and you can't really ever go wrong with normal build orders. Instead, games are mostly decided by micro and on-the-fly tactical decisions. A lot of games are won or lost by simply by one player out-playing the opponent, rather than one player having a superior strategy over the other. This is of course fine, and it is not a criticism of CoH2, but it just means that there is often not much to discuss.

Compare this to say, Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty (I don't know how much has changed since then..), where there is less constant action. In that game, it's way more about strategy - build orders and timings are worked out to a tee, games can be won or lost incredibly fast with sneaky build orders and cheeses, and failing to scout or counter specific units in your opponents build will get your army destroyed in seconds. This type of game lends itself much better for discussions.

15 Nov 2019, 18:05 PM

I feel this forum isn't the best for having in depth strategy discussions, as you will get troll swamped and fanboy swamped very fast. I mean, the CoH subreddit is a far better spot for more quality discussions somehow. I see more reasoned conversations there about many different subjects CoH related than here.

But I have to say, I love the streams and I love the YouTube vids. The engagement there is off the charts and it is amazing to see it that way! I mean regular 1000+ views on the main stream and more than 500-600 viewers combined on the other streams handling different game series is amazing! Not to mention the Korean streams! You guys have done something amazing and it would not have been possible without the hard work on all the previous streams and tourneys. I love it and thank you!
15 Nov 2019, 18:18 PM

A few things.

A) Thanks to all involved for this tourney!!! Cheers

B) I cant believe how little love Noggano is getting in the voting so far.

C) The early rounds of this tourney were over so fast and were casted on several channels. The fun of these games is seeing them live. Which was not possible because there were too many games. Having one central channel that casts the games really helps the hype. Watching replays is like watching a video taken of a party you could not attend. You get the highlights but none of the emotional connection to what is happening in real time.

D) This topic is already off the rails talking about stuff not related to the tourney :P
15 Nov 2019, 18:41 PM

Unlike Many tourney's run through coh2.org we don't have a sticky on the frontpage or a news announcement :guyokay: I feel like there has not been a central location to discuss said tourney like a grand hall place ect. and that has decentralized the conversation for at least this forum. I do find it alot easier to discuss the actual gameplay on twitch through with people viewing it at the same time. It's a bit easier to communicate in that regard.

I think that's a good assessment. It's honestly hard to talk about for example the exact spot where somebody positions a mine and how they set up their units to scout before placing it ect. without having a visual reference. But these are the things that win games so much more than any generalized build order

Also Go Noganno, he memes the hardest and camps the least :thumbsup: But I also like luvnest hes a wonderful gentleman :luvArmy:

:romeoHype::romeoHype::romeoHype:
15 Nov 2019, 19:30 PM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 11:47 AMA_E

No. I see plenty of balance discussion in the forums, but discussion of the competition, the players, the matches, the strategies, and the matchups to come.... none. Tbh it's been like this for years.

A_E, we love your casting so much that we decided to rent this house for the weekend.

Starting tomorrow morning we will be there until Sunday do watch, discuss, swear, rage, eat, and love COH :-)
Thank you a LOT LOT LOT for casting.

yours,
7 fanboys being allowed by their mothers and wifes to leave home for the weekend
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★