Dismiss button

Do we need "Dismiss" button?
Option Distribution Votes
92%
8%
Total votes: 13
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 Oct 2019, 19:42 PM

Sometimes you have situations when you need free your pop-cap or reinforce team weapon that was been captured by elite infantry. In first case you send your troops to die on frontline, while with 2-nd case you need pay much more MP to reinforcing. Why not add for each infantry unit and team weapon button "Dismiss"? If it was hitted, crew abandon team weapon and will go off from map, the same will do infantry squad. Infantry squad could leave their weapon on base sector (if it was captured in battle or if it upgrade like Bar or Mg-42).
I also think about small amount of MP reward, like 50% of reinforce cost for each soldier of team weapon or squad. Example: cons have 20MP reinforce cost, if you dismiss the whole squad you will got 60 MP back, 10MP for each soldier and 8MP if they have 7-th man upgrade. It could bring some tactics solutions in game, when you could sacrifice squad to get advantage in near future. For such objects like howitzers it could work like brits ability with dismissed mortar pits, when you tottaly lose object. To not abuse this ability, when you build howi than dissmis it, build new one and than reinforce all of them and get over popcap.
Dismiss will look better than intentional killing of your squad.
30 Oct 2019, 20:10 PM

This ability was in the campaign and I lacked such mechanics in multiplayer.
30 Oct 2019, 20:32 PM

Also ability should have some timer to get player to cancel his choice and prevent abuse when you dismiss your squad near to enemy to save few MP.
30 Oct 2019, 20:42 PM

This would be a nice QOL improvement. Balance could be impacted by any refunds for normal squads, but Having units walk off the map just like with withdraw and refit form the old mechanized company would be quite nice.

Mabye with howitzers a refund like the Pak43 could be okay.
30 Oct 2019, 21:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Dismiss without refund is a simple yes.

Dismiss implemented in any other way is a no-no at this point IMO.
30 Oct 2019, 21:58 PM

So one can spam "trash" units and then replace them with elites...
No I don think that is a good idea.
Or that I can replace all weapon crews with better entities, no again not a good idea.

This is a good idea only for USF vehicle crews. Then one could actually increase their Pop.
30 Oct 2019, 22:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 21:58 PMVipper
So one can spam "trash" units and then replace them with elites...
No I don think that is a good idea.
Or that I can replace all weapon crews with better entities, no again not a good idea.

This is a good idea only for USF vehicle crews. Then one could actually increase their Pop.

Even with the "refund" suggested by OP, replacing your mainlines with elites wouldn't really be viable; you're still going to lose 75% of the MP, and 100% of the vet when dismissing. With that said, I do see some problems with the whole "leave behind pickups" thing; It would allow for (somewhat expensive) pickup transferring, and the very cheap (or possibly free?) upgrading of weapon crews as you said. The only way I would support this, is if dismissing took the weapons (pickups or crewed) as well as the models, with the only refund being in MP.

30 Oct 2019, 23:39 PM

Dismiss without refund is a simple yes.

Dismiss implemented in any other way is a no-no at this point IMO.

Fully agree, Dismiss should not refund anything, the sole purpose should be to free up popcap.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★