Login

russian armor

Remove HMG death loop

13 Oct 2019, 00:01 AM

I get an behind a MG42 and light it up, the Axis player smashes the "T" hotkey, his MG gets away with 1 model. 2 Grens get behind my 50.cal, I press "T". My full health 50. then loses 1 man, the gunner. The entire team is now stuck in the middle of a field doing a retarded slow walk to pick it up. They all die and now the Axis guy has even more MG's. So my idea is this, remove the HMG death loop or give the Axis MG's a death loop. I know its hard to believe but the Axis did not posses teleportation technology in WW2.
13 Oct 2019, 00:09 AM
Donator 11

If it were easy to fix the deathloop inconsistencies of the different HMGs it would have been done already
13 Oct 2019, 00:13 AM

If it were easy to fix the deathloop inconsistencies of the different HMGs it would have been done already

Easy or hard to fix, its still a problem and very rage inducing to watch Han's trusty 42 find its way back to him while my entire team gets wiped by 1 death.
13 Oct 2019, 01:12 AM
Donator 11

It will never be a possible if I recall correctly.
13 Oct 2019, 01:14 AM

All MGs can deathloop. If you put them in cover they'll group up closer to the MG so they don't have to walk as far.
13 Oct 2019, 01:15 AM

Dude both relic and the mod team are incapable of fixxing it, u are welcome to take mods tolls and try urself
13 Oct 2019, 01:16 AM

Just teleport weapon model to infantry model, like pshrek teleports between models when they dying? I think it's 'working as intended' not 'imposibru tu fiks' despite whoever says.
13 Oct 2019, 01:40 AM

The Maxim, DShK, and M2 are all coded as crew weapons similar to an Anti-Tank Gun. It is a physical component that remains on the ground and cannot be teleported.

From observation of how the guns are animated it seems like the MG 42, MG 34, and Vickers use several different states to function. When carried they seem to act as a "Weapon" which can be teleported between models, when deployed it becomes a physical object.
13 Oct 2019, 01:41 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 01:16 AMHater
Just teleport weapon model to infantry model, like pshrek teleports between models when they dying? I think it's 'working as intended' not 'imposibru tu fiks' despite whoever says.

Armchair developers 101.

Just copy paste, the code. It should work.

It couldn't be fixed 5 years ago, it couldn't be fixed when community was involved and it won't be fixed in the current game.

All MGs can deathloop. If you put them in cover they'll group up closer to the MG so they don't have to walk as far.

Nope, he is talking about how Axis MG teleport the weapon when the gunner dies on retreat.
13 Oct 2019, 03:49 AM

Nope, he is talking about how Axis MG teleport the weapon when the gunner dies on retreat.

Ah. Not something I've ever really noticed once the team gets moving.

I'm guessing it's not possible to transfer any damage on the gunner to the remaining squad members?
13 Oct 2019, 18:00 PM

Armchair developers 101.

Just copy paste, the code. It should work.

Then why no deathloop for HMG42? I think there are things you can't fix with mod tools without access to source code.
13 Oct 2019, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 18:00 PMHater

Then why no deathloop for HMG42?

Because its axis ofcourse, thats why ;)

No all jokes aside, why break a unit that is fine, just because the other side has an issue they cant fix?
13 Oct 2019, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 18:00 PMHater

Then why no deathloop for HMG42? I think there are things you can't fix with mod tools without access to source code.

Because it works significantly different?

You may have not noticed, but maxim isn't being picked and carried over the shoulder.
13 Oct 2019, 18:27 PM

It can't be fixed. You think they just leave it in the game for 5 years for fun lol?
13 Oct 2019, 22:41 PM

You could just give the hmg gunner for maxims/50s extremely low priority soo they arent shot first

Of course explosives can still loop you but its far less likely to be looped than before
13 Oct 2019, 22:56 PM

Because it works significantly different?

So the reason it can't be fixed is just model and animation?
13 Oct 2019, 23:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 22:56 PMHater
So the reason it can't be fixed is just model and animation?

Model (the gun), Animation (picking up the gun), and Code (how it all functions).

It's like a one-man anti-tank gun, if the guy moving it dies, another has to grab it. The other guns don't have that problem because they pack up, and once packed they cease to be a physical object and instead become a carried object. The Maxim, DShK, and M2 all remain physical objects.

The only one I don't understand is the M2, because even though it's animated as being carried, it remains a physical object.
14 Oct 2019, 00:20 AM

The other guns don't have that problem because they pack up

Pack up anything and everything? Never, our game is ASSymetrical™. Another option is not teleporting the weapon to the model but vise versa - just skip the animation of unit moving to carry it (ofc just on retreat). Should look clumsy but in the game where units used to 'dance' near the building entrances it's forgivable. Another thing proposed above - transfer damage to different model (or if not possible - divide it among all models).

OK, I finish with my explanations. You say it's BS and won't work because everybody says it can't be fixed. So be it. My BS is just theoretical though.
14 Oct 2019, 01:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 01:16 AMHater

RELIC DOEN’T HAVE AN INCENTIVE TO FIX IT

THE COMMUNITY MOD TEAM DOENT HAVE THE TOOLS TO FIX IT

therefore it will never get fixed
14 Oct 2019, 13:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Oct 2019, 22:41 PMgbem
You could just give the hmg gunner for maxims/50s extremely low priority soo they arent shot first

Of course explosives can still loop you but its far less likely to be looped than before

Last man dead
Developer Comments: Team weapon gunners will have the lowest priority to get targeted. Players can still attack the gunner first if they manually target that entity but automatically they will always target the gunner last. We are hoping this will help with the death loops where weapon teams constantly try to man their team weapons as they retreat.

Team weapon gunners target priority lowered
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS