Login

russian armor

Penals Redesign

11 Oct 2019, 01:12 AM

try using the 7 men upgrade

Make it T0 and I will...
11 Oct 2019, 01:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Oct 2019, 07:20 AMKatitof

(psst, lil secret for you: grens are super cheap as well and 4 cons with AT nade upgrade cost considerably more then 4 grens to the point if that cost was rolled into the unit, it would have to roflstomp grens without issues to live up to that cost)

(psst2, lil secret 2: cons can't get 7th man and any weapon upgrade, because these are mutually exclusive)
pss little secret ost pay for tech in tree and gren are not tier 0

Psst 2 both gren and cons can't get 2 upgrades
11 Oct 2019, 01:15 AM

Make it T0 and I will...
..... Yep tier 0
11 Oct 2019, 01:27 AM

Make it T0 and I will...

Won't that be a tiny bit OP?
11 Oct 2019, 01:39 AM

..... Yep tier 0

Well that's when you choose how to build your army, you can go Conscripts or Penals, and if you go Conscripts then you must supplement them with doctrine troops or PPSh. The 7th man is not an realistic strategy at the start of the game because you're still over ~150 fuel away from that.

Won't that be a tiny bit OP?

I'm sure it would be. It was also a non-serious low effort reply to a low effort post.
11 Oct 2019, 06:26 AM

pss little secret ost pay for tech in tree and gren are not tier 0

Psst 2 both gren and cons can't get 2 upgrades

You can use "grens are T1" argument, when cons will start with at least AT nades unlocked.
12 Oct 2019, 12:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Oct 2019, 11:55 AMMaret
Good day comrades!

Only one faction in COH2 have 2 stock mainline infantry units: Soviets. After WFA, nerf maxims and cons, we've got situation when SU to become playable faction got strong "WFA level" mainline infantry. And penals becomes this uhit. They are passed through many changes and tweaks. But now, i think, SU must get, like other nations, only 1 mainline infantry unit - cons. All possible soilutions about penals, IMHO, should get support from T1, not any sorts of mainline infantry.

I think there are few options:

1. Redesign penals
2. Replace penals by other unit

Redesign

Penals should, IMHO, become unit closer to Pgrens in terms of design (closer to support unit, not mainline infantry). Close combat upgrade and dedicated AT upgrade.

Starting as 4 mens with 2 ppsh and 2 svt, 280 MP. Could get next upgrades:
1. Close-combat package (60 muni): +1 ppsh and flamethrower with regular satchel, will get +1 man with SVT when T4 is deployed or Mobile Reserve purchased in T3, get molotovs from molotov upgrade.
2. AT-package (75 muni): get 3 PTRS rifles (1 ppsh is still remain), ability Like brit sniper have (shot to weak points), ability like guards have (bonus to sight and range, but becomes unmoved). Get at-satchel from At-nade upgrade. Will get +1 man with mosin when T4 is deployed or Mobile Reserve purchased in T3.

Replace

The most hardest way, in my opinion. If T1 don't have any "main" unit, it will become dead tech structure. Only fews will be build T1 to get sniper and M3.

Possible units:
1. Officer - strong unit, limited to 1 squad, cost 360 MP. 5 mens - 2 ppsh, 2 mosins and 1 nagan. With vet all squad get ppsh (officer still have nagan).
- Frag grenade
- "Commander spirit" - passive aura, decrease time of recharge abilities to units. CE build faster buildings and barbwire with mines.
- "Inspire" - work like the same ability fom kv-8
- "Coordinated barrage" - all zis-guns and su-76 start to barrage in choosed area.
- "Overwatch" - significantly decrease time of production and time of reinforce when activated in main base sector. Need some time to work on full speed.

=======================
No.
Soviets :
- Defensive Infantry : Conscripts (bolts)
- Offensive Infantry : Penals (SVT40)

Wehr :
- Grenadier (defensive) : Bolts+LMG
- PzGrenadier(Offensive): STG44
OKW:
- VolksGrenadier (5x bolts upgrades to STG44)
- Obersoldaten
USA :
- Riflemen (5 men semi but upgrade 2x LMG)
Brits:
- Infantry Section (4 men bolts upgrade to 5x men 2x LMG)

So, no. Soviets are not unique in having 2 levels of mainline infantry.

What you are suggesting if making all factions mirror-identical to each other :)
Just give each faction same commanders, same units, same vet, same abilities, with
just cosmetic differences.

Then will you will have what you desire!
Homogeouness! :)

12 Oct 2019, 20:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2019, 06:26 AMKatitof

You can use "grens are T1" argument, when cons will start with at least AT nades unlocked.

Nope, t1 needs to be build by an engineer and it is more expensive. the engineer will start capping later and an mg without an engineer is a stolen mg. Meanwhile you will have 2-3 cons running around and capping. I understand that gren should get merge and oorah, too (if such argument can't ber used in your opinion).
12 Oct 2019, 20:22 PM

Nope, t1 needs to be build by an engineer and it is more expensive. the engineer will start capping later and an mg without an engineer is a stolen mg. Meanwhile you will have 2-3 cons running around and capping. I understand that gren should get merge and oorah, too (if such argument can't ber used in your opinion).

80MP-10 fuel T1 that build very fast against 100MP 10 fuel AT-nade and 100MP 10 fuel molotovs. With OST T1 you got nade and faust. While for cons you nedd spend 200MP-20 fuel to take what you get for 80MP-10 fuel. ANd i don't consider time to make molotovs and AT_nades, this time much highe neither time to build T1.
12 Oct 2019, 20:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 20:22 PMMaret

80MP-10 fuel T1 that build very fast against 100MP 10 fuel AT-nade and 100MP 10 fuel molotovs. With OST T1 you got nade and faust. While for cons you nedd spend 200MP-20 fuel to take what you get for 80MP-10 fuel. ANd i don't consider time to make molotovs and AT_nades, this time much highe neither time to build T1.

Sorry my bad.

Still you get merge, 6 men, and hoorah from t0.

But it should be cheaper imo I guess. 50 manpower or sth like that.
12 Oct 2019, 20:47 PM

Sorry my bad.

Still you get merge, 6 men, and hoorah from t0.

But it should be cheaper imo I guess. 50 manpower or sth like that.

And you get squad that actually can fight before T3.
Also, are you even aware that ost got bonus menpower over soviets at start?
12 Oct 2019, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 20:47 PMKatitof

And you get squad that actually can fight before T3.
Also, are you even aware that ost got bonus menpower over soviets at start?

Yep, I just stopped playing conscripts a while ago. Maybe one squad max. But yeah ost got some discounts.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★