Login

russian armor

I know why MG42 is underperforming much

4 Oct 2019, 02:38 AM

Probably applies to mg34 and vickers.
But i tests mostly mg42 in cheatmod. The problem with mg42 seems to hit the ground more often than maxim and 50cal! Reminds me of old ostwind!

Besides the inaccuracy, the pio support crew sucks most against 5 men mosin or the more deadly garand, in damaging models

Every direct engagement between mg42 vs maxim or 50cal, alllies mgs win with 3-4 men left!

Between mg42 and Vickers is close but the IS Enfield crew helps to edge it

i also noticed mg42 has weird bursts, it can shoot for sometime and than pause of a long period. While maxim and 50cal fire more consistently timed burst.

This makes recovery from pin or movements about easier from mg42 cone. So it has wider cone but less effective against multiple squad
4 Oct 2019, 03:28 AM

The only problem with the MG42 is that it sometimes completely refuses to fire when a unit is at the edge of the arc.
4 Oct 2019, 04:57 AM

MG shooting ground is just visual, it's actually shooting at the infantry. Also, every single starting weapon crew has garbage weapons that can't damage anything, it's not limited to MG42, the only thing bad about MG42 is just that it sometimes refuses to shoot(but this probably happens to any MG, you just see it more with 42 because it's used more)
4 Oct 2019, 05:32 AM

The bullet effects hitting the ground have no effect on small arms weapons, not to mention every shot fired is counted as suppression even if it misses.

The weapons used by crew members deal such low damage that they are really not a consideration. They generally deal 1/3 the damage per second of a regular weapon of that type. Crew Mosin is 1/3 the damage of a Conscript, Crew Enfield is 1/3 the damage of a Tommy, Crew MP 40 is 1/3 the damage of an Assault Grenadier. Combine that with the fact that they are usually smaller squads and part of that squad is manning a crew served weapon, and the damage output from these is negligible.

For comparison, the DPS of an M1 Garand crew weapon you are so afraid of is roughly equal to a single Osttruppen soldier. Also for the record, within 10 meters (about 1/3.5 a squad's vision) the MP 40 is the strongest crew weapon, doing a whopping ~3 damage per second, 1/2 the DPS of a Grenadier at point-blank, or 2/3 the DPS of a Grenadier at 10 meters.
4 Oct 2019, 06:42 AM

Thanks for all info

Though going head to head, maxim and 50cal do kill mg42 faster, all the time, in my testing at least
4 Oct 2019, 07:25 AM

On a head to head the 42 beats the maxim and the 34... it also has the 2nd highest non doc suppression for an mg ingame... stop claiming that the 42 underperforms and stop trolling the forums
4 Oct 2019, 07:46 AM

The only problem with the MG42 is that it sometimes completely refuses to fire when a unit is at the edge of the arc.

Its not that, sometimes traverse animation doesn't seem to play, it moves to target, but you can't see it until it fires, that's what gives the feeling.
4 Oct 2019, 07:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2019, 07:25 AMgbem
On a head to head the 42 beats the maxim and the 34... it also has the 2nd highest non doc suppression for an mg ingame... stop claiming that the 42 underperforms and stop trolling the forums

That's not what i experience in cheat mod
In fact maxim survive with most health, units!
You can try yourself, i face the mgs 2 yellow lines apart and turn the allies mg into enemy.

Mg42 is definitely not as lethal as maxim and 50cal.

And that is besides the weird non firing lull.
4 Oct 2019, 07:57 AM

Maybe is my small sample testing, but my mg42 drops model faster to m1/mosin, than my mp40 crew killing allies support crew.
Hence why i say mg42 support crew is worse off. Obviously maxim have more support crew more dps.

Btw 50cal is so op in reposition timing. Best pack up and deploy times, best damage, has ap ability too. Imo best mg is usf mg. No way is mg42
4 Oct 2019, 08:54 AM

At what ranges? The maxim can barely shoot at the mg42 since it gets raped by suppression in a 1v1 vs the mg42... i know since i tested this is cheatmods some time ago
4 Oct 2019, 09:12 AM

Has anyone other than the OP thought the MG42 to be UP?
4 Oct 2019, 09:26 AM

Imo best mg is usf mg. No way is mg42

Pathetic
I feel sorry for u
4 Oct 2019, 09:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2019, 08:54 AMgbem
At what ranges? The maxim can barely shoot at the mg42 since it gets raped by suppression in a 1v1 vs the mg42... i know since i tested this is cheatmods some time ago

Like i said, 2 yellow lines apart in cheatmod tric map
No way, i totally disagree with your results.
Suppression done both sides or not. Maxim always win at vet0. I haven't test at vet3, but i guess results will be same
4 Oct 2019, 09:53 AM

Pathetic
I feel sorry for u

Why so?
For the properties i listed above, 50cal has turned into best mg.
4 Oct 2019, 10:43 AM

well ive conducted this test already distance 10 20 and 30... the maxim loses at all distances against the 42... the only situation where the 42 fared worse than the maxim was when both were behind sandbags...

also the real purpose of an mg isnt to shoot at other MGs but to suppress infantry... the reason why everyone is criticizing you and telling you to l2p is because you refuse to understand this...
4 Oct 2019, 10:50 AM

I even can't imagine situation when 2 mg will start fire to each other in close-mid distances. It's almost impossible. How it supposed to happen?
If one mg could walk in stealth and unpack in cone of fire of other mg, it could happen (but then question - why you need to unpack inside of enemy cone of fire).
Only if don't look on situation, when 2 stupid players use move and suddenly! in one time! saw enemy mg on moving nearby! 2 idiots meet each other.

4 Oct 2019, 10:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2019, 10:43 AMgbem
well ive conducted this test already distance 10 20 and 30... the maxim loses at all distances against the 42... the only situation where the 42 fared worse than the maxim was when both were behind sandbags...

also the real purpose of an mg isnt to shoot at other MGs but to suppress infantry... the reason why everyone is criticizing you and telling you to l2p is because you refuse to understand this...

^
Rarely ever will you use an MG against another MG comparing their suppression and killing power against each other is like comparing a blender and a microwave. Comparing how well they suppress their mainline infantry counterparts is a better way, so place rifleman, inf sec and conscripts at X distance against an MG42 and grens and volks against a maxim at the same distances.
4 Oct 2019, 11:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2019, 10:43 AMgbem

Sorry i totally disbelief you. I am sure my real tests is right. Maxim 50cal just kills mg42 head to head.

If you say such faceoff is unlikely in real game, i give you that. But im 100% behind my comments
4 Oct 2019, 11:46 AM

I actually use Maxim vs MG42 and make them duel ^_^ Maxim is the only thing that can fire back through suppression. If both MGs fire at each other and both are adequate in cover, Maxim should win, at least per my experience.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★