Login

russian armor

I know why MG42 is underperforming much

4 Oct 2019, 11:55 AM

Yes u are right, maxim wins quite comfortable. 50cal also win.
Sure unlikely real life match up. But goes to show allies mg are more deadly.
And suppression of blob without killing models make mg42 most susceptible to dps return fire, dropping models, switching gunner, and lots of tiny things make it UP.
4 Oct 2019, 12:00 PM

MG42 is great with it's wide arc and great suppression + vet1 is awesome both AI and light AT. MG42 is fine, it may lose duels with other MGs but it's not within its roles to win such duels. Leave MG42 alone, it's especially good in teamgames when you can lock significant part of the map and smoke or indirect fire are obilgatory as you can't flank some MGs in their chokepoints.
4 Oct 2019, 12:05 PM

WTF is this thread ...
4 Oct 2019, 12:30 PM

You people do realize that putting HMGs against each other and trying to claim one is better then other is as brilliant as putting ATGs against each other and claiming the one to kill the other is better......
4 Oct 2019, 12:42 PM

You people do realize that putting HMGs against each other and trying to claim one is better then other is as brilliant as putting ATGs against each other and claiming the one to kill the other is better......

That's why I crew dropped Paks with Panzergrenadiers if I go Osttruppen doctrine, makes me win any AT gun vs AT gun engagement.
4 Oct 2019, 12:43 PM

MG42 is great with it's wide arc and great suppression + vet1 is awesome both AI and light AT. MG42 is fine, it may lose duels with other MGs but it's not within its roles to win such duels. Leave MG42 alone, it's especially good in teamgames when you can lock significant part of the map and smoke or indirect fire are obilgatory as you can't flank some MGs in their chokepoints.

I agree but only starting vet0. Once allies infantry start scaling up with more man, more weapons, more reload, more ra and such. Mg42 shortfall i listed start manifesting more than allies, most needed by wehr faction
4 Oct 2019, 12:45 PM

Sorry dont sound like a good analogy. Mg vs mg still infantry based

4 Oct 2019, 12:48 PM

If your criterion for a good HMG is how well it kills HMGs, then the best HMG is a mortar.
4 Oct 2019, 12:53 PM

That's why I crew dropped Paks with Panzergrenadiers if I go Osttruppen doctrine, makes me win any AT gun vs AT gun engagement.

I actually assaulted and killed an MG34 frontally with 2 raketens that I recrewed with my Penals. Suppression immunity :thumb:
4 Oct 2019, 12:58 PM

mrgame2 this thread is just soo retarded and you have not only resisted all counterarguments in favour of your delusion by cherrypicking data... but you have also consistently proven yourself to be a horrible player...

it would be best if you either stop pestering the forums with your incessant nagging for MG42 buffs or you drop your playercard here and now to stop this pointless discussion..
4 Oct 2019, 13:15 PM

Sorry dont sound like a good analogy. Mg vs mg still infantry based

And ATGs are operated by what? Hitler bots?
4 Oct 2019, 13:45 PM

And ATGs are operated by what? Hitler bots?

More salt please, just warmed up my popcorn :)
4 Oct 2019, 14:25 PM

For OP's next level of brilliance, he should test the USF ambulance against the new OKW ambulance. He could make a big circle and have a demolition derby in it. I'm betting the OKW one would win because it looks to be sturdier and faster. USF has the OP crew ability so it might be close. Maybe the ambulance should have bazookas?...
4 Oct 2019, 14:27 PM

This guy has to be trolling. Mg42 is the best MG in the game, enough nonsense
4 Oct 2019, 15:18 PM

I don't think he is trolling, he just has no idea what he is talking about and is incredibly axis biased
4 Oct 2019, 15:35 PM

Let us put it this way. You play against soviets, and they pick up or have one of the following:

6 men maxim = yeah alright fine

6 men 50.cal = yeah alright, that is pretty harsh

6 men vickers = yeah alright, it could be worse though

6 men mg32 = yeah alright whatever

6 men mg42 = fuck me that is a nightmare.

This is the same for a 6 men pak 40, a complete nightmare. The MG42 is amazing.
4 Oct 2019, 16:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Oct 2019, 12:05 PMJilet
WTF is this thread ...

A person trying to convince himself and all of us every ost unit sucks.

I'll also note in a straight 1v1 the vickers is really good because of its high damage. Does that make it a good mg? Not really.
4 Oct 2019, 17:00 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The Ostheer crew members have actually fairly decent close range dps, the best of any team weapon by far. With all 3 men firing they manage to have about 10 dps out to 10 range. The USF weapon crews also manage to eek out a respectable 7.5 dps, with a little more useful dps at longer ranges. The other faction crew weapons are pretty much garbage and can be 100% ignored.

This pretty much means if you are trying to kill a full health mg42 or a USF 50 cal with a 1-2 model squad in close range you're gonna have a bad time.

4 Oct 2019, 18:22 PM

Maybe is my small sample testing, but my mg42 drops model faster to m1/mosin, than my mp40 crew killing allies support crew.
Hence why i say mg42 support crew is worse off. Obviously maxim have more support crew more dps.

Btw 50cal is so op in reposition timing. Best pack up and deploy times, best damage, has ap ability too. Imo best mg is usf mg. No way is mg42

It's all true - mg42 is only better at suppresing large groups from my experience - don't feel bad about what you saw. All allies mgs are better in 1v1 against 4 man squads than mg42 is against 5,6 or 7 man squads. People evaluating mgs often forget that their mgs are used against 4 man squads and mg42 shoots at bigger squads.

Another reason why allied mgs are better in 1v1 is that they pin a tiny bit more slowly. Pinning enemy quickly makes the pinned unit take less damge. So when an mg42 quickly pins a squad, such squad has lost less health and can stay under fire relativeluy long. Because these squads are 5,6 or seven models, it means that they have more health, which makes it possible for them to stay under fire longer (in coh2 each model has exactly the same amount of health irrespective if it is 4,5,6 or 7 man squad). They way damage is distributed when under mg fire also helps as damage is more or less evenly distributed for each model. This means that you will more likely lose health than models, which means you won't bleed much manpower staying pinned for relatively long. When retreating after relatively long period you are likely to need healing more than reinforcing. Since healing is free you won't lose much even when you have stayed under mg42 fire for quite long (enough to flank it etc.)

Allied mgs, however, pin units more slowly so they deal quite a lot of damge to them before the unit gets pinned and that's why allied mgs often manage to kill a model on an ostheer squad before pinning it. The fact that ostheer infantry is mostly 4 models means that it has less health. Less health means that the unit will stay under mg fire for a shorter period of time. Both dealing more damage before pinning the squad and the fact that ostheer squads are 4 man means that allied mgs are better. Allied mgs force ostheer squads to retreat much more quickly from their arc than mg42 makes allied infanty retreat from its arc. Also as ost you are way more likely to lose manpower (models) attacked by allied mg while mg42 will mostly drain health from allied squads.
4 Oct 2019, 18:26 PM

I saw a guy Recrew maxim by shocktroop before, OP af, LOL. He can event toss grenade out of that maxim :v
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★