Login

russian armor

Kv2 Underperforming?

27 Sep 2019, 18:54 PM

Hello all ive been using the kv2 unit lately in 2v2 3v3 and 4v4 and it seems like its very risky to use in most situations its in. the reason for that is the KV2 has to deploy AND redeploy. and its a very long time at that. other units and heavies like elephant brumbar do amazing at both dealing damage and staying alive becuz they dont need to deploy/redeploy. The KV2 dont have the HP,Range,speed nor armor to have to deploy and redeploy and i think it should be removed, or if not removed, add more range to the shots to the kv2s, so its not in the same range as heavy pak or ele jt ect and able to have time to redploy. kv2 cant escape call ins and charge atacks at all and dont really deflect shots, or move fast to give u a chance of escape. kv2 shoots way to slow when its mobile and dont have enough penetration to fend off panthers while its trying to retreat after half its health probably got removed while redeploying.the kv2 cant move/function shoot while redeploying. kv2 needs a change what u guys think
27 Sep 2019, 19:01 PM

...what u guys think

I think you don't know how to use a KV-2.
27 Sep 2019, 19:09 PM

i play at a high lvl im sure i know how to use them try to hide it, use behind your army, behind walls. protect points when needed. been using this unit for years
27 Sep 2019, 19:09 PM

Don't use the siege mode and instead use it like a regular tank. It's not bad at all just hard to make it work due to the usual Panthers, Elefants and Tigers that render it useless.
27 Sep 2019, 19:12 PM

Don't use the siege mode and instead use it like a regular tank. It's not bad at all just hard to make it work due to the usual Panthers, Elefants and Tigers that render it useless.

yea you could use it as a regular tank which is needed sometimes. but shells take what? 9 to 11 secsonds still since that old ass update? i cant remember it seems remarkably long still to shoot while mobile
27 Sep 2019, 19:12 PM

The Is2 definitely seems better even though they are of equal cost.
The rate of fire, mobility and armor and penetration give that unit an advantage. Deflection and main gun damage are good, but vs infantry the ROF on IS2 is better as is it's armor and mobility vs tanks.

The Siege mode does not seem very useful most of the time as it presents the teardown liability.

It's not a bad tank, but a slight price decrease, or an improvement on reload with veterancy might help make it more attractive.
27 Sep 2019, 19:15 PM

The Is2 definitely seems better even though they are of equal cost.
The rate of fire, mobility and armor and penetration give that unit an advantage. Deflection and main gun damage are good, but vs infantry the ROF on IS2 is better as is it's armor and mobility vs tanks.

The Siege mode does not seem very useful most of the time as it presents the teardown liability.

It's not a bad tank, but a slight price decrease, or an improvement on reload with veterancy might help make it more attractive.

Yes siege mode sucks exactly becuz the teardown time. it should have longer range and faster shells or more armor/hp with that kind of cooldown. i think if cooldown was removed it will actually give this unit somoe kind of use
27 Sep 2019, 19:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

IMO Siege Mode should be used only after veterancy 2. Untill this moment, the best option - use it as breakthrow tank. In that role, it's one of the best heavy tank atm.
Also, reload time in and out of siege mode is 99% the same after december changes. So the only advantage in siege mode - range.
27 Sep 2019, 19:25 PM

KV-2 was never as good as it is now.
It can fight meds, any infantry that stays for 2nd shot is dead and it doesn't die to germans yelling TANK hard enough.

That being said, I use it as normal tank, using sige mode only when I have to.
27 Sep 2019, 19:26 PM

IMO Siege Mode should be used only after veterancy 2. Untill this moment, the best option - use it as breakthrow tank. In that role, it's one of the best heavy tank atm.
Also, reload time in and out of siege mode is 99% the same after december changes. So the only advantage in siege mode - range.

i thought the reload was longer thanks for updating me. but its still very squishy for being a heavy tank. as expensive as it is too.
27 Sep 2019, 20:19 PM

i thought the reload was longer thanks for updating me. but its still very squishy for being a heavy tank. as expensive as it is too.

That's what makes it questionable in 2v2+ because every long game is always going to end up with either several Panthers or Ele, Tiger, KT etc.

Considering the KV2 costs as much as Tiger, IS2 and Pershing I don't think it's the best option for 90% of games because once enemy has a lot of AT you will just end up repairing all the time or losing it by getting dived. IS2 is just so much better with it's armor and anti-everything main gun.
27 Sep 2019, 20:21 PM

KV2 is not quite as attractive choice as IS2, KV8 or ISU152. Reload takes long and scatter is subpar with moderate penetration. It's better than T34 but for this price one would expect something more powerful.
27 Sep 2019, 22:33 PM

KV-2 is for the most part fine and any changes really should just be slight tweaks. If it gets a cost reduction I'd say 10 fuel at most... if even that...

It's a heavy tank that can effectively engage(though not always best) any target barring the super heavy tank destroyers and sports decent siege capability with vet.
27 Sep 2019, 23:18 PM

KV-2 in siege MOD need to minimum range reduce or removed there is little indication for user to understand that a target has move with in minimum range.

The unit on the other hand get very strong vet bonuses.
27 Sep 2019, 23:31 PM

try use siege behind shoot blocker like fallen houses, it has parabolic trajectory

why do u think thy put it in urban assault ?
28 Sep 2019, 00:55 AM

Personal think that it's veterancy could just do with a shack up.

Vet 1 is nice,

Vet 2 gives you more range (same as every other heavy tank) non-seige and off seige mode. Also 50% turret rotation

Vet 3 gives more health (+160) better acceleration and for some reason another 30% turret rotation.

Really its vet isn't that good and the extra rotation is kind of pointless after vet 2. Seige mode reload bonus was neft in favour to make non-seige mode more attractive but the veterancy dosnt really support that (or iver mode).

Compare it's vet to the ISU and IS2.I think it's vet isn't good enough.

Edit: forgot to mention the extra health replaced the speed bonus at vet 3(Also sorry for all the auto corrects on my phone :)
28 Sep 2019, 01:34 AM

What?? The KV2 is amazing in siege mode when paired with a sniper... this seems like a l2p issue
28 Sep 2019, 02:11 AM

Kv2 is a really good tank imo. It has very good ai capability and is also good vs some tanks. Id consider it too strong rather than too weak
28 Sep 2019, 03:01 AM

Kv2 is a really good tank imo. It has very good ai capability and is also good vs some tanks. Id consider it too strong rather than too weak

Its only strong in the right hands though... a T2 build wont benefit much from a KV2... but a T1 build... especially when paired with a sniper and shocks (T1/urban defense) is extremely powerful with the kv2... second only to for mother russia + penals
28 Sep 2019, 04:11 AM

Personal think that it's veterancy could just do with a shack up.

Vet 1 is nice,

Vet 2 gives you more range (same as every other heavy tank) non-drive and off seige mode. Also 50% turret rotation

Vet 3 gives more health (+160) better acceleration and for some reason another 30% rotation.

Really its vet isn't that good and the extra rotation is kind of pointless after vet 2. Seige mode reload bonus was neft in favour to make non-drive mode more attractive but the veterancy dosnt really support that (or iver mode).

Compare it's vet to the ISU and IS2. Gotten like is, I think it's vet isn't good enough.

I agree, I think a reload buff would do alot to make the unit scale better into the late game when other heavy units already start with much better ROF and the Kv2's slow projectile has a slightly increased propensity to miss.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★