Login

russian armor

50 cal - Why is it so good?

23 Sep 2019, 23:16 PM

off topic, but they absolutly CAN work as a support squad to make your heavy hitters preform better, but certainly not at the same price (or close) to the enemies *ahem* independent core infantry. at least once you get tanks on the field now after many minuets of being mowed down by enemy weapon upgrades cans can flip the bill and die more efficiently

Off topic as well, but I agree. I actually find myself enjoying the faction a tonne more, especially since they have snares and T2 means Zis gun so you don’t die to ostheer LVs.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 22:56 PMCODGUY

I'm far from an expert on the Soviets but I've always had pretty good luck with their Penals into Scout Car then Shocks build. The only problem I've run into with Soviets is their later armor is pretty terrible unless you go with some doctrinal vehicles. USF and UKF have much better late game armor.

I used to play T1 religiously in 1v1s. I actually got some great wins using Guard Motor to hold off LVs with Guards until I got T70 and SU76 to patch the line. Problem was no zis guns for long periods of time, as well as huge issues vs ostheer and okw who spammed team weapons. T2 start is way more balanced, while Guard Rifle Combined got a huge buff with CP2 assault package and KV1 buffs.
24 Sep 2019, 05:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Sep 2019, 22:56 PMCODGUY

I'm far from an expert on the Soviets but I've always had pretty good luck with their Penals into Scout Car then Shocks build. The only problem I've run into with Soviets is their later armor is pretty terrible unless you go with some doctrinal vehicles. USF and UKF have much better late game armor.

What? Soviet armor may seem weak at first but is extremely powerful in combined arms...

the su85 is qualitatively disadvantaged to the firefly or the jackson thanks to the lack of a turret and slow speed... soo its likely to get soloed by a medium if youre not careful... but is cheaper and has slightly higher dps low target size and it can self spot... not really strong as an independent TD but massively powerful when supported

The T34 is less durable and much less survivable individually than the equivalent alled or axis medium (no escape mechanisms 20 less armor)... but is significantly cheaper and spammable... it wont fare well alone... just like the SU85... an enemy medium can easily hand a T34-76 spam if not supported... but when paired with an su85 or a zis.. the setup becomes quite potent...
the only real lackluster thing about the T34 atm is ram which should do a guaranteed engine crit imo...

The T70 is also pretty much the best lightank ingame...

The only real lackluster vehicles in the soviet arsenal are the SU76 and the M5 halftrack... both should prolly be taken a look at
24 Sep 2019, 06:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 05:56 AMgbem

The T34 is less durable and much less survivable individually than the equivalent alled or axis medium (no escape mechanisms 20 less armor)... but is significantly cheaper and spammable...

For every 4 P4s, you can have 5 T34.
Not sure if I'd call that "spammable".
Also, what do soviets have to do with .50 cal? Oh yeah, the "crutch" thing.
24 Sep 2019, 06:43 AM

Spammable is not even a favorable quality when it comes to vehicles. If you sent 2 T-34's against an OKW Panzer IV and it destroys one and escapes with low health, you lost that engagement. He still has a Panzer IV, he can repair it for free, and you are down 100 fuel, and he is that much closer to his next Panzer.
24 Sep 2019, 06:50 AM

Hence a T34 spam can be handled by mediums efficiently... but when combined with an su85 it becomes quite lethal
24 Sep 2019, 09:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 06:50 AMgbem
Hence a T34 spam can be handled by mediums efficiently... but when combined with an su85 it becomes quite lethal

I've tried the t34/76 spam so many times for the luls but there really isn't any reason to do it. You just spend all your time trying to chase reversing panthers while your swarm is being winnowed down at 90 fuel a pop.

24 Sep 2019, 09:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 09:26 AMGrim

I've tried the t34/76 spam so many times for the luls but there really isn't any reason to do it. You just spend all your time trying to chase reversing panthers while your swarm is being winnowed down at 90 fuel a pop.

Ive had success with at least 2 to 3 T34s... i use them to delete infantry then ram the tiger/panther if it gets too cocky and finish it off with the SU85/ATgun/satchels
24 Sep 2019, 10:18 AM

Spammable is not even a favorable quality when it comes to vehicles. If you sent 2 T-34's against an OKW Panzer IV and it destroys one and escapes with low health, you lost that engagement. He still has a Panzer IV, he can repair it for free, and you are down 100 fuel, and he is that much closer to his next Panzer.

Maybe the problem is that you lost the engagement. Losing the engagement generally leads to negative results, perhaps? I mean, you have 2 medium tanks vs 1 of his and you're still losing the fight somehow.

It's like the USF players running across red cover vs sandbag Volks and constantly screaming about how OP Volks are.

24 Sep 2019, 10:28 AM

Maybe the problem is that you lost the engagement. Losing the engagement generally leads to negative results, perhaps? I mean, you have 2 medium tanks vs 1 of his and you're still losing the fight somehow.

It's like the USF players running across red cover vs sandbag Volks and constantly screaming about how OP Volks are.

I highly advise you to check OKW P4 stats and compare them to T34 stats.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why OKW P4 comes out on top.
24 Sep 2019, 11:07 AM

I just use T34s as antipersonell and flanking tools... i generally use SU85s and zis to keep them from closing in and if they decide to commit to an engagement then i generally make 1 T34 ram and let the rest surround the stricken vehicle...

If its a medium the SU85/zis can kill it no problem if it commits...

The real issue of sov here is the god awful midgame... the time between the LMG/stg to the T70/T34/7 man where you are absolutely at the mercy of the opponent... hence why the real way to fix the soviet crutch would simply be to buff the maxim...
24 Sep 2019, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Sep 2019, 10:28 AMKatitof

I highly advise you to check OKW P4 stats and compare them to T34 stats.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize why OKW P4 comes out on top.

I highly advise you to check the original poster's comment. 2 T34-76s shouldn't lose to an OKW P4 in any situation, even in a frontal max range stationary fight.

Of course we all know that the OKW P4 is individually superior. He was talking about 2 tanks vs 1 and still losing the engagement.
24 Sep 2019, 13:25 PM

I highly advise you to check the original poster's comment. 2 T34-76s shouldn't lose to an OKW P4 in any situation, even in a frontal max range stationary fight.

Of course we all know that the OKW P4 is individually superior. He was talking about 2 tanks vs 1 and still losing the engagement.

Cost and role-wise, they shouldn't.
But that engagement is decided by RNG that does not favor T34, especially vs OKW P4 at max range.
24 Sep 2019, 19:43 PM

It's a hypothetical meant to show off that quantity is not a stand-in for quality in CoH2. You losing a weak vehicle vs him having to repair his strong vehicle is not comparable. He will still have the strong vehicle, and you have one less weak vehicle. The low cost for low effectiveness is not desirable in CoH2, nothing is expendable in CoH2, every unit lost is an advantage to your enemy.
24 Sep 2019, 21:19 PM

It's a hypothetical meant to show off that quantity is not a stand-in for quality in CoH2. You losing a weak vehicle vs him having to repair his strong vehicle is not comparable. He will still have the strong vehicle, and you have one less weak vehicle. The low cost for low effectiveness is not desirable in CoH2, nothing is expendable in CoH2, every unit lost is an advantage to your enemy.

Then you add vet into the mix and it really starts to show how little place there is for 'disposable' units in this game.

Not that 76 vet is worth a damn anyway.
25 Sep 2019, 17:18 PM

While I definitely agree that "elite" units are far better because of the greatly reduced micro tax, your hypothetical was really too far-fetched. It's why Panthers are so good at pretty much every level of play. Point taken but a better example would be nice.

Losing a T34-76 to an OKW p4 when you have a 2 v 1 advantage requires really really bad micro or really bad RNG and really shouldn't be treated like it's the norm or a reasonable situation.

25 Sep 2019, 17:39 PM

While I definitely agree that "elite" units are far better because of the greatly reduced micro tax, your hypothetical was really too far-fetched. It's why Panthers are so good at pretty much every level of play. Point taken but a better example would be nice.

Losing a T34-76 to an OKW p4 when you have a 2 v 1 advantage requires really really bad micro or really bad RNG and really shouldn't be treated like it's the norm or a reasonable situation.

T34/76 has a 34% chance to pen a OKW P4 from max range. 55% chance it will score a natural hit. So that means the chance of getting a penetrating hit from max range are about 19%. Not sure if you can really say it's bad RNG IMO.

Meanwhile the OKW P4 pens the T34/76 at 73% even on max range. Given they have the same accuracy and target size you will end up hitting + penetrating at around 40%. So yeah, at least in this scenario it wouldn't be bad RNG to lose.
25 Sep 2019, 19:17 PM

T34/76 has a 34% chance to pen a OKW P4 from max range. 55% chance it will score a natural hit. So that means the chance of getting a penetrating hit from max range are about 19%. Not sure if you can really say it's bad RNG IMO.

Meanwhile the OKW P4 pens the T34/76 at 73% even on max range. Given they have the same accuracy and target size you will end up hitting + penetrating at around 40%. So yeah, at least in this scenario it wouldn't be bad RNG to lose.

the t34s also have double the rate of fire and health though, as well as the capacity to flank. its greater investment for sure but even despite that the 2 has the advantage over the 1 handily.
25 Sep 2019, 19:42 PM

Now it is silly
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 476
Netherlands 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %