Login

russian armor

Fallschirmjäger is very OP!

PAGES (25)down
12 Sep 2019, 17:23 PM

Price increase agreed since it is an elite unit. 340 should be minimum for strong doctrinal units.

Timing I disagree since they dont come with 4 FG42s and they get easily defeated by 2CP Shock Troops. Falls should still be 2CP.

Increasing muni price is a no no since they already have to wait and tech which is already a big long downside.

OKW muni costs upgrades are always generally too expensive. I never get a chance really in getting upgrades for Volks except mid or late game. It is fine as it is the munitions price imo.
well u could compare the 2 fg42 with 2 bren
12 Sep 2019, 17:24 PM

well u could compare the 2 fg42 with 2 bren

Actually that makes sense.
12 Sep 2019, 17:26 PM

I agree on the following
1. They vet very quickly
2. They are not very expensive for their new performance

I do not agree
They are too strong to be in the game as they are. I think they are one of the best infantry units, but that is fine if their cost and vet speed appropriately reflects that.

Observations: Personally I build like 3 in my first game this patch and got them all vet 5. How many other factions build say 3 shock troops, rangers, commandos, ect in the first 12 minutes? Let's fix this first.

Suggestions
1. Increase vet requirements
2. Increase manpower cost
3. Possibly increase FG42 Munitions cost, but its a munitions heavy doctrine so its not easy to get the 60 anyways when you want planes smoke, Valiant assault ect.

After this I think their performance should be monitored with new cost and vet requirements to see if additional changes are needed.

12 Sep 2019, 17:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2019, 16:03 PMAlphrum

i just tested para's vs falls, with vet0 and max vet, bh green cover, paras win every time

I find that hard to believe because in my tests the Falls won with 50% HP remaining several times. The only time it was even or Paras had a slight advantage was from vet 0-2. Maybe you forgot the 3rd and 4th FG?
12 Sep 2019, 17:29 PM

I agree on the following
1. They vet very quickly
2. They are not very expensive for their new performance

I do not agree
They are too strong to be in the game as they are. I think they are one of the best infantry units, but that is fine if their cost and vet speed appropriately reflects that.

Observations: Personally I build like 3 in my first game this patch and got them all vet 5. How many other factions build say 3 shock troops, rangers, commandos, ect in the first 12 minutes? Let's fix this first.

Suggestions
1. Increase vet requirements
2. Increase manpower cost
3. Possibly increase FG42 Munitions cost, but its a munitions heavy doctrine so its not easy to get the 60 anyways when you want planes smoke, Valiant assault ect.

Pretty much fair suggestions.

Falls are only good when they are Vet. So nerfing that would be a balanced change imo.

MP to 340 would be good since they are 4 man.

380 is straight dumb ridiculous.

Muni increase kinda. As long as it is around 80 and not 90.

12 Sep 2019, 17:30 PM

so 340 mp (20 less than airborne guards that come with infiltration, and para that can upgrade instantly)

and maybe increase price of the 2 fg42 to 80 mun ? (like 2 bren) or 70 as they come in bundle(most bundle upgrade are cheaper: shrecks,para lmg,3 dp guards, etc) ?

and a look to vet requirement
12 Sep 2019, 17:31 PM

so 340 mp (20 less than airborne guards that come with infiltration, and para that can upgrade instantly)

and maybe increase price of the 2 fg42 to 80 mun ? (like 2 bren) or 70 as they come in bundle(most bundle upgrade are cheaper: shrecks,para lmg,3 dp guards, etc) ?

and a look to vet requirement

Definitely
12 Sep 2019, 17:33 PM

i can't find any changes in their vet req tho in the pacth notes
12 Sep 2019, 17:34 PM

They are still quite vunerable to vehicles I think just like every other elite infantry. (Didn't they used to have a faust?)

They still have their fausts so no, they aren't vulnerable against vehicles like Rangers, Shocks, Obers and other anti-infantry focused elites.

Airborne Guards is 380MP, not 360.
12 Sep 2019, 17:37 PM

i can't find any changes in their vet req tho in the pacth notes

I think They last changed vet requirements when they reworked the luftwaffe doctrine in ~2017
12 Sep 2019, 17:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2019, 17:34 PMRaxzero

They still have their fausts so no, they aren't vulnerable against vehicles like Rangers, Shocks, Obers and other anti-infantry focused elites.

Airborne Guards is 380MP, not 360.
both commando, para and rangers can upgrade with anti tank tho (ranger and para get even better zook), and normal guards come with ptrs

my bad patch notes stated 360

Airborne Guards

Costs 360 manpower

not in game right now, point still stands for paratroopers or commando even, they cost 390 but come with reinforce glider and free recon pass
12 Sep 2019, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2019, 17:34 PMRaxzero

Just because they have a Faust doesn't mean they aren't vulnerable to vehicles and artillery. The chance to randomly OHK a 4 man squad is higher than OHK a 5 or 6 man squad.

12 Sep 2019, 17:43 PM

I'd agree they're a bit overtuned in their current state.
12 Sep 2019, 18:26 PM

You could increase the cost to 340-350, nerf Valiant assault sprint and see how it goes. If they want to nerf the damage instead, then 320 is okay.

First I think they should adress VA and FMR. Tho I like those abilities but combat sprint + accuracy bonus is a bit too strong
12 Sep 2019, 18:28 PM

Just because they have a Faust doesn't mean they aren't vulnerable to vehicles and artillery. The chance to randomly OHK a 4 man squad is higher than OHK a 5 or 6 man squad.

And the chance to do so is significantly lower at max range, which vehicles should maintain if they don't want to be snared.

Furthermore, Falls can camo-into-snare, which can be deadly against vehicles that were sent to clear them if there's AT nearby. Something other anti-infantry elites definitely can't do and they should retreat instead.
12 Sep 2019, 19:15 PM

I have a question. So Falls are supposed to be this fragile ambush unit that has a grenade, camo, first strike bonus and can upgrade to lmgs. Why then are they able to fire their lmg on the move, which turns them from a great ambush unit into a broken A-move unit? Also was this unit actually tested before the patch?

FG42s are automtic rifles, like the BAR. Actually theyre one of the most advanced weapons of WW2, and had virtually no recoil despite firing the powerful 7.92x57mm cartridge even in fully automatic from the standing posture. An inline stock and quality muzzle brake help with this.

The internals of the gun would go on toninlfuence the M16 and the M60 post-war. It was way ahead of its time for WW2, but very few were made and issued, and of course only to Fallschirmjager units.

Whats wierd is CoH lets you get 4 per squad, but CoH is worse for realism than that in many more ways.
12 Sep 2019, 19:52 PM

The vet0 Falls are fine for their price (320MP). They are basically grenadiers with 2 FG42.

Could we just tune their vets and cost of FG42 upgrade?
12 Sep 2019, 20:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Sep 2019, 10:25 AMKatitof

Guards confirmed to be non elites.

I know that was a jk but Guards are FAR from not-elite.
12 Sep 2019, 20:34 PM

IMO the current Falls are not that intimidating. Especially if you realise they have less DPS than a Gren-LMG squad without their upgrade.

-> But my request/suggestion would be making them into a OKW Stormtrooper/Commando squad with :

*Inc.Grenade.
*Smoke Grenade
*With Pre-Patch DPS
12 Sep 2019, 21:25 PM

What i dont get, why even touch fallshrims, they were perfectly fine before the patch.
PAGES (25)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS