Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger not reliable anymore?

Do you like the changes done to the Jagdtiger???
Option Distribution Votes
44%
56%
Total votes: 41
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Sep 2019, 03:31 AM

So, in this new september patch, i have noticed that a lot of changes have been done to the OKW, what is ok, i think, but there is one modification that i personally dont like and wanted to know what the community thought about it.

It is related to the jagdtiger being now an OKW version of the elefant, having its range reduced from 80 to 70 and its frontal armor reduced. The problem i find here is that its a very late game unit which its main characteristic being its long range, and now its probably better to just call 2 jagdpanzers instead.

Anyways, what do you think about this? Maybe now is possible to use this unit in 2v2s as its rotating speed has been increased?

11 Sep 2019, 04:20 AM

I prefer this new Jagdtiger, but I want to reduce its CP and tech requirements so it could come earlier to counter IS-2 and ISU 152.
11 Sep 2019, 06:09 AM

I prefer this new Jagdtiger, but I want to reduce its CP and tech requirements so it could come earlier to counter IS-2 and ISU 152.

+1 JT should have the same CP requirements like Elefant and ISU 152.
11 Sep 2019, 06:45 AM

ISU is the new (and old) king of the lategame callin. it snipe squads from range 70 and take out even mediums with this HE shells.

while have high armor and a relative "good" mobilty

combined with in stealt moving Zis guns (hello rakten you worst AT gun)...its bs
11 Sep 2019, 07:16 AM

What a big nerf to this unit! I got surprised.
Veterancy 5 added back to the unit as nerf? Joking? 1120 HP and less armor? Just bring the old JT back. New movement bonuses added and upgrade bonus only when out of combat
Just google for jagdtiger and get some information regarding its armor and its gun performance, which was a model to follow for years to design new armors. It may help you to understand how unique this TD was.
11 Sep 2019, 07:25 AM

I don't get these changes either. The JT as it is now is garbage apart from a select few maps where it can be ok. Just keep the range, armour and HP as it is but give it better accuracy and aim time. Right now it seems to miss way too many shots while also taking forever to aim. The barrage is close to useless too. Needs improving.
11 Sep 2019, 07:39 AM

What a big nerf to this unit! I got surprised.
Veterancy 5 added back to the unit as nerf? Joking? 1120 HP and less armor? Just bring the old JT back. New movement bonuses added and upgrade bonus only when out of combat
Just google for jagdtiger and get some information regarding its armor and its gun performance, which was a model to follow for years to design new armors. It may help you to understand how unique this TD was.

If 1120hp on the highest armored unit in the game with 70 range and new mobility buffs isn't enough for you idk what to tell you

Also while you are googling the Jagdtiger also Google the outcome of the war. Obviously you want realism over balance so next patch axis automatically loses at the end of the match. Cause realism for the flowers that don't realise its a game
11 Sep 2019, 07:53 AM

Jagdtiger is a victim without a whole army to support it.

with it it can be deleted by so many abilities from allies (get engine dmg and call in anti tank abiltys like planes or anti arty shell which drop about the half map in an accuracy only blitz p4 can evade it (bs) )

11 Sep 2019, 08:07 AM

If your 70 range TD with 450 frontal armour is getting snared I don't know what to tell you...
11 Sep 2019, 08:13 AM

If your 70 range TD with 450 frontal armour is getting snared I don't know what to tell you...

it isnt this hard when u flank it with some t34 and ramm it or use mother russia and satchel it....not this hard when u play smart...
11 Sep 2019, 08:18 AM

Jagdtiger is a victim without a whole army to support it.

I'll share a secret with you, but don't tell anyone, promise?

with it it can be deleted by so many abilities from allies (get engine dmg and call in anti tank abiltys like planes or anti arty shell which drop about the half map in an accuracy only blitz p4 can evade it (bs) )

You do realize every other slow vehicle is equally vulnerable to that?
Have you ever seen what SCAS does to engine damaged ISU?
(spoiler: it deletes it).
11 Sep 2019, 08:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 08:18 AMKatitof

I'll share a secret with you, but don't tell anyone, promise?

You do realize every other slow vehicle is equally vulnerable to that?
Have you ever seen what SCAS does to engine damaged ISU?
(spoiler: it deletes it).

all other Callins (except axis ele and jgtiger) have some anti infantry power.
this both not. or have turrets and are more mobile.

so you need so less effort to take them out...while are most expansive. and works only vs armor. and eat your popcap like hell.
11 Sep 2019, 09:36 AM

If 1120hp on the highest armored unit in the game with 70 range and new mobility buffs isn't enough for you idk what to tell you

Also while you are googling the Jagdtiger also Google the outcome of the war. Obviously you want realism over balance so next patch axis automatically loses at the end of the match. Cause realism for the flowers that don't realise its a game

So, if Hp is not important to you, why they have increased it on super mobile Pershing?
Come on, I dont tell that jagdtiger should one shot IS2 from 2-3Km range, read carefully pls.
Balance is not about making all of the armies and units the same. Why should JT match Ele? Who asked for this? They are different units and already got nerfed when they reduced their range and damage from 320 to 300, preventing 2shots. Units must be different, not only their physical characteristics, but also their performances related stats. JT never documented to be an exact copy of Elefant. (Other than the new patch here)
Enough is enough, enough nerf already done on this unit. Or, please nerf it to exact level as M36, I would prefer it over JT every time I have been asked for.
11 Sep 2019, 09:51 AM

Heavy TD make team games toxic.

This JT change is welcome.
11 Sep 2019, 09:53 AM

than again..why not give the jgtiger HE Shells? yo can switch. and everything would be fine.
11 Sep 2019, 09:55 AM

than again..why not give the jgtiger HE Shells? yo can switch. and everything would be fine.

If you want that, then, well, its as easy as switching a faction.
11 Sep 2019, 10:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 09:55 AMKatitof

If you want that, then, well, its as easy as switching a faction.

you mean like the 17pounder got a time -pak43-modus? as nondoc unit?

why brit players made it easy and switche factions?

or why usf got t0 mortar?

any heard from balance? ISU can handle both targets types easily...while is cheaper and has same range. is more mobile and is not useless when enemy park armor until he has enough to overrun you

11 Sep 2019, 10:01 AM

I tried the new JT and hated it. It's a clone of the Ele while being stuck in a bad doctrine. Really boring balancing. Barrage ability is complete shit, not sure why it wasn't buffed. Still misses a ton of shots due to how little the gun traverses and the constant rotating giving it 0.5 accuracy on many shots. Please change the JT again, the current approach is horrible.
11 Sep 2019, 10:09 AM

I wanted to know what comunity thought about it
Current state:
A) medium cancer
Or
B) soft cancer
11 Sep 2019, 10:37 AM

15 cp = worse elephant, why?

Right now it's super niche, its abilities are still unresponsive

i fells it's better to use kt and some supporting JP as JP will take care of TD and KT takes cares of medium and AI (as it will kill medium in the same amount of shoots)

and actually use a good doc,

the sturm officer is the worse early commander unit, with 2 ability, 4 man, and same RA than other 5 man units

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★