Login

russian armor

Shrecks. Blobbing in 2v2s and above

8 Sep 2019, 15:57 PM

btw do u think piat blob are OP ?

cause the proposal i said above was very similar to piat RE, snare, 1 less man (apart from fusi)

100 damage same

similar pen

lower rate of fire
8 Sep 2019, 16:11 PM

Permanently Banned

He wouldn't know cuz he always plays allies.
8 Sep 2019, 16:12 PM

That and the other arguement is when OST gets a light tank nondoc they could remove the teller.

The things you quoted are why I'm suggesting removing the insta gib but adding a model cap. You are leaving that bit out entirely every time. Intentionally?
I'm not asking for an insta wiper I'm asking for a means to punish blobs via bleed.
I don't WANT easy wipes let that be clear.
I want blobbing to be heavily discouraged. Mgs do that for most factions but the Soviet don't have that capability.

To recap what I want:
Cap demo models at 3 per squad
This means: ANY squad will escape with its vet intact if there is nothing to follow up.
It will punish blobs without being decisive by wiping squad after squad

Question: you you trade the entire cost of an lmg42 on grens and then a bit more to instantly kill 3 models of an enemy squad 1 time? Or deem that a waste?

It would be cost ineffective to use on anything BUT a blob

And the teller in actually fine with for the reasons listed, I was simply using it as response to the "axis can't wipe things in the blink of an eye" argument even though IN SPECIFICALLY asking for a change that will remove the ability to wipe full units entirely...
8 Sep 2019, 16:13 PM

You never played 1v1 vs soviets when they were OP then. 90% of top players thought demos were OP. I haven't heard a single top player complain about schreck blobs recently.

The maxim is not THAT bad. It's semi decent when you use sustained fire vs blobs. It's bad vs spaced squads. I still don't see why demos should get any sort of buff. They can still 1 shot any squad when they're on garrisons. Axis factions don't get that luxury, and only the soviets can do it nondoc. If the arguement is that top players don't use free squad wipe tools because they're situational or lazy it doesn't seem like they should be buffed. If that were the case, "booby traps" should all be buffed because they're rarely used as well.

Shreck blobs are back in 4v4's. If you really doubt this, play some random 4v4's as allied. I see them more often with Pgrens than Pf's. The Pgrens work better than PF's due to their bundle grenade. I've had a lot of MG's decrewed because the Pgrens were still able to close to within grenade range even with the MG firing on them. Standard infantry, even with LMG's, isn't much of a deterrent. Grenades are helpful, but having to pay the side tech costs means puts your armor behind. Assault sections or Shocks do work well. Pack howies or Scotts are the best USF counters. It will be interesting to see what happens when those are nerfed. The boost to short range DPS on rifles might help.

A group of three Pgrens will insta-wipe any standard allied medium. That's only 300 munitions and you can use it over and over. The biggest part of the problem is how cheap shreks have become. Players have complained until the price of shreks is the same as the price of bazooka's or Piats, but you get 50% more damage and 50% more penetration so that even heavies are at risk to shrek blobs. The price should be raised to at least 70, maybe 75, and the drop rate put to .33.

I don't agree with bringing back demo's in their old form. It was more toxic to gameplay than snipers. I wish they would have made demo's detectable by infantry at 20-30 range instead of the white circle. Demo's plus a regular mine used to work as the Soviet version of the teller and were really good for preventing Panther dives.
8 Sep 2019, 16:16 PM

Permanently Banned
4v4s were NEVER balanced. It was and is a shitshow. Play 1s and 2s if u want a better game.
8 Sep 2019, 16:20 PM

Make cons long range oriented give lmg42 lvl mg, increase range and speed of molly and at nade, make t34 85 non doc and 125 fuel, make quad supress on the move again and return presicion strike..............

You seem to be playing the wrong faction for unknown reasons. If you want those units play OST instead of asking unit clones.
8 Sep 2019, 16:26 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

The things you quoted are why I'm suggesting removing the insta gib but adding a model cap. You are leaving that bit out entirely every time. Intentionally?
I'm not asking for an insta wiper I'm asking for a means to punish blobs via bleed.
I don't WANT easy wipes let that be clear.
I want blobbing to be heavily discouraged. Mgs do that for most factions but the Soviet don't have that capability.

To recap what I want:
Cap demo models at 3 per squad
This means: ANY squad will escape with its vet intact if there is nothing to follow up.
It will punish blobs without being decisive by wiping squad after squad

Question: you you trade the entire cost of an lmg42 on grens and then a bit more to instantly kill 3 models of an enemy squad 1 time? Or deem that a waste?

It would be cost ineffective to use on anything BUT a blob

And the teller in actually fine with for the reasons listed, I was simply using it as response to the "axis can't wipe things in the blink of an eye" argument even though IN SPECIFICALLY asking for a change that will remove the ability to wipe full units entirely...

The reason I personally don't like the 3 model kill cap is it will be combined with the trip flares which kill a model and can also trigger demos IIRC. It'll lead to 4 man wipes regardless. I'm not sure if the trip will kill before the demo does which doesn't count towards that kill limit, but I'd rather not bank on it will rather than suffering for 6 months of it won't. As far as demos shouldn't be able to wipe units regardless, I agree, but the community wouldn't stand for another demo nerf currently.
8 Sep 2019, 17:51 PM

im sorry if u want the cake and eat it too

says the troll who want's to remove shreck ,old demo, and buff mines but not osther :snfPeter:
i know being an allied fan boi here is easy thanks to the pollution of them but please go to the coh2 relic forum fo rants

I want the shreck away from fussies. On pgrens they are fine. Fussies imo are too cheap and durable to have shrecks. Its just like the old volks shreck, but now its version 2.0.

On pgrens they are fine. Pgrens cost more are squishier. However now they come earlier and more then before in my experience. Shrecking them up is also more common. The viability of the ostwind in AI allows this.
The thing i see in regard to shrecked blobbed pgrens is soviets lack viable option to punish blobbing.

The demo used to fill this job along side the mines.
The capping the models at 3 with demo,s and even mines is worth testing. Demo would need to be invisible again and its price go back up. Then no more one shotting inf and a blob punisher for soviets.
8 Sep 2019, 18:13 PM

I want the shreck away from fussies. On pgrens they are fine. Fussies imo are too cheap and durable to have shrecks. Its just like the old volks shreck, but now its version 2.0.

On pgrens they are fine. Pgrens cost more are squishier. However now they come earlier and more then before in my experience. Shrecking them up is also more common. The viability of the ostwind in AI allows this.
The thing i see in regard to shrecked blobbed pgrens is soviets lack viable option to punish blobbing.

The demo used to fill this job along side the mines.
The capping the models at 3 with demo,s and even mines is worth testing. Demo would need to be invisible again and its price go back up. Then no more one shotting inf and a blob punisher for soviets.

they are not same as old volks, they have way worse ai, they are just more survivable pgreen vs tanks, vs infantry they are worse than pgreen

for blobbing u have, the buffed maxim which was buffed specifically to suppress blobs, the AA half truck, and katy
8 Sep 2019, 18:28 PM

Permanently Banned
SU AAHT is NOT a counter for blobs though. The only reason to sink 120 munis into the upgrade is if you're desperate for anti-air, then it does a damn good job at that.
8 Sep 2019, 18:55 PM

cause the proposal i said above was very similar to piat RE, snare, 1 less man (apart from fusi)

100 damage same

similar pen

lower rate of fire

Axis tanks have significantly higher armour values so they wouldn't care as much about schreck/piat blobs. This is why IS2 and other heavies with large HP pool like churchill or KV-8 are a great counter to schreck blobs. Medium tanks on the other hand get destroyed easily with their 160 armour and 640 HP. The closest thing to 4 schrecks vs allied tanks is 6 superbazookas vs axis tanks - 2xPG with schrecks vs 2xRangers with tripple zooks, at least it feels like they have a similar level of AT efficiency in teamgames. I never see anyone blobbing rangers with zooks though.

Panzergrens also have a very strong grenade so they don't always need STGs to deal AI damage. PGs with schrecks in teamgames often function like raketens as they go in tandem, fire schrecks and retreat to minimize losses and come back in a minute. It's a weird mechanic that requires very low micro and can be deadly vs mediums/TDs in teamgames. The more players in the gamemode, the more often you see this strat in use.
8 Sep 2019, 19:41 PM

Axis tanks have significantly higher armour values so they wouldn't care as much about schreck/piat blobs. This is why IS2 and other heavies with large HP pool like churchill or KV-8 are a great counter to schreck blobs. Medium tanks on the other hand get destroyed easily with their 160 armour and 640 HP. The closest thing to 4 schrecks vs allied tanks is 6 superbazookas vs axis tanks - 2xPG with schrecks vs 2xRangers with tripple zooks, at least it feels like they have a similar level of AT efficiency in teamgames. I never see anyone blobbing rangers with zooks though.

Panzergrens also have a very strong grenade so they don't always need STGs to deal AI damage. PGs with schrecks in teamgames often function like raketens as they go in tandem, fire schrecks and retreat to minimize losses and come back in a minute. It's a weird mechanic that requires very low micro and can be deadly vs mediums/TDs in teamgames. The more players in the gamemode, the more often you see this strat in use.
so axis tank get free armor ?
8 Sep 2019, 19:57 PM

so axis tank get free armor ?

You're leaning towards germany so hard that it sucks english reading capabilities from you.

Since when more=free?

(btw, tell me if you didn't understood that, I can write it in german just as well for you)
8 Sep 2019, 20:17 PM

You're leaning towards germany so hard that it sucks english reading capabilities from you.

Since when more=free?

(btw, tell me if you didn't understood that, I can write it in german just as well for you)
i don't know German, u can try Italian

btw so if they pay for more armor other units-weapons should get more pen for free ?

if im not wrong brit's get high armor to right ?

and if we count doc tanks then it even out too for all factions

what are u trying to argue ?

i offered a fair solution mimicking another faction (brit), i guess it would be op cause it has a cross on it ?
8 Sep 2019, 20:54 PM

i don't know German, u can try Italian

btw so if they pay for more armor other units-weapons should get more pen for free ?

if im not wrong brit's get high armor to right ?

and if we count doc tanks then it even out too for all factions

what are u trying to argue ?

i offered a fair solution mimicking another faction (brit), i guess it would be op cause it has a cross on it ?

M36 Jackson Armor: 130
SU-85 / Stug III Armor: 140
T-34/76 Armor: 150
M4A3 Sherman / Cromwell / Firefly / T-34(85) / 76MM Sherman Armor: 160
PzIV (Ostheer Vet 0) Armor: 180
M4A3E8 Sherman Armor: 215
JagdpanzerIV Armor: 230
PzIV (Ostheer Vet 2 and OKW standard) Armor: 234
Panther (Ostheer vet 0) Armor: 260
Panther (Ostheer vet 2) Armor: 286
Comet Armor: 290

Panzershrek Penetration: 180/170/160
-20 ShreK Penetration: 160/150/140
PIAT Penetration: 130/116/110
Bazooka Penetration: 130/120/110
Elite Bazooka Penetration: 160/150/140

I'd personally be fine with the proposal on account of lower damage alone tbh tho lol
8 Sep 2019, 20:59 PM

M36 Jackson Armor: 130
SU-85 / Stug III Armor: 140
T-34/76 Armor: 150
M4A3 Sherman / Cromwell / Firefly / T-34(85) / 76MM Sherman Armor: 160
PzIV (Ostheer Vet 0) Armor: 180
M4A3E8 Sherman Armor: 215
JagdpanzerIV Armor: 230
PzIV (Ostheer Vet 2 and OKW standard) Armor: 234
Panther (Ostheer vet 0) Armor: 260
Panther (Ostheer vet 2) Armor: 286
Comet Armor: 290
Churchill armor:240
Kv-1 armor:275

Panzershrek Penetration: 180/170/160
-20 ShreK Penetration: 160/150/140
PIAT Penetration: 130/120 or more /110 (piat for some reason have different mid range of 25)
Bazooka Penetration: 130/120/110
Elite Bazooka Penetration: 160/150/140

I'd personally be fine with the proposal on account of lower damage alone tbh tho lol
little fix
10 Sep 2019, 19:37 PM

I don't really have a problem with shrek blobs, but one cool fix could be to reduce incoming tank explosive damage but increase bullet damage. In my experience, pgrens take forever to drop models at vet lvls. They also have awesome grenades which are a big problem when facing the horde. Just my thought for the 3rd installment.

I usually hit them with an isu152 or priest. I guess that is why I have never had issues with them.
10 Sep 2019, 20:55 PM

I just find it frustrating that with a stock loadout i cant really stop them from blobbing at my tank release a devastating volly and retreat the moment any threat is percieved.

I usualy use doctrines without kv2 isu or heavy arty. Maybe its me being stubborn but i cant get those working for me mostly. The is2 is the exception but i dont use it much.
10 Sep 2019, 20:57 PM

I just find it frustrating that with a stock loadout i cant really stop them from blobbing at my tank release a devastating volly and retreat the moment any threat is percieved.

I usualy use doctrines without kv2 isu or heavy arty. Maybe its me being stubborn but i cant get those working for me mostly. The is2 is the exception but i dont use it much.
just use maxim (1 or 2 depending on the size of the blob) or katy (it as instant travel time at medium range) or try aa half truck as it will insta pin
10 Sep 2019, 21:03 PM

xD, all while penals PTRS blobs are being spammed in team games, and USF bazooka blobs too, dont forget the piats in UKF. but those are okay for some reason.

If u want, nerf the pen and damage on shreks to bazooka levels, and give the option for volks to once again upgrade 1 shrek, i wonder how long this allied trolls will last to make another thread

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★