Login

russian armor

Changes to Wehrmacht's Storm commander

5 Sep 2019, 09:42 AM

HI guys,

as some of the commanders are getting tweaked in the new patch i would like to see some changes to the Wehrmacht's Storm commander.

Why are changes necessary?
Well, i think "Storm" should support an aggressive and mobile playstyle, as the name of the doctrine tells.

Lets have a look at the current load out:
1CP - Ambush Camo
2CP - Half-track Riegel Anti-tank Mine
4CP - Smoke Drop
8CP - LEFH 18 Artillery
12CP - Stuka Bombing Strike

I guess everybody will agree that the RIEGEL mine doesnt fit at all to the theme.
Thats why i would suggest to replace the RIEGEL with Stormtroopers or Assgrens. Both units would fit very good to the theme and would give the doctrine some early game punch.

The rest of the doctrine could stay although i personally prefer abilities like "Hold and Assault" or "Valiant assault" over the Stuka Bombing Strike.
What do you think?

5 Sep 2019, 12:06 PM

I disagree, I like that commander in its current state and think it's very useful.

251 lovers like me know that Riegel mines can be insanely strong. They are somewhat weaker vs light tanks like a T70 or AEC, but medium or heavy tanks are dead af if they hit a riegel mine.
5 Sep 2019, 12:16 PM

If the schu mine get the go ahead the riegel ability should be improved.

Suggestions:
Available to Pioneers also
Decrease plant time with veterancy like with m20.

Or one could scrap the stock schu mine and make the ability give schu to vehicles and Riegel to pioneers
5 Sep 2019, 12:38 PM

I disagree, I like that commander in its current state and think it's very useful.

251 lovers like me know that Riegel mines can be insanely strong. They are somewhat weaker vs light tanks like a T70 or AEC, but medium or heavy tanks are dead af if they hit a riegel mine.

I dont doubt that the RIEGEL mine is useful but the ability doesnt fit to the theme, thats for sure.
5 Sep 2019, 12:52 PM

Valiant Assault would definatly fit the theme of the doctrine better. Only that would be insanely OP combined witht he smoke pots, therefor replace the smoke pots with the Valiant Assault ability instead and replace the Riegel with the storm troopers.
5 Sep 2019, 13:50 PM

Valiant Assault would definatly fit the theme of the doctrine better. Only that would be insanely OP combined witht he smoke pots.

So.. Luftwaffe Ground Forces?

Anyway, megacheese abilitites like Valiant Assault and FMR shouldn't be put into more doctrines. Assault & Hold is better designed with a cap/decap bonus instead of sprint.
5 Sep 2019, 14:09 PM

Hey! Don't touch this. It's my favorite Ost commander...
5 Sep 2019, 14:21 PM

Hey! Don't touch this. It's my favorite Ost commander...

... and you would like it even more if the Riegel- an obvious odd choice for this theme- would be replaced by Stormtroopers, believe me:)
5 Sep 2019, 14:28 PM

... and you would like it even more if the Riegel- an obvious odd choice for this theme- would be replaced by Stormtroopers, believe me:)
:romeoHype::romeoHype::romeoHype:

5 Sep 2019, 14:31 PM

Now why would storm commander have stormtroopers?
5 Sep 2019, 14:36 PM

Because Stormtroopers in their role as infiltration units would fit to the theme imo. You could also replace the Riegel with Assgrens or the OKW Sturmoffizier, units that would make a lot of sense too from a theme and design perspective.

5 Sep 2019, 14:52 PM

I'd actually stop using the commander if that happened.
5 Sep 2019, 14:58 PM

I sincerely like this commander as it is. Riegel is useful, it just depends on how the game is evolving.

It is sort of balanced, good offensive, some defensive, some situational abilities

added: riegel is the best bet to stop diving tanks... why would they do that? because of your LeFh. Camo lets you ambush and sometimes get some map control.
This is an ambush/logistic commander rather a steamroller, rusher one.
5 Sep 2019, 15:06 PM

Because Stormtroopers in their role as infiltration units would fit to the theme imo. You could also replace the Riegel with Assgrens or the OKW Sturmoffizier, units that would make a lot of sense too from a theme and design perspective.

was just playing with words
5 Sep 2019, 15:07 PM

This is one of the commanders I spent real money to get. I bought it because, it's abilities are all force multipliers - even the only unit in its roster (the howitzer). I agree that Ambush Camo and Riegel Mines are defensive abilities that don't suit the "Storm" name and I don't use the mines that often but, I don't see the need to change this commander at all.
5 Sep 2019, 15:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Sep 2019, 15:06 PMVipper

was just playing with words

my bad ;)

@Farlon:
Why would you stop using this doctrine if riegels would be replaced? Can you explain it?
5 Sep 2019, 16:09 PM

I actually in part pick it BECAUSE of the riegle. Last wave of patches made halftrack and panzer grens better than ever. Being able to throw down mines at the same time is just a huge bonus.
The commander does scream "storm doctrine" but name only is the issue, the collection of abilities are very strong and versatile
5 Sep 2019, 17:11 PM

The commander does scream "storm doctrine" but name only is the issue, the collection of abilities are very strong and versatile

Well, i never said the abilities would be bad. It just bothers me if abilities dont fit to the theme.
But if players want to safe the status quo in terms of abilities - and thats fine to me - can we at least rename the commander and change the description text accordingly?

5 Sep 2019, 18:55 PM

Renaming the commander sounds Ok.

What about...
RIEGEL commander!
haha /s
5 Sep 2019, 19:15 PM

Renaming the commander sounds Ok.

What about...
RIEGEL commander!
haha /s

:p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest