Login

russian armor

OKW is too oppressive towards other factions...

2 Sep 2019, 18:52 PM

OKW is cheesy in the current patch against USF and Soviets if they don't go for the tried and true M3 into Penal strat. Brits are also stupid in the current patch as well but both factions are being toned down. Honestly USF is going to be pretty good if not one of the best factions if all of the current changes are kept. The Rifle buffs in tandem with Volks being made slightly more expensive and starting resources for OKW being reduced have caused Rifles to now be better than Volks at most parts of the game now instead of struggling against them until you are able to get weapon racks and upgrading at least a single BAR on every squad. USF is still good against Ostheer even in the current patch and will probably continue to be into the future. Although I am looking forward to some of the Ostheer buffs hopefully making them more prevalent versus OKW being played 90% of the time in the current patch because Ostheer is really only better on very specific maps.

Current Patch Rankings (In 1v1)
1. UKF
2. OKW
3. USF
4. SU
5. OST
Next Patch (Predictions)
1. SU
2. USF
3. OKW
4. UKF
5. OST
2 Sep 2019, 19:00 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

OKW is cheesy in the current patch against USF and Soviets if they don't go for the tried and true M3 into Penal strat. Brits are also stupid in the current patch as well but both factions are being toned down. Honestly USF is going to be pretty good if not one of the best factions if all of the current changes are kept. The Rifle buffs in tandem with Volks being made slightly more expensive and starting resources for OKW being reduced have caused Rifles to now be better than Volks at most parts of the game now instead of struggling against them until you are able to get weapon racks and upgrading at least a single BAR on every squad. USF is still good against Ostheer even in the current patch and will probably continue to be into the future. Although I am looking forward to some of the Ostheer buffs hopefully making them more prevalent versus OKW being played 90% of the time in the current patch because Ostheer is really only better on very specific maps.

Current Patch Rankings (In 1v1)
1. UKF
2. OKW
3. USF
4. SU
5. OST
Next Patch (Predictions)
1. SU
2. USF
3. OKW
4. UKF
5. OST

Why do you predict OST is going to be last when the 1v1 tourney we saw a ton of OST play. Unless they revert the grenadier received damage bonus, I think personally it would look more like this:

1. SU
2. USF
3. OST
4. OKW
5. UKF
2 Sep 2019, 19:12 PM

Why do you predict OST is going to be last when the 1v1 tourney we saw a ton of OST play. Unless they revert the grenadier received damage bonus, I think personally it would look more like this:

1. SU
2. USF
3. OST
4. OKW
5. UKF

I feel the power creep is still a big problem as it seemed in tournament play Ostheer only worked with specific commander choices. OKW also received quite a few nice buffs in the 1.3 version of this patch and I still think Brits have some strong units (Churchill) that will prevent them from being too week. Ideally if the patch is really good it should be extremely difficult to rank them. Ostheer really depends on if they keep the damage reduction change at Vet 3 since I think Grens are probably one of the major reasons the faction struggles as a whole in the current patch.
2 Sep 2019, 19:13 PM

This balance Patch would make it less chessy across all factions (with some important elements being changed).

I don't think OKW will have that oppressiveness in early stages against Allies as much nor will Allies be as Oppressive late game vs OKW / Axis.

OKW will be in a spot which I believe would be better off since their early game impact will be nerfed in turn for better late game.

Thus it will be less chessy and will provide in the process the Allies with on par opportunities.

The September Patch I think is going to be the best Patch so far in terms of balancing.

I guess we can see that for ourselves soon enough:thumb:
2 Sep 2019, 19:15 PM

Why ukf lower than okw ?

I mean they nerfed almost nothing and buff a lot , IS “nerf” will just stop snipes the dps should be the same, mg buffed, Cromwell buffed, Churchill less spammable , buff to FF , buff to sniper
2 Sep 2019, 19:59 PM

Why ukf lower than okw ?

I mean they nerfed almost nothing and buff a lot , IS “nerf” will just stop snipes the dps should be the same, mg buffed, Cromwell buffed, Churchill less spammable , buff to FF , buff to sniper

Because stopping the "snipes" is exactly what will make them much less potent as they no longer will get easy edge in combat, received accuracy moved to cover also puts a micro tax on them, making blobbing and a-moving that much weaker.

Volks in comparison are completely unchanged.
Considering early game alone, that's why OKW should be above UKF.
2 Sep 2019, 20:19 PM

Because stopping the "snipes" is exactly what will make them much less potent as they no longer will get easy edge in combat, received accuracy moved to cover also puts a micro tax on them, making blobbing and a-moving that much weaker.

Volks in comparison are completely unchanged.

Considering early game alone, that's why OKW should be above UKF.
katitof u might want to check the bias a bit, saying that IS are nerfed a lot cause they now can't get some lucky snipes like before and then saying that increasing mp cost by 10 mp is almost nothing
2 Sep 2019, 20:21 PM

katitof u might want to check the bias a bit, saying that IS are nerfed a lot cause they now can't get some lucky snipes like before and then saying that increasing mp cost by 10 mp is almost nothing

Yeaaah, you go take your own advise here please.
2 Sep 2019, 20:25 PM

Yeaaah, you go take your own advise here please.
the dps should be the same , it only affect them with the bolster upgrade, the nerf to RA out of cover is only felt when u are a moving or retreating as u want ur IS in any form of cover always, then the sniper got a buff, the Cromwell got abuff, the comet got a buff, the vicker now works like mg 42
2 Sep 2019, 20:48 PM

Before I give in to your trolling, you are aware that I have nothing against tommy nerf?

But saying volk cost adjustment is as bad as what tommies got is delusional.
2 Sep 2019, 21:23 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Why ukf lower than okw ?

IS nerf: less snipes, more overkill dmg in early game (thus less effective unless mixing MG/Bren to break even occasionally). Less effective on the move/out of cover, small nerf to pyrotechnics.

Vickers: small suppression buff. Not sure if it will help too much due to how the Vickers behave (snipe a model and then re-aim). The suppression value is not the problem.

Sniper: BURF (nerf + buff). It aims 0.5s faster, but following shot is 1.25s slower. I'll still take faster aim time than winddown.

Churchill: no more nade vet 0, more popcap, more cost.
Firefly: big buff.
Cromwell: mobility/size buff. Doesn't change the unit in a meaningful way.
Comet: buffs

Emplacements: nerfs

So you have nerfs to key units (IS and Churchill), Buff to relevant units (FF and Vickers), ehh changes to Sniper/Cromwell and unknown about where the comet will land.
2 Sep 2019, 21:54 PM

test the vicker, it suppress like mg 42 but not pin like it, and thanks to the increased suppression it does not snipes model before suppression

the aim time buff > the wind down nerf, now u can counter snipe osther (impossible before)

cromwell was always good, people sleep on it, it's a more AT version of the sherman with less utility and no moving accuracy

okw only real buff i think was the doc units right ? other were more like vet adjustment or nerfs
or complete experimental reworks like puppchen

2 Sep 2019, 23:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

test the vicker, it suppress like mg 42 but not pin like it, and thanks to the increased suppression it does not snipes model before suppression

the aim time buff > the wind down nerf, now u can counter snipe osther (impossible before)

cromwell was always good, people sleep on it, it's a more AT version of the sherman with less utility and no moving accuracy

okw only real buff i think was the doc units right ? other were more like vet adjustment or nerfs
or complete experimental reworks like puppchen

I hope it's enough. There might be bias towards the amount of times the unit fail to suppress, specially mid game with plenty of light cover around. I don't think you can perfectly replicate ingame situations (different engage distance, HP, rng. etc.) It's one of the few cases i can think that nerfing the damage might result in a direct buff to the unit.

That's why i said i would take that change anytime, but it doesn't mean it doesn't come with some drawbacks.

The sole reason Sherman is great, is due to smoke and HE utility. I don't think people will get Cromwell as opposed to say Centaur + FF or still going for 1/2 Churchill. It's a low risk/low reward units which doesn't foment aggressive playstyle as it won't bully infantry as either Sherman/T34 or give you an edge against either PIV. I'll be really surprise if the meta is mass Cromwell.

As far as OKW goes:
- They get -20mp initial mp and -10mp per Volks build but they end up paying equally overall through the trucks (usual 2, ahead with 3) and small +5f at start.
-Vet and combat buffs to SP. Less vet req., Acc bonus is now at vet 3 and you gain the stun nades at vet1.
-MG34 vet req buff.
-Kubel symbolic buff (less time spent repairing)
-Rak: not sure where it will end. It looks like a nerf to cheese 2x creeping raks and buffs to being conventional AT gun.
-Flak HT small buffs.
-KT decent buffs.

Mostly buffs to doctrinal units. Even the Cmd Panther. The biggest nerf to the faction is that it now removes the most meta way to play (Call in Cmd PV) is no longer available. So you can't really know where it's gonna be power wise. It's like when SU relied so heaviliy in 2/3 commanders, that it's weird to guess how strong the faction was if you could just veto those commanders.

TL;DR: in both cases, UKF and OKW gets nerfs to most meta builds. Same with others call in strats.
2 Sep 2019, 23:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Overall considering 1.3 changes, this is my bet.

Through the changes applied, biggest winner will be OH. But that won't put it at number 1 spot. It will be n2.
That will be USF/SU for 1st and 3rd spot. Either USF due to OKW changes or SU because i had the creeping feeling that something new (or old) might arise as most dominant way to play.

OKW/UKF as 4th and 5th interchangeable.

Waiting for been completely wrong.
2 Sep 2019, 23:41 PM

Overall considering 1.3 changes, this is my bet.

Through the changes applied, biggest winner will be OH. But that won't put it at number 1 spot. It will be n2.
That will be USF/SU for 1st and 3rd spot. Either USF due to OKW changes or SU because i had the creeping feeling that something new (or old) might arise as most dominant way to play.

OKW/UKF as 4th and 5th interchangeable.

Waiting for been completely wrong.
let's hope we are both wrong, wish a meta where everyone is first and viable
3 Sep 2019, 00:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

let's hope we are both wrong, wish a meta where everyone is first and viable

TBH, we are already there. At least when you compare it to release of OP commanders in EFA, the release of both OKW and USF and later UKF.

Discrepancy is too small for automatch.
4 Sep 2019, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 08:09 AMButcher
OKW too opressive? Really?

I have made the experience that OKW can't counter Maxim (or .50 cal) spam at all. The LeIG is to slow to react. Barrage? Reposition the Maxim. Smoke? Reposition the Maxim. And the only other option OKW has is infantry, which will get countered by a second Maxim. The lack of Flamethrowers and Snipers seriously hurts the ability of OKW.

If you cant counter a maxim as okw... l2p...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★