Login

russian armor

OKW is too oppressive towards other factions...

2 Sep 2019, 07:09 AM

Maybe okw should not have been designed crowded like soviets. Cant feel a german army when played okw, osther provides it.
2 Sep 2019, 08:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 07:04 AMRiley

if u have mg34 for OKW, u also can order AT gun in T0. But USF cannot have mg and AT so early as OKW. Everything else, they still have an early wipe machine, like a walking stuka.

Which shows you only play 3v3 and 4v4 and blob your way out since going early stuka is a suicide in competitive modes...
2 Sep 2019, 08:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 07:04 AMRiley

if u have mg34 for OKW, u also can order AT gun in T0. But USF cannot have mg and AT so early as OKW. Everything else, they still have an early wipe machine, like a walking stuka.

I don't have problems with any of factions, IMO its l2p problem. My advice, dont be over agressive with usf at start, prioritise capping not fighting till you get fast mg and m20, (Dont build more than 2 rifles).

My latest BO - (Starting RE, Rifle, Pathfinder - LT (as soon as 35 fuel hits), mg, m20, then Paras with Pak howie (upgrade with zooks if luchs starts to get too anoying, or lmgs if you need to kill of volks), also get stuart/greyhound. Optional is one more mg or Para/Pak drop, and then into your favorite tanks, either sherman spam or jackson/stuart combo.

So my end composition is aproximately like this : RE (zooked up), LT (zooked up), 2 paras (1 zooked), (1 lmg) Pathfinder (Bars) rifelman (bars), 1 or 2 mgs and 1 or 2 pak. Then 2 shermans/stuarts and 1 jackson.

This way you have AT power, Ai power, Indirect fire and tanks. (if some light vechicles survived, then you can use em to cover flanks/pak howies)

2 Sep 2019, 08:18 AM

USF is flexible enough to deal with various problems, so apart from early okw pushes there isn't much problems.
2 Sep 2019, 08:20 AM

the problem for okw is the UKF and USF faction. Both have mainline infantry which have no problem to deal with volks. UKF even can field early good MG. so u need luchs or other lv at start to deal with this.

problem: they have good AT option at the same time. they cut you off from fuel early and counter easy your infantry counter.

IS is really to strong and to upgradable. OKW need ober to deal with double LMG tommys. but. obers comes at the 10min mark. And eat our pop and manpower like hell. at this time UKF can field centaur. which easy shred all your inf squads.

UKF is the best and easiest faction actually. IS over perform so much that you ask yourself: what the hell. they kill one model with one salve.

early UC give your headache and cancer as okw.

then you realize: OKW is crap when u play ost which has better options and is better balanced since you have every counter unit to UKF (mg? no problem..get mortar. grens hold better vs IS and 222 is good vs UKF...or get sniper...or get mgs...so many possibility.

as OKW u stay there and have nearly only volks to build ...on many maps stpio are sub optimal and bleed to much. rakten is easy avoidable and volks are easy counterable with mgs.
2 Sep 2019, 08:40 AM

It's a little pointless dicussing this now, given SPBP is about throw OKW's old early game dynamic out of the window.
2 Sep 2019, 09:22 AM

the problem for okw is the UKF and USF faction. Both have mainline infantry which have no problem to deal with volks. UKF even can field early good MG. so u need luchs or other lv at start to deal with this.

problem: they have good AT option at the same time. they cut you off from fuel early and counter easy your infantry counter.

IS is really to strong and to upgradable. OKW need ober to deal with double LMG tommys. but. obers comes at the 10min mark. And eat our pop and manpower like hell. at this time UKF can field centaur. which easy shred all your inf squads.

UKF is the best and easiest faction actually. IS over perform so much that you ask yourself: what the hell. they kill one model with one salve.

early UC give your headache and cancer as okw.

then you realize: OKW is crap when u play ost which has better options and is better balanced since you have every counter unit to UKF (mg? no problem..get mortar. grens hold better vs IS and 222 is good vs UKF...or get sniper...or get mgs...so many possibility.

as OKW u stay there and have nearly only volks to build ...on many maps stpio are sub optimal and bleed to much. rakten is easy avoidable and volks are easy counterable with mgs.

if ukf so strong how come none of your ukf stats hit above at least 55% win rate ?
2 Sep 2019, 09:26 AM

I don't have problems with any of factions, IMO its l2p problem. My advice, dont be over agressive with usf at start, prioritise capping not fighting till you get fast mg and m20, (Dont build more than 2 rifles).

My latest BO - (Starting RE, Rifle, Pathfinder - LT (as soon as 35 fuel hits), mg, m20, then Paras with Pak howie (upgrade with zooks if luchs starts to get too anoying, or lmgs if you need to kill of volks), also get stuart/greyhound. Optional is one more mg or Para/Pak drop, and then into your favorite tanks, either sherman spam or jackson/stuart combo.

So my end composition is aproximately like this : RE (zooked up), LT (zooked up), 2 paras (1 zooked), (1 lmg) Pathfinder (Bars) rifelman (bars), 1 or 2 mgs and 1 or 2 pak. Then 2 shermans/stuarts and 1 jackson.

This way you have AT power, Ai power, Indirect fire and tanks. (if some light vechicles survived, then you can use em to cover flanks/pak howies)

I would like to play with you in 2x2 mode, where you will be in the same corridor with the USF, and I will be the Ostheer. I’m sure you will change your mind.
2 Sep 2019, 09:34 AM

if ukf so strong how come none of your ukf stats hit above at least 55% win rate ?

They are boring easy and dont like the easy mode in any games..so i didnt played them since a year or so...i have only a few games with them...and even then...i have better winrate with them than most other factions.

i need only 30% the micro with them than with any other faction. you can play them with a cup of tea...in both hands
2 Sep 2019, 10:12 AM

They are boring easy and dont like the easy mode in any games..so i didnt played them since a year or so...i have only a few games with them...and even then...i have better winrate with them than most other factions.

i need only 30% the micro with them than with any other faction. you can play them with a cup of tea...in both hands

i need only 10% the micro with Ostheer. When mg42 with almost 180 angle. which blocks huge territory for infantry. You can put the second mg behind the back of the first mg, and then even smoke will not help the enemy :D
2 Sep 2019, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:12 AMRiley

i need only 10% the micro with Ostheer. When mg42 with almost 180 angle. which blocks huge territory for infantry. You can put the second mg behind the back of the first mg, and then even smoke will not help the enemy :D

easier: get bofors and lock down area into midgame with no micro

on top: all what mg42 can..can a vickers too...even better in buildings
2 Sep 2019, 10:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 09:26 AMRiley

I would like to play with you in 2x2 mode, where you will be in the same corridor with the USF, and I will be the Ostheer. I’m sure you will change your mind.

Sure, different playmodes ask for different aproach. :)
2 Sep 2019, 10:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:12 AMRiley

I only need 2% of the micro when I play the red units, because you can hit attack move and they stop and shoot things automatically! What sort of brain-dead micro-free gameplay is that?

I only play the blue units because the red units are wildly overpowered and I want an actual challenge, but I'll still complain endlessly that the game is too challenging.

It's a shame the Balance Team only cares about the red units and keeps trying to nerf the blue units out of the game.
2 Sep 2019, 10:42 AM

Sure, different playmodes ask for different aproach. :)

That playmodes useless for USF. What I talked about. This was demonstrated at the Masters Cup tournaments. Where the USF again turned out to be the worst of all, and no one a players chose them in the final.
2 Sep 2019, 10:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:32 AMLago

I only need 2% of the micro when I play the red units, because you can hit attack move and they stop and shoot things automatically! What sort of brain-dead micro-free gameplay is that?

I only play the blue units because the red units are wildly overpowered and I want an actual challenge, but I'll still complain endlessly that the game is too challenging.

It's a shame the Balance Team only cares about the red units and keeps trying to nerf the blue units out of the game.

Sorry, what does it mean, red and blue units?
2 Sep 2019, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:42 AMRiley

That playmodes useless for USF. What I talked about. This was demonstrated at the Masters Cup tournaments. Where the USF again turned out to be the worst of all, and no one a players chose them in the final.

Also I feel this game is balanced and can only be that way for 1v1, all other gamemodes are just for fun, even 2v2 is slugish and always involves heavy tanks, rocket artileries and blobs, so teammodes are basicly place where people can use all fancy stuff what doesnt work in 1v1, and vica versa.
2 Sep 2019, 10:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:42 AMRiley

It's less the mode and more the map. USF thrives on mobility and maneuver. For some reason 2v2 tournament organizers love Crossing in the Woods, Rails and Metal and Alliance of Defiance, where there's no room to maneuver and attrition is king.

Those maps favour heavy armour, support weapon walls and rocket artillery, none of which are USF's strong suits.

If you played a 2v2 on a 3v3 map, it'd be a different story.

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:44 AMRiley
Sorry, what does it mean, red and blue units?

Units with blue health bars and units with red health bars.

All the units with red health bars are overpowered. :P
2 Sep 2019, 11:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:48 AMLago

It's less the mode and more the map. USF thrives on mobility and maneuver. For some reason 2v2 tournament organizers love Crossing in the Woods, Rails and Metal and Alliance of Defiance, where there's no room to maneuver and attrition is king.

Those maps favour heavy armour, support weapon walls and rocket artillery, none of which are USF's strong suits.

Sounds like an excuse. So the USF is useless in half of the game maps? Then this is a big problem, and it’s not at all interesting to play auto-selection. The fact is, the USF is always the worst fraction in tournaments in 2x2 mode.

2 Sep 2019, 11:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 10:48 AMLago

Units with blue health bars and units with red health bars.

Im still dont understand. But no matter, but i understand that I’m talking with axis fanboy.
2 Sep 2019, 11:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:03 AMRiley
Im still dont understand. But no matter, but i understand that I’m talking with axis fanboy.

Only if they've got blue health bars.

Red Axis units are all broken OP.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight