Login

russian armor

M3 Scout Car

26 Aug 2019, 14:45 PM

This topic has been discussed for a long time - M3 is only useful for the first 5-10 minutes, and if I save it until a late game, why do I need it? He will be destroyed in the first skirmish. Send him to suicide? It can be given to him by the ability M3A1 - command-staff vehicle in which it can be: artillery / air strikes, reconnaissance plane passage, aura in a stationary mode.
26 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

Same argument goes to WC, Kubel and no these should actually be removed from WC51 also...Unit is more than cost efficient.

Actually it needs lower armor to be brought inline with other car, and lower penetration or DPS on the move.

I would take it further and lower/remove fuel price but make fire from inside an upgrade requiring MU.
26 Aug 2019, 15:43 PM

Suicide it to delver an AT satchel or thow in an engineer and go for cutoffs.
26 Aug 2019, 15:59 PM

a light vehicle doesn't bleed, unlike infantry, so easily pays for itself if you do enough manpower damage with it and force off squads to gain additional map control.
26 Aug 2019, 16:27 PM

maybe one could add a refit button for car once they reach certain level to remove them from map or one could reduce pop with veterancy.
26 Aug 2019, 16:36 PM

a light vehicle doesn't bleed, unlike infantry, so easily pays for itself if you do enough manpower damage with it and force off squads to gain additional map control.

But unlike the same Kubel, which has a useful 1st veteran ability. Scout has nothing of the kind. It is already useless for 5 minutes. I save the 3rd vet Scout in the 30th minute. That's it - he’s just a dead load, the infantry is no longer afraid of him (they stop being afraid after receiving panzerfaust). Maybe give him some kind of veteran ability or buy a radio set for a strike ability starting with T3 or T4 or something like that.
26 Aug 2019, 17:27 PM

But unlike the same Kubel, which has a useful 1st veteran ability. Scout has nothing of the kind. It is already useless for 5 minutes. I save the 3rd vet Scout in the 30th minute. That's it - he’s just a dead load, the infantry is no longer afraid of him (they stop being afraid after receiving panzerfaust). Maybe give him some kind of veteran ability or buy a radio set for a strike ability starting with T3 or T4 or something like that.

I think the unit is still useful later on, at least as a scout or AT troop transport.

I will concede however at a certain point it isn't worth the micro when you have 10 other units, or the Popcap that it occupies.

It would be fun to add some kind of veteran ability that rewards a player for actively using it after the early game and later into the match. It did just recieve a slight nerf in it's squadwipe potential last patch. Maybe it could get like a mark target ability at vet 2/3 similar to the WC51.

27 Aug 2019, 02:55 AM

I think the unit is still useful later on, at least as a scout or AT troop transport.

I will concede however at a certain point it isn't worth the micro when you have 10 other units, or the Popcap that it occupies.

It would be fun to add some kind of veteran ability that rewards a player for actively using it after the early game and later into the match. It did just recieve a slight nerf in it's squadwipe potential last patch. Maybe it could get like a mark target ability at vet 2/3 similar to the WC51.

If you want troop transports to be useful later into the game, the dropoff system needs to be streamlined. Currently you have to tell it to drop off, then reselect it, then tell it to drive away somewhere safe. What it needs to the functionality to automatically drop off troops and then move away from the danger.
27 Aug 2019, 07:15 AM

If you want troop transports to be useful later into the game, the dropoff system needs to be streamlined. Currently you have to tell it to drop off, then reselect it, then tell it to drive away somewhere safe. What it needs to the functionality to automatically drop off troops and then move away from the danger.

Select an infantry squad inside the halftrack and right click, instead of using the drop off button. That way you can give a move order to somewhere safe and have a squad leave the vehicle, without it having to stop.
27 Aug 2019, 14:46 PM

Give it an "Ambulance" function as a vet ability, that will keep it relevant into the late game.

[Cue howling now.]
27 Aug 2019, 15:46 PM

as other already mentioned, it doesnt need to scale into the late game. If it forced retreat on some squads or even wiped one, the unit already paid for itself completely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★