Login

russian armor

Ostwind Overbuffed?

PAGES (9)down
1 Sep 2019, 15:42 PM

Your point is: AoE is too much!
Everyone counterpoint is:

A) not my point...
B) there's people who have agreed with me ( yet for some reason you're only arguing with me...)
C) who cares that we disagree? I don't value your opinion and you don't value mine. Move on

Ostwind could use slight adjustment. You don't think so. Okay! End of conversation
3 Sep 2019, 11:02 AM

The Ostwind and the Centaur are this good because they're taking a medium tank's popcap and resources for a unit that can't fight medium tanks.

Every Centaur isn't a Cromwell.
3 Sep 2019, 16:10 PM

Why is there a need to nerf it?

There is really no reason why it needs to be nerfed at all!

DPS of Centaur and Ostwind are the same.
10 Sep 2019, 21:46 PM

1. Ostwind has generally weak armour for tier 3. Contary to centaur it bounces almost nothing. Looking at all AT options allies have it has to be microed really skilfully to avoid AT fire. Such skills should be rewarded by game mechanics and luckily they are.

2. Skipping tiers is risky for ost so it should be used by the allied player, if it is not then they would lose whether there is ostwind or not. Ostwind is blamed for losing but the blame should often be put on less skillful play by the allied player.

3. Actually dealing the same dmg by ostwind and centaur already favours allis as they have larger squads. To make it even one coukd say ostwind should deal more damage.

4. Armour on centaur is really strong and bounces shells quite often. Those who say it doesn't are simply wrong.

5. The speed of ostwind is not as great as some people seem to believe. I don't understand the whole argumentation saying that it can escape so quickly from trouble. Not much difference to most other tanks, especially Jackson.

Generally from my perapective ostwind is a relatively fragile tier 3 AI vehicle. It's imact on allies is similar to t70 on ost but it comes later when there should be more at options on the field. If allies invested all munitions and manpower into AI they will be in trouble. If they placed some mines and/or bought some bazookas and/or at gun and can use it/them ostwind will be dead quickly. But that seems to be the problem. Some allied players prefer blobbing infantry with AI weapons and get surprised.

10 Sep 2019, 22:22 PM

1. Ostwind has generally weak armour for tier 3. Contary to centaur it bounces almost nothing. Looking at all AT options allies have it has to be microed really skilfully to avoid AT fire. Such skills should be rewarded by game mechanics and luckily they are.

2. Skipping tiers is risky for ost so it should be used by the allied player, if it is not then they would lose whether there is ostwind or not. Ostwind is blamed for losing but the blame should often be put on less skillful play by the allied player.

3. Actually dealing the same dmg by ostwind and centaur already favours allis as they have larger squads. To make it even one coukd say ostwind should deal more damage.

4. Armour on centaur is really strong and bounces shells quite often. Those who say it doesn't are simply wrong.

5. The speed of ostwind is not as great as some people seem to believe. I don't understand the whole argumentation saying that it can escape so quickly from trouble. Not much difference to most other tanks, especially Jackson.

Generally from my perapective ostwind is a relatively fragile tier 3 AI vehicle. It's imact on allies is similar to t70 on ost but it comes later when there should be more at options on the field. If allies invested all munitions and manpower into AI they will be in trouble. If they placed some mines and/or bought some bazookas and/or at gun and can use it/them ostwind will be dead quickly. But that seems to be the problem. Some allied players prefer blobbing infantry with AI weapons and get surprised.

At this point, it seems the thread generally agrees Parsons is strong but balanced and I shouldn’t have been so confident in a premium AT LV like the Stuart without other AT sources.
10 Sep 2019, 23:39 PM

Why is there a need to nerf it?

There is really no reason why it needs to be nerfed at all!

DPS of Centaur and Ostwind are the same.

The Centaur is slow enough that it can't chase retreating units. The Ostwind doesn't have a problem chasing and wiping retreating units. It doesn't usually happen in 4v4's due to having more AT around, but I've had it happen to me in 2v2's. I'm not sure what I'd do with it if I was on the balance team. It's overall performance seems okay for the price. Maybe give it a small increase in stationary accuracy and a decrease in moving accuracy.
11 Sep 2019, 00:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2019, 23:39 PMGrumpy

The Centaur is slow enough that it can't chase retreating units. The Ostwind doesn't have a problem chasing and wiping retreating units. It doesn't usually happen in 4v4's due to having more AT around, but I've had it happen to me in 2v2's. I'm not sure what I'd do with it if I was on the balance team. It's overall performance seems okay for the price. Maybe give it a small increase in stationary accuracy and a decrease in moving accuracy.

OStwind is terrible firing on the move.
11 Sep 2019, 01:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 00:14 AMVipper

OStwind is terrible firing on the move.

Not terrible enough to stop wiping squads on retreat. Also it wipes spread-out squads much more easily than Centaur, which can only nuke bunched up models
11 Sep 2019, 01:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 01:27 AMKirrik

Not terrible enough to stop wiping squads on retreat. Also it wipes spread-out squads much more easily than Centaur, which can only nuke bunched up models

T-70 is better at killing retreating infatry.

If you want provide a videos with the Ostwind killing retreating squads or test from cheat mode.
11 Sep 2019, 01:35 AM

T-70 cant destroy planes, take out enemy AT light vehicles and have medium tank HP.
11 Sep 2019, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 01:35 AMKirrik
T-70 cant destroy planes, take out enemy AT light vehicles and have medium tank HP.

T-70 isn't anywhere near as expensive as Ostwind though.
11 Sep 2019, 02:28 AM

Medium tank has medium tank HP. NERF
11 Sep 2019, 03:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 01:32 AMVipper

T-70 is better at killing retreating infatry.

If you want provide a videos with the Ostwind killing retreating squads or test from cheat mode.

I've had it happen enough in real games. Do you think watching the video would give me my squad back?
11 Sep 2019, 03:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 03:18 AMGrumpy

I've had it happen enough in real games. Do you think watching the video would give me my squad back?

Alas, there is nothing we can do to bring your squad back. But we can try remembering their names. Let's start with the squad leader. His name was Robert Paulson...
11 Sep 2019, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Sep 2019, 23:39 PMGrumpy

As allies you have many more vehicles that can wipe retreating ost units by chasing them. Remember they are 4 man squads and allies light vehicles and tanks are better suited to chase them. Ostwind is the only ost unit with similar capabilities. Generally allies light vehicles are more effective compared to 222, and allies mediums are better than ostwind at killing retreating squads.
11 Sep 2019, 05:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Sep 2019, 01:27 AMKirrik

Don't bunch up - as allies you are much less punished for that even with ostwind than ostheer.

I also don't really agree. When ostwind is rushed by, for example, us infantry it has to kite them and they don't drop that many models even when they are blobbed. If they have bazookas they will effectively chase ostwind down if there is no mg supporting it.
11 Sep 2019, 05:28 AM

I wouldn't compare a light vehicle to a medium tank. You should compare ostwind to a t34 because they are the same tier. T34 can wipe ostheer 4 man squads in a similar way and also combat medium tanks and light vehicles in a much more reliable way than ostwind. It is also cheaper. Don't build t70 but rush for a quick t34, if you can pull it off you will have a much better tank overall than an ostwind.

The problem is that t70 is generally an OP light vehicle and the fact that you compare it to a higher tier more expensive unit just proves it.
11 Sep 2019, 10:58 AM

kirk are u for real ? Should we nerf the Sherman cause it’s better than a lunch ?
11 Sep 2019, 11:11 AM

kirk are u for real ? Should we nerf the Sherman cause it’s better than a lunch ?

And now I'm hungry.
11 Sep 2019, 11:46 AM

Sherman is medium tank, of course it's better than luchs. Ostwind is a T3 AA vehicle that is more deadly than ISU and Brummbar against infantry and could shoot down planes for a cost cheaper than P4. No denial that Centaur is also better than Cromwell for example, but not to this level and it takes quite a lot longer to get one because brits need mandatory sidegrades for their infantry to fight.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS