Login

russian armor

Maxim redesign redirect thread

PAGES (7)down
29 Aug 2019, 15:49 PM

Self bump...
Also. New route for discussion:

Adding a munitions cost to the maxim
I've played a few mods where team weapons have a munitions cost associated with them and assuming the maxim actually performs well, a munitions cost could help stem a maxim spam from reaching mass before it can be managed. It would force cons to be intigrated to the build and then they eat up pop cap which leaves less room for more maxims.
29 Aug 2019, 16:37 PM

Self bump...
Also. New route for discussion:

Adding a munitions cost to the maxim
I've played a few mods where team weapons have a munitions cost associated with them and assuming the maxim actually performs well, a munitions cost could help stem a maxim spam from reaching mass before it can be managed. It would force cons to be intigrated to the build and then they eat up pop cap which leaves less room for more maxims.

Super interested in this idea. The right numbers could allow for a great maxim that is literally unspammable

At least it seems that way in concept!
29 Aug 2019, 17:37 PM

or again u could increase the set up time and increase suppression making it similar to other mgs ?

an increase in set up time will stop it from being a moved and is more vulnerable to flank
29 Aug 2019, 21:21 PM

or again u could increase the set up time and increase suppression making it similar to other mgs ?

an increase in set up time will stop it from being a moved and is more vulnerable to flank

Makes logical sense to design it that way instead.

29 Aug 2019, 21:23 PM

delete
29 Aug 2019, 21:37 PM

You wanna increase the cone too? .50 and dshk are only other mgs with same cone or smaller, and they already setup way faster than maxim. You increase the setup time any more, that cone should get buffed too

Price increase included
29 Aug 2019, 22:08 PM

You wanna increase the cone too? .50 and dshk are only other mgs with same cone or smaller, and they already setup way faster than maxim. You increase the setup time any more, that cone should get buffed too

Price increase included

It already costs 280mp, anymore and it'll be worst performing, most expensive stock hmg.
29 Aug 2019, 22:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 22:08 PMKatitof

It already costs 280mp, anymore and it'll be worst performing, most expensive stock hmg.

Maxim is 260
29 Aug 2019, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 22:08 PMKatitof

:snfPeter:
29 Aug 2019, 22:16 PM

Price increase included
cone can stay the same it still has 6 men and fast tear down time , if u want to increase the cone then u get less suppression tho
29 Aug 2019, 22:18 PM

Maxim is 260

My bad then, no idea why that number stuck in my head instead.
29 Aug 2019, 22:23 PM

cone can stay the same it still has 6 men and fast tear down time , if u want to increase the cone then u get less suppression tho

Deathloop makes the 6 men meaningless pretty often

Why does cone increase=less suppression? No thanks, ill take both. I'm already proposing increasing its cost, and currently its already underpeforming for cost

If you can make the maxim teleport ill also take 4 men in a heartbeat. According to relic it cant be done
29 Aug 2019, 22:29 PM

Deathloop makes the 6 men meaningless pretty often

Why does cone increase=less suppression? No thanks, ill take both. I'm already proposing increasing its cost, and currently its already underpeforming for cost

If you can make the maxim teleport ill also take 4 men in a heartbeat. According to relic it cant be done
no need to increase the cost, too much and we will have problem, just increasing suppression while making set up same as other mg should be enough

it has 90 degrees (other MGs have 90-120 degrees)

29 Aug 2019, 22:49 PM

it has 90 degrees (other MGs have 90-120 degrees)

And all other MGs have better suppression. The maxim packs up fast, which is good because its awful and constantly needs to be retreated. If they make it better, they probably dont need the fast pack up anymore
30 Aug 2019, 00:46 AM

And all other MGs have better suppression. The maxim packs up fast, which is good because its awful and constantly needs to be retreated. If they make it better, they probably dont need the fast pack up anymore

If they will remove the fast pack/set up thing I am fine even if they make it 360 degrees. With current set/up time it is a "get 2 of them a move" unit. Not OP definently not saying that fairly countreable after a LV but cancerous as hell. Make it into a Vickers like MG everyone is happy.
30 Aug 2019, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 00:46 AMJilet

With current set/up time it is a "get 2 of them a move" unit. Not OP definently not saying that fairly countreable after a LV but cancerous as hell.

I dont disagree, it was even worse when it setup fast too. Back then people would build 4+ and troll around the map

With all the opinions on this forum I dont think theres anybody who wants old maxim back

30 Aug 2019, 03:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 00:46 AMJilet

If they will remove the fast pack/set up thing I am fine even if they make it 360 degrees. With current set/up time it is a "get 2 of them a move" unit. Not OP definently not saying that fairly countreable after a LV but cancerous as hell. Make it into a Vickers like MG everyone is happy.

See that's the thing though. In its current state you NEED to move 2 around because 1 won't stop the enemy like other MGs will. It's not not really a 6 man MG for 260 its a 12 man MG for 520 because anything less and you might as well be using a combat engineer.
My aim it to make it so not only is the maxim good enough that you don't NEED to move them in pairs to manage basic MG functionality but also make it so you couldn't feasibly do it even if you want to. A mobile maxim is critical for being able to support cons so I don't want the 18 minute set up that some people want to justify it being good enough to use. I want some sort of mechanic that reinforces that it's a support weapon not a front line infantry squad despite its high crew count..

The maxim has a special role that is extremely difficult to balance right if it's treated like other MGs. It's not like other MGs and should be treated as such.
30 Aug 2019, 08:19 AM

ppl should really think of it in this way.... if conscripts are not meant to do damage... and so arent maxims... and mortars were nerfed soo hard that they cant do it anyways... then how the hell do you propose soviet T2 to deal any sort of damage whatsoever?

sov T2 remains the least viable build ingame for that reason alone... (even worse than ost)

it simply cant deal damage
30 Aug 2019, 08:43 AM

"radio network" for cons and maxims buffing each other to achieve a situation where 2 minuses result in a plus :sibHyena:
30 Aug 2019, 08:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 08:43 AMKatitof
"radio network" for cons and maxims buffing each other to achieve a situation where 2 minuses result in a plus :sibHyena:

that may not be a bad idea... to give an additive bonus to the maxim per nearby conscript and a negative bonus per nearby maxim...

but ofc the base maxim would still need a buff regardless
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight