Login

russian armor

IR halftrack OP in teamgames

17 Aug 2019, 11:52 AM

On top of it the IRHT reveals camouflaged units too. They should do the same with it as they did to Valentine. Give it additional direct sight when set up in recon modus. That way OKW would have a nondoctrinal but somehow normal and realistic recon unit.

This alien technology beam it has at the moment is unrealistic as hell even by modern standards and as far off from the real IRHT as anyhow possible.

OKW already has the best doctrinal sight tool in this game and that one is uncounterable on top of it all. It can't be shoot down and give consistent sight over a large area. Perfect for team games especially when combined with artillery or loiters.
17 Aug 2019, 15:11 PM

increase cost, remove the detection thing, give it a MG and allow it to shoot out flares for a munition cost
20 Aug 2019, 12:07 PM

devils advocate.

maybe stop camping in your spot and play aggresive, so okw and his friends can´t setup his camp too?
20 Aug 2019, 12:08 PM

its not like people cry when allies setup simcity.
20 Aug 2019, 21:13 PM

devils advocate.

maybe stop camping in your spot and play aggresive, so okw and his friends can´t setup his camp too?

Thing is, you don't have to be stationary to show up. Ivs caught flanks before using the IRHT because it swept over them. As long as they are within the sweep it doesn't matter.
20 Aug 2019, 21:14 PM

its not like people cry when allies setup simcity.

Yes. Yes they do. That's why it has been nerfed almost out of the game (and rightfully so)
21 Aug 2019, 02:54 AM

devils advocate.

Funny how this is exactly what I used to say about the pack howitzer. Maybe all the Pack Howie really needed for balancing was 5 fuel added to the price?
21 Aug 2019, 05:49 AM

The only real thing that bothers me about IRHT is the fact that it can be aiming straight at a wall or a forest and yet it still can detect enemy units (i know, to implement a more realistic IR recon is too complicated) and that makes IRHT very cheesy.

I dont agree of it being OP, because its a dedicated unit for recon-only pruposes, even T70 can toggle out of its recon mode to become a nightmare on tracks.
Teamgames often exploit units synergy to the extreme, a single ambulance can resupply and heal all its allied squads, OST CPz4 or even scoped 222s can push out the limits of 1v1 balance. I suggest to take 4v4s balance with a grain of salt because its too damn hard and its more important the match enjoyment overall rather than a single unit contributing too much its team.

If you want a sensible fix, make IRHT require a clear line of sight to be able to recon units, its not a radar. IIRC IRHT also warned the player on the minimap with red spots. I would suggest to remove that feature, to force the player to actively watch along the sweep of the IR
21 Aug 2019, 06:06 AM

Maybe you are getting matched with bad players :)

I look everyday high rank match replays...its really underused and u will dont see it more often like i said.
21 Aug 2019, 13:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The only real thing that bothers me about IRHT is the fact that it can be aiming straight at a wall or a forest and yet it still can detect enemy units (i know, to implement a more realistic IR recon is too complicated) and that makes IRHT very cheesy.

I dont agree of it being OP, because its a dedicated unit for recon-only pruposes, even T70 can toggle out of its recon mode to become a nightmare on tracks.
Teamgames often exploit units synergy to the extreme, a single ambulance can resupply and heal all its allied squads, OST CPz4 or even scoped 222s can push out the limits of 1v1 balance. I suggest to take 4v4s balance with a grain of salt because its too damn hard and its more important the match enjoyment overall rather than a single unit contributing too much its team.

If you want a sensible fix, make IRHT require a clear line of sight to be able to recon units, its not a radar. IIRC IRHT also warned the player on the minimap with red spots. I would suggest to remove that feature, to force the player to actively watch along the sweep of the IR

That is not why it's broken. The reason why it's banned in tournaments it's because it's pretty common that units which have been swept will remain spotted FOREVER after certain conditions are met. You basically have a literal maphack.

The mechanic itself (sweeping beam that spot things) is broken (in the sense that it's bugged) and it's one of the reasons why it was removed from the Valentine after it's rework.

There's also a different bug which makes the beam remain static in one direction, but i don't think it's worth the effort ingame to try to do so.
21 Aug 2019, 16:37 PM

devils advocate.

hahahahahAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

you dont know how the IRHT works and the inherent bug tied to it do you? the unit should be deleted from the game, its banned in tournaments for a reason.
21 Aug 2019, 18:13 PM

Can the devs change the IRHT to make it give true vision but in a narrower arc? Make it sweep like the IR beam and let the player 'remember' when it spotted something.

If the vision arc is narrow enough it wont be of use for tank spotting and thats my point
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS