Login

russian armor

IR halftrack OP in teamgames

15 Aug 2019, 23:49 PM

It is no secret that the axis are generally stronger in team games, shown by the win rate and percentage of players matchmaking into them in 3v3s and 4v4s. But out of all things, the IR halftrack just boggles my mind.
It has baffling range and arc, 1 or 2 of them behind a sight blocker can give vision over most of enemy troops, allowing stukas and nebels to hit units deep behind enemy lines with pinpoint accuracy. They can hardly be countered because of their range and even if you kill one, big whop, the are cheap as and hell you can just make more, especially considering late game.
I was hoping it could be adjusted since there is a big balance patch comming soon. I haven't thought much about ways to change it, but maybe the player should pay more for extended vision (like an upgrade bought with ammo) or make it an ability with a cooldown?
16 Aug 2019, 05:22 AM

Yeah that unit is straight up retarded. Either people don't know how to use it properly and call it useless or DO know how to use it but still say it's useless to downplay just how OP it is. Who needs maphacks when you can just buy one of the cheapest unit's in the game and call it a day.

Edit: aerafield makes a great point I forgot about. You'd think a unit that gets banned regularly in tournaments would be saying something.
16 Aug 2019, 05:28 AM

It really should at least be more expensive than the ambulance.
16 Aug 2019, 06:00 AM

It is top tier idiocy and one of the last remaining truly 'broken' concepts from early OKW. It was always painfully obvious they never thought about how OKW would work outside 1v1. Just look at their old fuel system... when fuel drops and caxhes exist. I sure don't miss the old OKW feed KT rush.

Remove it or make it only offer minimap info. And drop its current hp. Its a 5 fuel unit in an army that can salvage wrecks for pete's sake.
16 Aug 2019, 06:27 AM

it is so OP that u will see it only in 2 from 10 games.
16 Aug 2019, 09:35 AM

maybe that has to do with most OKW 4v4 players being quite... horrible...

and no alot of people actually use the IRHT in teamgames... i know i always do...

btw why do u OKW babies scream about the valentine but when the IRHT is mentioned your hypocrisy immediately begins to show?
16 Aug 2019, 10:09 AM

Maybe you are getting matched with bad players :)
16 Aug 2019, 10:11 AM

U know this is the second thread about it

Don’t spam
16 Aug 2019, 10:13 AM

U know this is the second thread about it

Don’t spam
The IRHT must've blinded me
16 Aug 2019, 10:45 AM

OKW is pretty much a faction that really focus too much on recon areas than on more essential departments.

Reasons why Rak failed in design of being a decent AT role unit is because of the heavy focus on the Recon department. That really killed its definitive role.

Kubel has recon, that is why it was possibly crap for some time. Still think it could be removed for something else instead like maxims ability "Sustained fire". Would make it different and more suitable.In med base having another recon unit which is the IR halftrack.

3 units fills more the roles of recon than they actually do in performing their actual AT and AI roles.

Rak failed in being proper AT as it was clearly designed more for recon (which really sucks). Kubel failed in being a proper support unit because of the recon ability. Although it is better now than it used to be.

IR Halftrack maybe should be replaced for some other unit. It is really not used that often, only in team games just sometimes. It is still 1/3 a chance you even encounter IRHT just in team games. Not that common at all.

More reason to replace it with something that has more use especially in game mods like 1v1 and 2v2.

I would like to use medbase more often but it really lacks choices. Somtimes there is really only 1 choice to pick from depending on the map and scenario.

IRHT should be doctrinal. There should be some other unit instead to perform in the roles of AI or something

Any suggestions for which unit should be there instead?
16 Aug 2019, 19:20 PM

OKW is pretty much a faction that really focus too much on recon areas than on more essential departments.

Reasons why Rak failed in design of being a decent AT role unit is because of the heavy focus on the Recon department. That really killed its definitive role.

Kubel has recon, that is why it was possibly crap for some time. Still think it could be removed for something else instead like maxims ability "Sustained fire". Would make it different and more suitable.In med base having another recon unit which is the IR halftrack.

3 units fills more the roles of recon than they actually do in performing their actual AT and AI roles.

Rak failed in being proper AT as it was clearly designed more for recon (which really sucks). Kubel failed in being a proper support unit because of the recon ability. Although it is better now than it used to be.

IR Halftrack maybe should be replaced for some other unit. It is really not used that often, only in team games just sometimes. It is still 1/3 a chance you even encounter IRHT just in team games. Not that common at all.

More reason to replace it with something that has more use especially in game mods like 1v1 and 2v2.

I would like to use medbase more often but it really lacks choices. Somtimes there is really only 1 choice to pick from depending on the map and scenario.

IRHT should be doctrinal. There should be some other unit instead to perform in the roles of AI or something

Your posts are almost unreadable because of all the bold, italics and underlining.
16 Aug 2019, 22:06 PM

Your posts are almost unreadable because of all the bold, italics and underlining.

I would like to use medbase more often but it really lacks choices. Sometimes there is really only 1 choice to pick from depending on the map and scenario.

Is it better now without the bold, italics and underlining?
16 Aug 2019, 22:18 PM

Kubel used to be a suppression platform lmao. Never was really intended from its inception to be a recon unit.

Rak is clearly not designed for recon either; it's an AT gun that just happens to have access to some cheesy BS in live that they're going to fix now.

I actually like going medhq, I like to actually have healing and leigs are solid, and I really like the flaktrack too, but I understand I'm in a minority there lol. It is a little clunky but overall a great unit; puts out great damage and has smoke to help it survive.

IRHT on the other hand is a stupid unbalanced unit that needs a rework more than just being made doctrinal.
16 Aug 2019, 22:31 PM

Thats because the majority of casual players have lack of knowledge about it. They dont know how closet OP it actually is, they dont know about its insane maphack bug.

Due to medic HQs being kinda irrelevant in the current 1v1 meta, the popular streamers dont really know about the IR HT either. It's also banned in most tournaments on Twitch
---> many people dont know about the unit (which is good)
16 Aug 2019, 22:33 PM

Kubel used to be a suppression platform lmao. Never was really intended from its inception to be a recon unit.

You... are aware of what kubel vet1 does and that its there since forever?

@Balanced_Gamer just because a faction is bloated with units that grant sight/intel advantage doesn't mean these are recon units. Kubel inherited that role through redesigns, but the only REAL recon for OKW stock army is IRHT.
16 Aug 2019, 22:36 PM

Thats because the majority of casual players have lack of knowledge about it. They dont know how closet OP it actually is, they dont know about its insane maphack bug.

Due to medic HQs being kinda irrelevant in the current 1v1 meta, the popular streamers dont really know about the IR HT either. It's also banned in most tournaments on Twitch
---> many people dont know about the unit (which is good)

Just saying that many do not about it, it is just something really to laugh about. :lolol:

16 Aug 2019, 22:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 22:33 PMKatitof

@Balanced_Gamer just because a faction is bloated with units that grant sight/intel advantage doesn't mean these are recon units. Kubel inherited that role through redesigns, but the only REAL recon for OKW stock army is IRHT.

Of course.

Though, you cant deny, Rak is very a chessy unit because of its ("the one ring" disguise) mobile camo ability is terribly designed.

Granting free sight (free recon ability) and pure backstabbing abilities which is batshit frustratingly designed. For both Axis and Allies.

Mostly filled the recon role along with cheeky designs.

Still a pretty shitty AT support weapon though but good at being cheesy/cheeky.

Good thing that it is going to be changed to fill better the boots of a proper AT support unit instead.

Kubel Map Detection is pretty acceptable. It is somewhat a decent, not overwhelming, but functions fine, dont you think?

Kubel plays a definitely a decent role as support and harrasing (not so much in team games however)

The real recon master and knows it all kind of unit is undeniably the IRHT (Eye of Sauron).

16 Aug 2019, 23:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 22:33 PMKatitof

Yeah but it was originally designed as a suppression platform. Just saying it wasn't meant solely for recon at first.
17 Aug 2019, 11:19 AM

From what I've gathered from this and last IRHT thread, it seems most agree it should be changed somehow. Is there some other way to raise awareness about it so that balance team could pick it up? I'd be guessing they watch this forum, but still...
17 Aug 2019, 11:29 AM

IRHT is good no doubt but OKW has no real recon in their stock units besides IRHT (with the changes to raketen it will be even more obvious).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 197
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak