Login

russian armor

Need help to understand the patch note

15 Aug 2019, 10:43 AM

Tiger II:
AOE distance from 1/2/3 to 0/1/4
AOE damage from 1/0.35/0.05 to 0.75/0.25/0.125
Scatter angle from 7.5 to 5.

What is AOE distance, AOE damage, Scatter angle ? what's those three value means? 1/2/3

Sturm Offizier:
Veterancy 4: -29% Received Accuracy

What is negative Received Accuracy?

Cromwell:
Target size from 22 to 20

what is Target Size?

Sniper:
Wind down increased from 4 to 4.5.

what is Wind down?

Command Panzer IV:
Aura damage reduction modifier from 0.8 to 0.9, as was previously intended.

What is Aura damage?
15 Aug 2019, 10:50 AM

AOE distance is size of blast, damage is how much damage it does.
scatter angle is at what angle it scatters from the barrel.
the Three values is for near, mid and far range.

Recived accuracy, you can think of it like armour, take that much less damage.

Target size, makes it harder to hit the model, i.e. more misses if smaller.

Command P4, buffs slightly less.
15 Aug 2019, 10:53 AM

Tiger II:

What is AOE distance, AOE damage, Scatter angle ? what's those three value means? 1/2/3

AOE is Area of Effect, which in simple terms, is how big the explosion damage of the shell is. A KT shell deals 240 damage.
AOE distance is how far the damage of the shell reaches.
AOE damage is how much of that 240 damage it deals at which AOE distance.
So for example, at range 2, the damage the shell will do to infantry is 240x0.25=60.

Scatter angle is how far the shell can deviate to the left or the right of the point that the tank is aiming at. A smaller scatter angle will mean when the tank misses a shot, the shells will land closer to the target than before (thus increasing the chance to still deal some damage).

Sturm Offizier:

In short: infantry have a target size (most somewhere between 0.8 and 1.09). Accuracy of weapons is multiplied with the target size of the unit they fire on, this gives some squads better durability than others. Received Accuracy is a veterancy modifier that improves (lowers) target size. So in simple terms, it makes the unit harder to hit for other units.

Cromwell:

what is Target Size?

Same as with infantry, target size is what anti-tank weapons' accuracy is multiplied with to determine the chance to hit. The lower the target size, the harder to hit the vehicle is.
For example: Raketen accuracy on max range is 0.04, so when firing on a Cromwell (20), the Raketen now has 0.04x20=0.8 or 80% accuracy.

Sniper:

what is Wind down?

Wind Down is basically just one of the stats that determines how long a unit takes between shots.

Command Panzer IV:

What is Aura damage?

Damage reduction is a modifier that makes incoming damage deal less damage. So for example, an average anti-tank gun shell deals 160 damage, so with the damage reduction it would only deal 160x0.8=128 damage. It gives units more effective hitpoints. An aura means that it applies this effect to all units within a certain distance around it.
15 Aug 2019, 10:58 AM

Higher aoe number > better damage

Lower scatter > more chance to hit squad

Less RA > less chance to be hit by rifle shoot

Less Target size > same as above but for tank

Wind down is the time it take for a unit to start reloading, like a pause

Cp4 gives a 10 % less damage recived to unit near it, (pretty useless now tho )
15 Aug 2019, 11:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tiger II:

damage is a multiplier to the cannon damage, distance is the distance from the impact point. There are near, mid and far reference points.
So for example for the Tiger as above it means that the Tiger does 75% damage (multiplier = 0,75) at 0 meters, 25% damage at 1 meter and 12,5% at 4 meters. So if you calculate the AoE damage 1 meter from the impact, it would be gun 160*0,25 = 40 damage (160 is the base damage of the gun).
All other points (for example 3 meters etc) are interpolated.

Maybe have a look at that: https://i.imgur.com/VX4rtJy.jpg

Scatter is a parameter that determines by how far the tank will miss if it does not hit the intended spot. Higher means the shot will land further off.

Sturm Offizier:

Received accuracy (RA) is a modifier to modify the chance of being hit. So if a Gren would have a weapon accuracy of 50% (so every second shot hits), then this is modified by the RA of the targeted squad. If the targeted squad would have a RA of 2, then it would be hit with 50%*2 = 100% chance. Negatve RA means that the squad becomes better. For example if the base RA would be 1 and the vet bonus like above -29% RA, then the squad would have 0,71 RA left.
Cover for example gives you reduced RA as well. Less is of course better.

Cromwell:

what is Target Size?

Basically RA for tanks.
The chance to hit is calculated as:

base accuracy*target size*RA

the base accuracy depends on the distance. Tanks have base accuracies of about 2-5%. So if we assume a tank with 2% base accuracy shots at the new Cromwell, the Cromwell would have a natural chance to be hit in 2%*20 = 40% of all shots.
"Unnatural" hits are if the game calculates a miss, but the target is still hit due to projectile collision with hit boxes.

Sniper:

what is Wind down?

As far as I know it's one of the times that is needed after the Sniper has taken a shot. The chance above will decrease the ROF by half a second.

Command Panzer IV:

What is Aura damage?

All allied tanks near the Command P4 in vertain range will receive lower damage. So the Command P4 has an "aura" around it where it buffs tanks. And these tanks will only receive 90% of the damage now that they're supposed to get, unlike 80% as previously.
15 Aug 2019, 11:47 AM

damage is a multiplier to the cannon damage, distance is the distance from the impact point. There are near, mid and far reference points.
So for example for the Tiger as above it means that the Tiger does 75% damage (multiplier = 0,75) at 0 meters, 25% damage at 1 meter and 12,5% at 4 meters. So if you calculate the AoE damage 1 meter from the impact, it would be gun 160*0,25 = 40 damage (160 is the base damage of the gun).
All other points (for example 3 meters etc) are interpolated.

Maybe have a look at that: https://i.imgur.com/VX4rtJy.jpg

Scatter is a parameter that determines by how far the tank will miss if it does not hit the intended spot. Higher means the shot will land further off.

Received accuracy (RA) is a modifier to modify the chance of being hit. So if a Gren would have a weapon accuracy of 50% (so every second shot hits), then this is modified by the RA of the targeted squad. If the targeted squad would have a RA of 2, then it would be hit with 50%*2 = 100% chance. Negatve RA means that the squad becomes better. For example if the base RA would be 1 and the vet bonus like above -29% RA, then the squad would have 0,71 RA left.
Cover for example gives you reduced RA as well. Less is of course better.

Thanks for you answer, I appreciate it.

From 0 to 4 meter it seems close range for me. How come 0 Meter is determined as near range and 4 meter is far?

If Negative RA makes the unit harder to get by other units. Then doesn't it more negative RA add more damage resistance to my unit? How come less negative add more resistance. Sorry I'm little confused.

I mean -29 is less negative and -90 more negative.
15 Aug 2019, 11:49 AM

AOE is Area of Effect, which in simple terms, is how big the explosion damage of the shell is. A KT shell deals 240 damage.
AOE distance is how far the damage of the shell reaches.
AOE damage is how much of that 240 damage it deals at which AOE distance.
So for example, at range 2, the damage the shell will do to infantry is 240x0.25=60.

Scatter angle is how far the shell can deviate to the left or the right of the point that the tank is aiming at. A smaller scatter angle will mean when the tank misses a shot, the shells will land closer to the target than before (thus increasing the chance to still deal some damage).

Thank you mate for your answer. do you know where can I get the latest DPS sheet?
15 Aug 2019, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thanks for you answer, I appreciate it.

From 0 to 4 meter it seems close range for me. How come 0 Meter is determined as near range and 4 meter is far?

If Negative RA makes the unit harder to get by other units. Then doesn't it more negative RA add more damage resistance to my unit? How come less negative add more resistance. Sorry I'm little confused.

I mean -29 is less negative and -90 more negative.

You're very welcome.

"near", "mid" and "far" are just names for the reference points. It has nothing to do with general discussions about "close range combat" etc.
It just means that at this distance, the damage has to drop off to a certain percentage. For the new Tiger, the damage will drop off linearly between 0 and 1 meter from 75% to 25%, and then also linearly to 12,5% at a distance of 4 meters. No damage will be done beyong that. 0 meter is the "near" reference point, 1 is "mid", 4 is "far", nothing special to it.

I think you're getting confused about the modifier itself and then the veterancy bonus.
RA is the modifier for hit chance. Lower is better.
A vet bonus of -20% means that the modifier itself is modified with 0,8. So it lowers the RA which makes the squad harder to hit, therefore more beefy.
Example:
A unit with 0,9 base RA gets a vet bonus of "-20% received accuracy".
This means it's new RA is 0,9*0,8 = 0,72.
15 Aug 2019, 12:42 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Thank you mate for your answer. do you know where can I get the latest DPS sheet?

While not 100% updated, most things haven't change that much.

https://coh2db.com/stats/
15 Aug 2019, 14:07 PM

You're very welcome.

"near", "mid" and "far" are just names for the reference points. It has nothing to do with general discussions about "close range combat" etc.
It just means that at this distance, the damage has to drop off to a certain percentage. For the new Tiger, the damage will drop off linearly between 0 and 1 meter from 75% to 25%, and then also linearly to 12,5% at a distance of 4 meters. No damage will be done beyong that. 0 meter is the "near" reference point, 1 is "mid", 4 is "far", nothing special to it.

I think you're getting confused about the modifier itself and then the veterancy bonus.
RA is the modifier for hit chance. Lower is better.
A vet bonus of -20% means that the modifier itself is modified with 0,8. So it lowers the RA which makes the squad harder to hit, therefore more beefy.
Example:
A unit with 0,9 base RA gets a vet bonus of "-20% received accuracy".
This means it's new RA is 0,9*0,8 = 0,72.

Thanks a million, everything is clear now.
20 Aug 2019, 09:16 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I have one question too:
What does it mean:
"M6 Mine max number of engineers from 2 to 4" (riflemen field defences)
20 Aug 2019, 09:21 AM

I have one question too:
What does it mean:
"M6 Mine max number of engineers from 2 to 4" (riflemen field defences)

It means it will be built 2x faster.

You can select number of entities that will build something.
By default, whole squad will, but in certain cases, as for example soviet tripwire, just 1 model will build it.
20 Aug 2019, 09:27 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 09:21 AMKatitof

It means it will be built 2x faster.

You can select number of entities that will build something.
By default, whole squad will, but in certain cases, as for example soviet tripwire, just 1 model will build it.

Thank you so much
20 Aug 2019, 09:41 AM
Senior Editor Badge

From 0 to 4 meter it seems close range for me.

You probably guessed this by now, but the "distance" in this case is not the distance between the tank and its target but rather the distance between the spot where the shot actually lands and an entity (e.g. a specific soldier).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 40
Germany 12
unknown 2
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L