Login

russian armor

UKF September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
6 Sep 2019, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Sep 2019, 20:18 PMCODGUY
Why is the Bofors a problem again? I must have forgot...are we removing Ostheer's mortar and OKW's LEIG?

MY VolKS Blob DONt HAve Smoke sO ITs OP!!!!!
7 Sep 2019, 02:48 AM

I dont want cromwell to be op like before but i think improve it AI wont broken it. For now, cromwell AI is okish but nowhere near outstanding, more accuracy MG and AOE for main gun will really help. Cromwell main gun use the same HE shells with Sherman so their performance should be close to each other.

+1

I don't think it's AI should be nearly as good as the sherman's but it could stand to go up some.
7 Sep 2019, 02:58 AM

MY VolKS Blob DONt HAve Smoke sO ITs OP!!!!!

I had a game yesterday, take last chance to play advance emplacements regimen before it got removed from the game. I saw two obers, each have two models left, retreat through my bofor and not dropped a single model. I'm pretty sure that the bofor is Woking "as intended".
7 Sep 2019, 06:23 AM

Is it just me or does Comet not have heavy crush like advertised in the patch notes?
7 Sep 2019, 07:24 AM

Is it just me or does Comet not have heavy crush like advertised in the patch notes?

There was an issue where the Comet (and coincidentally also the Sturmtiger) had heavy crush capability but didn't have heavy crush squad AI, so the unit would still try to path around heavy crush objects despite being able to crush them. It will be fixed in the real patch.
7 Sep 2019, 14:41 PM

I had a game yesterday, take last chance to play advance emplacements regimen before it got removed from the game. I saw two obers, each have two models left, retreat through my bofor and not dropped a single model. I'm pretty sure that the bofor is Woking "as intended".

Before the patch it was simply demolishing all in 1 second and you were fapping to it I guess...
7 Sep 2019, 14:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 14:41 PMJilet

Before the patch it was simply demolishing all in 1 second and you were fapping to it I guess...

And you are among the guy who charge bofor by gren without smoke, i guess.
7 Sep 2019, 16:48 PM

If the Bofors nerf isn't proof that balance is skewed towards friggen Wehraboo noobs I don't know what is. Did they nerf the Heavy Panzer HQ flak gun? NOPE!

Yes it was good at killing Axis blobs...and that's a probalem why? It's not like it was mobile, immune to indirect fire, or not limited by a side tech. I rarely even built the thing honestly...I guess rarely now means never going forward. Can we replace it in the tech tree with something else maybe?

I swear to God this community gets off on nerfing Brits every chance it gets.
7 Sep 2019, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 16:48 PMCODGUY

Got that bloody right... It's been that way since the days of Opposing Fronts.

Mind you though, MirageFla said the team might consider the idea of increasing the Bofors to 40 Damage per shot. The Bofors may not be a very deadly threat to infantry anymore but it would be nice if they could still be a threat to vehicles. As of now, it's overall damage has been cut in half with the rate of fire changes, when it's mainly Infantry death people were raving about.

Speaking of which, GOOD LUCK getting this thing to Vet up against a competant player. It's not going to happen. The experiance requirements are just too high.
7 Sep 2019, 17:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 16:48 PMCODGUY
If the Bofors nerf isn't proof that balance is skewed towards friggen Wehraboo noobs I don't know what is. Did they nerf the Heavy Panzer HQ flak gun? NOPE!

The bias is not within the balance but on who is judging what is right or wrong.
'Heavy Panzer HQ' flak gun doesnt require any adjustments thats why its untouched.

Yeah the whole faction was sold independently, it must have been so EZ to use when it got released, but now that doesnt matter anymore, it is now balanced as the original game and the western factions.

Apart from being very disrespectful to developers, can you elaborate something productive?
7 Sep 2019, 18:16 PM

The bias is not within the balance but on who is judging what is right or wrong.
'Heavy Panzer HQ' flak gun doesnt require any adjustments thats why its untouched.

Yeah the whole faction was sold independently, it must have been so EZ to use when it got released, but now that doesnt matter anymore, it is now balanced as the original game and the western factions.

Apart from being very disrespectful to developers, can you elaborate something productive?

Oh I know why they aren't changing the Heavy Panzer HQ, it's because its all part of the great mystique of the powerful and advanced German war machine that some people just love. That's also why they got their nondoctrinal Obersoldaten, King Tiger, starting shock infantry/engineer unit. I'm not gonna lie it's cool but I think it's pretty lame Brits continually and endlessly get nerfs every patch. The Bofors was not a problem, it was just annoying for OKW and Ostheer players because they had to actually invest in indirect fire units or they had to actually be creative but I guess we can't have that.
7 Sep 2019, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 18:16 PMCODGUY
Oh I know why they aren't changing the Heavy Panzer HQ, it's because its all part of the great mystique of the powerful and advanced German war machine that some people just love. That's also why they got their nondoctrinal Obersoldaten, King Tiger, starting shock infantry/engineer unit. I'm not gonna lie it's cool but I think it's pretty lame Brits continually and endlessly get nerfs every patch. The Bofors was not a problem, it was just annoying for OKW and OST Heer players because they had to actually invest in indirect fire units or they had to acrually be creative but I gueas we can't have that.

The nerfs to the Bofors are heavy-handed and tantamount to soft removal, but it's no real loss. Serious UKF play either uses the AEC or skips straight to T2.

What the Bofors nerf achieves is killing off an incredibly unpleasant off-meta strategy without harming UKF's competitiveness. It'll still be a functional unit for compstompers, but it should hopefully exterminate SimCity in automatch.
7 Sep 2019, 19:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 18:22 PMLago

The nerfs to the Bofors are heavy-handed and tantamount to soft removal, but it's no real loss. Serious UKF play either uses the AEC or skips straight to T2.

What the Bofors nerf achieves is killing off an incredibly unpleasant off-meta strategy without harming UKF's competitiveness. It'll still be a functional unit for compstompers, but it should hopefully exterminate SimCity in automatch.

Couldn't agree more. Anything that makes sim city less viable is a good thing.
7 Sep 2019, 19:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Couldn't agree more. Anything that makes sim city less viable is a good thing.

Let this be a lesson for future generations.

This is the kind of unit/Commander which would been fine to release for only PvE style of matches (cof cof Theater of War cof cof), something for that "Hold the door", vs waves of enemies missions.
8 Sep 2019, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Sep 2019, 18:16 PMCODGUY

Oh I know why they aren't changing the Heavy Panzer HQ, it's because its all part of the great mystique of the powerful and advanced German war machine that some people just love. That's also why they got their nondoctrinal Obersoldaten, King Tiger, starting shock infantry/engineer unit. I'm not gonna lie it's cool but I think it's pretty lame Brits continually and endlessly get nerfs every patch. The Bofors was not a problem, it was just annoying for OKW and Ostheer players because they had to actually invest in indirect fire units or they had to actually be creative but I guess we can't have that.

You know UKF was the highest win rate in almost every game mode right ?

For the second part : Bofors was absurd. You could place it 5 mins into the game between a WP and a fuel and it will stay there for at least 5 minutes because if Axis goes for direct counter they will lack units needed the compete with other units of the UKF. I do not believe in anyone claiming that they can "easily" take out a sim city without tanks or tds arrive. If there is someone like that pls come to a 1v1 and lets see how it goes. I play Brits as my allies faction and being able to to deny a big area that easily is a no no.

And for the OKW halftrack : You know it actually costs 135 Fuel and 300 MP ? And if you lose it thats it you lose the game. Also I am pretty sure it had less DPS than a Bofors since its ROF was really low compared to Bofors.

Edit : Bolded.
8 Sep 2019, 12:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2019, 12:28 PMJilet

You know UKF was the highest win rate in almost every game mode right ?

Source?

For the second part : Bofors was absurd. You could place it 5 mins into the game between a WP and a fuel and it will stay there for at least 5 minutes because if Axis goes for direct counter they will lack units needed the compete with other units of the UKF. I do not believe in anyone claiming that they can "easily" take out a sim city without tanks or tds arrive. If there is someone like that pls come to a 1v1 and lets see how it goes. I play Brits as my allies faction and being able to to deny a big area that easily is a no no.

Ok, so lets get it straight.... if Ost goes for couneter to bofors, they won't have enough resources to compete with mobile part of brit force.... but brits paid for that bofors how exactly? Did they got a supply ship from USA, so it was purchase that had no impact on their own resource presence on field? Did they found crate with free 300+ manpower somewhere on field?

And for the OKW halftrack : You know it actually costs 135 Fuel and 300 MP ? And if you lose it thats it you lose the game. Also I am pretty sure it had less DPS than a Bofors since its ROF was really low compared to Bofors.

It actually costs 0 fuel, 0 muni, 0 pop cap and 0 mp, because that's how much you pay in addition to standard tech cost for flak gun.
And contrary to bofors, it does AoE damage.
8 Sep 2019, 15:40 PM

The claim that bofor demolish everything in 1s is purely lie and act as an excuse for axis player that cant hit R hotkey in time the fist time their blob encounter a bofor.

It take on average at least 10s for a bofor to wipe a full heath gren or volk, and i'm talking about the current version of it, tested in cheat mod.

After the fist contact, any thing move in to bofor range and die in there is Simply l2p.
8 Sep 2019, 20:52 PM

The claim that bofor demolish everything in 1s is purely lie and act as an excuse for axis player that cant hit R hotkey in time the fist time their blob encounter a bofor.

It take on average at least 10s for a bofor to wipe a full heath gren or volk, and i'm talking about the current version of it, tested in cheat mod.

After the fist contact, any thing move in to bofor range and die in there is Simply l2p.

If at least one of all the things you said were true... and if it did it would be so meaningless.

I dont get why people got so mad at bofors nerf is it actually pwns noobs...
It has no use against skilled players and is never seen in high skilled UKF Matches
Or is that noobofors users like to build-and-forget, simcity style? :romeoMug:
8 Sep 2019, 21:18 PM

If at least one of all the things you said were true... and if it did it would be so meaningless.

I dont get why people got so mad at bofors nerf is it actually pwns noobs...
It has no use against skilled players and is never seen in high skilled UKF Matches
Or is that noobofors users like to build-and-forget, simcity style? :romeoMug:

Why should UKF players tolerate having units nerfed out of the game while every other faction get reworks and such to restore usefulness? Every faction has the right to be able to use ALL of their arsenal, no exceptions. This very long anti-UKF crusade has to have it's limits. I'm in a favour of a rework of the Bofors, NOT remove it from the game.
8 Sep 2019, 21:28 PM

Why should UKF players tolerate having units nerfed out of the game while every other faction get reworks and such to restore usefulness? Every faction has the right to be able to use ALL of their arsenal, no exceptions. This very long anti-UKF crusade has to have it's limits. I'm in a favour of a rework of the Bofors, NOT remove it from the game.
..... are we talking about he bofors only i hope
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 38
unknown 29
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias