Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
19 Aug 2019, 12:13 PM

What exactly is this based on? The one incredibly wonky test result in Tightrope's video in which a Panther didn't use its range advantage and the KV-1 got remarkably lucky penetration RNG?

ever heard from allies TD? which outrange any panther easily? So here is the deal: kv1 works as fortress and TD / paks safe them vs panthers/ tds.

roll into enemy base..duck in and win.
19 Aug 2019, 12:14 PM

ever heard from allies TD? which outrange any panther easily? So here is the deal: kv1 works as fortress and TD / paks safe them vs panthers/ tds.

So you're saying that a significantly bigger investment in manpower and fuel will hold off a Panther? How game breaking indeed.
19 Aug 2019, 12:17 PM

So you're saying that a significantly bigger investment in manpower and fuel will hold off a Panther? How game breaking indeed.

following tactic:

> smoke enemy army/ base/ whatever u want ..
> drive in with some KV1 and duck in
> battle the enemy to death, because he need ages to kill one kv1...while it can handle alone a panther....even 2 panther would need a tone of time
19 Aug 2019, 12:20 PM
Donator 11

RE: Penals - anticipating that while not mentioned yet they might at some point be considered for 'changes' I'm wondering whether removing/modifiying 'to the last man' should be considered.
19 Aug 2019, 13:54 PM

following tactic:

> smoke enemy army/ base/ whatever u want ..
> drive in with some KV1 and duck in
> battle the enemy to death, because he need ages to kill one kv1...while it can handle alone a panther....even 2 panther would need a tone of time
. >lays literally a single mine
>profits

The kv is supposed to take a beating. It still has a t34 gun so any pens on even a p4 at range is lucky.
19 Aug 2019, 14:17 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I liked the KV-1 we have now. It had a very niche role where it could beat p4s if you catch your opponet off guard. Now it seems kinda like a no brainer if you have it in your doc. Kinda makes the t34 obselete aside from ram combos. Apparently other people do not like the current KV-1.

I do think it's too durable in hulldown in the mod though. Its repair time, which is modified heavily since it has a received damage modifier of 0.8, and then another 0.8 in hulldown plus the new CE repair time bonus from sweepers, I think will make the time able to kill the tank vs the time to repair it too large of a gap.

I think the tank should lose its received damage modifier in either hulldown or overall but not both.
19 Aug 2019, 14:37 PM

I think a realistic situation with the KV1 might be 1 KV1 and 1 OKW P4 and a raketen. I don't think the P4 and raketen have any chance of dislodging a Kv1 in hull down as is, that will lead to quite a few headaches and ultimately too much investment in AT from the Axis player to justify a vet 1 ability.

1. Hull down must be very strong, as you sacrifice moving or it will never be used, though in fairness this one only takes 5 seconds to activate.

2. -15% reload and 20% damage reduction is an enormous vet1 bonus, Compare to radio net -10% reload. +5 sight, or stuart +25% sight, volk 10% RA ect. Of course it does have to be strong, it's immobile.

I suggest making a passive ability such as -10% reload and +5 sight in friendly territory, not going fo this hull down ability. This is simply because the tank already has damage resistance, If it were another tank this ability might be great, but the KV1 is already a good damage sponge, allow vet1 to give some utility instead. I think friendly territory passive is something we don't really have and might be a neat new addition, whatever the stats or numbers if hull down is too hard to balance (mostly b/c we only get so many tries to go live with the quarterly patches)

I do think making hull down function like this with perhaps reduced bonuses could make it good on ostheer tanks and less of a meme if the #'s get balanced.
19 Aug 2019, 14:55 PM

Perhaps Tightrope should leave the anecdotal tests if the forums are going to discuss balance around them. RNG is a tricky thing you know. :luvArmy:

Here's a slightly larger sample size of 9 at 35 range, no closer because no sane Axis player would do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKMxUSuk2g4

The Panther will come out on top the majority of times, even when not using its superior range and mobility.

Also note the damaged engine bug around 1:10. @BalanceTeam
19 Aug 2019, 15:20 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

What if we gave the KV-1 a smokeshell like the cromwell at vet 1 instead? Soviets do not have that many smoke dispensers. I think it would be good utility and even help with destroying flakbases.
19 Aug 2019, 15:43 PM

Perhaps Tightrope should leave the anecdotal tests if the forums are going to discuss balance around them. RNG is a tricky thing you know. :luvArmy:

Here's a slightly larger sample size of 9 at 35 range, no closer because no sane Axis player would do that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKMxUSuk2g4

The Panther will come out on top the majority of times, even when not using its superior range and mobility.

Also note the damaged engine bug around 1:10. @BalanceTeam

The thing is panther cost more-more and popcap sink.
100 pen vs 260 armor should be more favourable of ost tanks besides. Rng bug with hulldown ?

This so going to break team game
19 Aug 2019, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 15:43 PMmrgame2

The thing is panther cost more-more and popcap sink.
100 pen vs 260 armor should be more favourable of ost tanks besides. Rng bug with hulldown ?

This so going to break team game

Ever heard of Churchill? It has 40% more effective HP than KV-1 and does not require any hulldowns, so far team games are still not broken by it.
19 Aug 2019, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 15:57 PMKirrik

Ever heard of Churchill? It has 40% more effective HP than KV-1 and does not require any hulldowns, so far team games are still not broken by it.

Churchill is getting pop cap increased to 18.
I think it has in 2v2, not broken but overly performance.

This cheaper kv1 and su85 looks worrying for ost
19 Aug 2019, 16:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 15:59 PMmrgame2

And KV-1 still a bad Churchill, just more useful now as opposed to being pointless waste of resources.
19 Aug 2019, 16:26 PM

What if we gave the KV-1 a smokeshell like the cromwell at vet 1 instead? Soviets do not have that many smoke dispensers. I think it would be good utility and even help with destroying flakbases.

That would be pretty fun. Counterattack, Conscript support, Guard rifle, are all about combined arms tactics and the smokeshell could do a lot to support that.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 16:02 PMKirrik

And KV-1 still a bad Churchill, just more useful now as opposed to being pointless waste of resources.

From what I saw in balance mod the Kv1's MG buffs make it a good deal better than the Churchill vs infantry, especially with the grenade to vet1 nerf. (though throwing it into hull down -15% reload may have affected that)
19 Aug 2019, 16:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 15:59 PMmrgame2

Cheaper SU-85? Its unchanged...
19 Aug 2019, 16:39 PM

Soviet smoke shells used yellow phosphorus, so it could be the United States, Britain phosphorus shells but just slowing down soldiers without damage and there could be a small grenade effect - all of that in the shell was 80 grams of TNT which gave shards. I think the T-34 (both) should also get a smoke shell.

During the siege of Sevostopl, German sodates very much complained about the quality of their mortar smoke mines, their smoke was not dense and complained that the Soviet smoke mines had good dense and poisonous smoke.
19 Aug 2019, 20:46 PM

load of horse doodoo here

Ok, explain to us mr.pro, how an immobile 40 range unit is beating your very mobile 50 range unit?
You screech constantly about allied TDs having no problems against panther as well, yet panther is more mobile then them, could you show us the spectacular failure scenario you're drawing where basically a 40 range emplacement wins vs 50 range unit?
19 Aug 2019, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 20:46 PMKatitof

Ok, explain to us mr.pro, how an immobile 40 range unit is beating your very mobile 50 range unit?
You screech constantly about allied TDs having no problems against panther as well, yet panther is more mobile then them, could you show us the spectacular failure scenario you're drawing where basically a 40 range emplacement wins vs 50 range unit?

There is a balance issue between the chair and keyboard perhaps? @modteam is that something you can buff?
20 Aug 2019, 06:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Aug 2019, 16:38 PMgbem

Cheaper SU-85? Its unchanged...

I mean cheaper than FF.
This is Sov 1-2 combo works worrying against Ost, like Brit already have.
20 Aug 2019, 07:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2019, 06:23 AMmrgame2

I mean cheaper than FF.
This is Sov 1-2 combo works worrying against Ost, like Brit already have.

That combo is cheaper, because it doesn't work anywhere near as good.
KV while durable, is nowhere near churchil level.
SU-85 might have better raw DPS then FF, but it lacks turret and burst on demand if you actually want to kill the target.

If you want to displace dug in KV-1, AT guns are perfect units, no amount of SU-85 behind that KV will defend it from ATGs.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight