Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
14 Aug 2019, 19:49 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Only for Soviets

Soviets
14 Aug 2019, 20:00 PM

maxim will still fail to suppress squad coming straight for it, buff the suppression nerf the set up time

the cons changes are welcome but again does not fix their early problem and penals being so much better

partisan changes still fail to address the enormous reinforce cost, allow cons to merge in to them

still no changes to penal, so we will still see penal spam, they just made it easier to back tech for at guns if needed

happy for the kv1 and is2 vet change finally something unique
14 Aug 2019, 20:21 PM

SU-76 now like old ostwind in terms of popularity. It need rework. IMHO better split SU-76 on 2 separate upgrades:
1. Infantry support - decreased ROF, decreased pen (far -30 mid -20 close -10). Regular barrage becomes free, got new for muni cost "Supporting Fire" acts like JT ability. Regular barrage and ability have shared cooldown. Can be set up to Artillery mode - acts like pak howi or leig, have the same abilities (smoke and regular barrage). After packu-up have the same debuff to mobility like su-85 after focus mode.
2. AT support - Stealth (like in AT hunters doc +20% accuracy, +20% penetration, -80% rotation movement), increased pen (far +10 mid +10) and 160 damage on vet2 instead 140. Timed ability to light up enemy armor (like soviet baby-at gun have). Regular barrage fires only 2 shells and cost 45 muni.
14 Aug 2019, 20:23 PM

Cons need instead flare mines "Fasten sandbag" in vet1. Passive ability - decreased time to build sandbag on 40%.
14 Aug 2019, 20:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 20:23 PMMaret
Cons need instead flare mines "Fasten sandbag" in vet1. Passive ability - decreased time to build sandbag on 40%.
what are u talking about ? flare mines are super efficient, they easily wipe green for 60 muni
14 Aug 2019, 20:33 PM

what are u talking about ? flare mines are super efficient, they easily wipe green for 60 muni

That's why i almost never saw how pro-players used this "OP" ability. Maximum 1-2 flare mine in the whole game (4 cons+ 2 engeeners and 2 flare mine in the whole game - very popular ability). Regular mine much better. I think you saw how in 1vs1 champ 1 tm-35 killed 4 wounded pgrens with srecks and CPrice lost the game. Engeeners have flare mine, more than enough.
I told it some time ago - flare mines is heritage of old, cold times, when blizzard mechanic was default. It gave to SU good vision when blizzard started and darkness came. But now it's just "never used" by regular players ability, like medkits for grens.
14 Aug 2019, 20:36 PM

I dont have the excact price but 60 muni wrong. Its about 15 muni per trip wire flare. They nerfed it wiping a full squad a while back. Now its either not garanteeing a model kill or only one model max.
14 Aug 2019, 20:38 PM

Maxim need seriously increased suppresion on near-mid zone. It also ridiculuos when the worstest in terms of suppresion HMG in game, have narrow cone of fire, while the better mg-42 or vickers wide. I don't mind, if far-mid suppresion still weak, but increase cone of fire and suppresion in near zone, to prevent frontal grenades.
Flanking must be only real counter to HMG (if you use infantry for it), not frontal push. It's annoying as hell, when you got flame-grenade in your face and die in deathlooping. Or frontal grenades from grens, because range of rifle grenade higher, you can even with yellow suppresed squad throw grenade to maxim.
14 Aug 2019, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 20:38 PMMaret
Maxim need seriously increased suppresion on near-mid zone. It also ridiculuos when the worstest in terms of suppresion HMG in game, have narrow cone of fire, while the better mg-42 or vickers wide. I don't mind, if far-mid suppresion still weak, but increase cone of fire and suppresion in near zone, to prevent frontal grenades.
Flanking must be only real counter to HMG (if you use infantry for it), not frontal push. It's annoying as hell, when you got flame-grenade in your face and die in deathlooping. Or frontal grenades from grens, because range of rifle grenade higher, you can even with yellow suppresed squad throw grenade to maxim.

I agree 100% on this. The deathloop imo completely negates the extra 160 hp. The bad supressing makes deathlooping while engaged frontaly happen to often.
14 Aug 2019, 20:55 PM

Cons should have merging with partisans. Partisans in bigger they part were former soldiers of Red Army or special agents with special equipment and training. Why you can't merge cons with them? Cons didn't get body armor, only ppsh.
14 Aug 2019, 21:02 PM

Why do Con PPSh/PTRS even have CP requirements at this point?
They get only 3 of them per squad and they are roughly equal assgren MP40, who have 5 of them and available straight from beginning of the game.
There are also assengies with 5 greaseguns equal to Shock's PPSh at CP0
14 Aug 2019, 21:05 PM

Why shocks grens have share cooldown, while grenate assault and flame grenade in volks don't? All elite german infantry don't have share cooldown on grenades. While shock hould? They don't have sprint.
14 Aug 2019, 21:09 PM

It possible to fasten animation of cons molotov? Like USF have for rifles in doctrine.
14 Aug 2019, 21:13 PM

For commisar doctrine possible make ability "Scorched earth" on VP, but without blocking from capping? Just fire to damage units. If not possible, maybe to scorched earth also add booby trap (will be 2 separated abilities), like doctrine with kv-2 and shocks have.
14 Aug 2019, 21:17 PM

Patch notes are missing what the change is TO for the zis/su-76 damage.
14 Aug 2019, 21:26 PM

Add to Defensive tactic heavy at-mines, like rigels. It defensive, but have only light AI mines. Also M-42 (baby at-gun) was nerfed to oblivion - it at least could get decreased price to 200 back, when canister shot was nerfed. Because righ now it even not profit economically. You need 3 light ATG to fight against P4, but it will be 720 MP, while 2 zis cost 640 and counter p4 much better. Which point now in M-42 in that case? It can't fight against infantry and become too expensive to deal with armor.
14 Aug 2019, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:05 PMMaret
Why shocks grens have share cooldown, while grenate assault and flame grenade in volks don't? All elite german infantry don't have share cooldown on grenades. While shock hould? They don't have sprint.
cause they have a looonnggg cd and is a doc ability, and second it's impossible to fix the shock bug, they tried
14 Aug 2019, 21:34 PM

cause they have a looonnggg cd and is a doc ability, and second it's impossible to fix the shock bug, they tried

Obers aren't doctrinal, yet can throw WP nade and bundle nade one after another.

Also, why are you using "its a doc ability" as an argument? Did shocks just became a stock unit that would make your point not ridiculous?
14 Aug 2019, 21:37 PM

I missed momemt when shock became non-doc unit. While volks you have 3-4 squads on field and could throw 5 grenades for 15 muni every time, shocks only 1-2 squads.
I din't know what kind of bug with grenades of shocks, but if it so. Make from regular grenade - grenade assault like volks have in doctrine. They elite and could have elite ability at least.
14 Aug 2019, 21:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:34 PMKatitof

Obers aren't doctrinal, yet can throw WP nade and bundle nade one after another.

Also, why are you using "its a doc ability" as an argument? Did shocks just became a stock unit that would make your point not ridiculous?
shock are doc unit it self, while the nades don't come with unit they ARE the doc ability and again as explained they have a long CD

i think commando can do the same
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 26
Germany 1
Germany 690

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L