Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
14 Aug 2019, 21:39 PM

120 mm soviet mortar - need increase accuracy, but decrease wiping (remove wipe from it) and more wider AOE. It just should become consistent damage dealer due to it's high AOE neither "wipe or not machine". It have longer ROF in compare to regular mortars, this mechanic will good work for it. Because with current performance it's just like su-76 or old ostwind - "dead unit".
14 Aug 2019, 21:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:37 PMMaret

I missed momemt when shock became non-doc unit. While volks you have 3-4 squads on field and could throw 5 grenades for 15 muni every time, shocks only 1-2 squads.
I din't know what kind of bug with grenades of shocks, but if it so. Make from regular grenade - grenade assault like volks have in doctrine. They elite and could have elite ability at least.
again they tried to fix, btw u missed the nerf to the nades they now cost 20 mun
14 Aug 2019, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:34 PMKatitof

Obers aren't doctrinal, yet can throw WP nade and bundle nade one after another.

Also, why are you using "its a doc ability" as an argument? Did shocks just became a stock unit that would make your point not ridiculous?

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:05 PMMaret
Why shocks grens have share cooldown, while grenate assault and flame grenade in volks don't? All elite german infantry don't have share cooldown on grenades. While shock hould? They don't have sprint.

cause they have a looonnggg cd and is a doc ability, and second it's impossible to fix the shock bug, they tried

From February 7th 2019
"Shock Troops

Due to a programming level bug with Shock Troop grenade cooldowns, a shared cooldown has been reinstated.
Cooldown reduced to 20 from 30 to compensate."

Its 2 seconds better than it was in January, Shocks did have an incredibly quick cooldown at 20s plus vet bonus, but it would be better if they found a way to fix it.
14 Aug 2019, 21:48 PM

Hon3ynuts thanks for historic record. But i don't mind against assault grenade ability, even in description bullettin says about huge amounts of grenades for shock troops. Just increase cd if needed.
14 Aug 2019, 21:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:48 PMMaret
Hon3ynuts thanks for historic record. But i don't mind against assault grenade ability, even in description bullettin says about huge amounts of grenades for shock troops. Just increase cd if needed.
it seems theyn just can't have 2 nades with different cd, did u think the mod team did not try to change nade ?
14 Aug 2019, 21:53 PM

it seems theyn just can't have 2 nades with different cd, did u think the mod team did not try to change nade ?

I don't know, i'm not part of mod team. But even if it don't change. Replace one frag grenade to grenade assault to better role fitting.
14 Aug 2019, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 21:53 PMMaret

I don't know, i'm not part of mod team.
i meant that's an obv solution, they be damned if they did not try it
14 Aug 2019, 21:57 PM

i meant that's an obv solution, they be damned if they did not try it

I every day in my job see obvious solutions that no one don't make and even don't try. I don't know what mod team did.
14 Aug 2019, 22:00 PM

I really don't understand why the maxim was buffed it has a 6 man squad . I'm happy for it to have more suppresion but not with 6 men. It should be 5 men at the very most.
14 Aug 2019, 22:01 PM

I really don't understand why the maxim was buffed it has a 6 man squad . I'm happy for it to have more suppresion but not with 6 men. It should be 5 or even 4.

1. Because all SU units have 6 man
2. Because deathlop can't be fixed.
14 Aug 2019, 22:04 PM

I really don't understand why the maxim was buffed it has a 6 man squad . I'm happy for it to have more suppresion but not with 6 men. It should be 5 men at the very most.

If you don't understand the changes, don't post in feedback threads then.

Even die hard axis fanboys acknowledge the fact that maxim just doesn't suppress fast enough and is completely impotent vs blobs, the change addresses the latter.
14 Aug 2019, 22:06 PM

All wheeled team-weapons have deathloop - maxim, dushka, puphen, 120mm mortar(?). It's coded in-game engine.
14 Aug 2019, 22:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 22:04 PMKatitof

If you don't understand the changes, don't post in feedback threads then.

Even die hard axis fanboys acknowledge the fact that maxim just doesn't suppress fast enough and is completely impotent vs blobs, the change addresses the latter.

They HAVE 6 MAN SQUADS , Soviets do NOT deserve suppression in any shape or form with squad sizes that large. Yet they still do.
14 Aug 2019, 22:32 PM

Why was there no change to airborne guards? They seem so squishy right now. Can someone post their stats? Whilst falls were made cheaper(albeit added fg42 for muni) air guards are still at whooping 380 mp. That too cuz of the reasoning that they are now an infiltration unit. But it seems like they don't have proper arsenal to ambush enemy. Eg falls have panzerfaust. Guards have mediocre grenade. I think its on cool down as well. Correct me if I am wrong.
14 Aug 2019, 22:39 PM

So far I tested around a lot with the IS2 and the new vet 1 ability.

What I can say so far: The base performance of the IS2 seems good, the AoE changes dont seem OP. An IS2 needs a lot of time to force units out of heavy cover and the scatter still makes it miss sometimes. Its way worse vs inf than e. g. a Brummbar.

The new vet 1 ability feels only viable if the units are out in the open(not behind heavy cover). Vs garrisoned units it is extremely weak. The reload of the vet 1 ability is much faster than the regular reload, this allows very quick wipes if you use it on a clumped squad right after a regular shot. Very good ability vs blobs
14 Aug 2019, 23:11 PM

Ok smart ass what do you suggest? Buff their suppression even more with 6 men? why not give them rocket artillery on their backs as well and satchels for close range suicide bombing?

The deathloop alone makes it have 4 man survivability.... even when it was the best MG ingame it was never more survivable than 4 man mgs thanks to the deathloop
14 Aug 2019, 23:24 PM

They seem so squishy right now.

Falls. would have a word with you.
14 Aug 2019, 23:26 PM

This really doesnt fix the problem...
1. Penal bullrush is still too strong...
2. Maxims are still dirt useless
3. Unupgraded conscripts are still made of swiss cheese
4. This still leads to the conclusion where penals are necessary just to compete
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS