Login

russian armor

September Balance Patch preview [SPBP] - general discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
22 Aug 2019, 19:23 PM

Does it mean, that they:
1. Have +50% accuracy bonus from stealth with vet 5?
2. Additional +25% accuracy from stealth on the start?
3. Vet 5 bonus now not 50%, but 70%?
And in total - +95%?

It means they should now have:
+25% First Strike bonus at vet 0, and 1.25 x 1.2 = 1.5 or +50% First Strike bonus at vet 5.

The notes should say that vet 5 +50% was changed to +20% to be less confusing, thanks for calling it out, we'll change it.

22 Aug 2019, 19:26 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It means they should now have:
+25% First Strike bonus at vet 0, and 1.25 x 1.2 = 1.5 or +50% First Strike bonus at vet 5.

The notes should say that vet 5 +50% was changed to +20% to be less confusing, thanks for calling it out, we'll change it.

Thank you so much for clarifiring! :thumbsup:
22 Aug 2019, 19:29 PM

Command Tiger I
- Far AOE damage from 0.1 to 1.75
- Mid AOE distance from 1 to 1.5

hey sander i know the mod time like axis but don't u think having more damage in far range than in the close range aoe for the tiger might be too op ?:snfPeter:
22 Aug 2019, 19:36 PM

SEPTEMBER 2019 PATCH PREVIEW - Version 1.2 Changes
August 22nd 2019

Grenadiers - Experimental Change
We think Grenadiers are in a good spot in terms of their combat performance, but with only 4 models, they get wiped too easily once heavy indirect fire and big guns start roaming the battlefield. We’d like to trial a change that replaces their veterancy 3 Received Accuracy with a Damage Reduction modifier. This should help Grenadiers survive explosions damage in the late game, without really having an impact on their durability versus small arms fire.
- Veterancy 3 -23% Received Accuracy replaced by -20% damage reduction

FINALLY ! Now Grens can survive lategame artifest. :hyper::hyper::hyper:
22 Aug 2019, 19:36 PM

Damage reduction for Grens

Are you fucking kidding me? Are grenades just supposed to be fucking worthless versus grens now?

Jesus Christ, reduce their reinforcememt time and cost at vet 3 if you want, but this damage reduction nonsense, especially after we literally just got done removing it from Rangers, and right after all the indirect fire nerfs to USF and Soviets.

Why would anyone think this is a good idea? I mean, its a four man squad nondoc, sure. It's also 240mp.
22 Aug 2019, 19:38 PM

Damage reduction for Grens

Are you fucking kidding me? Are grenades just supposed to be fucking worthless versus grens now?

Jesus Christ, reduce their reinforcememt time and cost at vet 3 if you want, but this damage reduction nonsense, especially after we literally just got done removing it from Rangers, and right after all the indirect fire nerfs to USF and Soviets.

Why would anyone think this is a good idea? I mean?

Because they are a 4man core infantry that blows up with a single mortar in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.
22 Aug 2019, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 19:38 PMJilet

Because they are a 4man core infantry that blows up with a single mortar in EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.

A SINGLE MORTAR
CAN
NOT
KILL
A
SQUAD

MOVE YOUR FUCKING UNITS
22 Aug 2019, 19:42 PM

A SINGLE MORTAR
CAN
NOT
KILL
A
SQUAD
MOVE YOUR FUCKING UNITS

Well 120mm mortar may want to have words with you. Just got my grens reduced to 1hp by the mortar while vaulting the fence. Guess what ? They got sniped one by one on the retreat. Was painful to watch...
22 Aug 2019, 19:44 PM

it's not only mortar, tank shells too, nobody like random Sherman with HEAT shell one shooting gren left and right, or pack howy
22 Aug 2019, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 19:42 PMJilet

Well 120mm mortar may want to have words with you. Just got my grens reduced to 1hp by the mortar while vaulting the fence. Guess what ? They got sniped one by one on the retreat. Was painful to watch...

A lovely ancedote where the rng mortar round managed to land a direct hit and DID NOT KILL THE SQUAD.

And it's all on you if your retreat path isn't clear.
22 Aug 2019, 19:49 PM

A lovely ancedote where the rng mortar round managed to land a direct hit and DID NOT KILL THE SQUAD.

And it's all on you if your retreat path isn't clear.

Sure thing. But your biased eyes are just forgetting the grens MUST BE STATIONARY TO FIRE THE LMG OTHERWISE THEY ARE USELESS which eleminates the RNG factor of mortar shells thus they WILL be hit exclusively more than other infantry by the mortars.
22 Aug 2019, 19:49 PM

it's not only mortar, tank shells too, nobody like random Sherman with HEAT shell one shooting gren left and right, or pack howy

Pack howi also can't oneshot.
Medium tanks are good versus infantry, shock and fucking horror man. Should nerf that to hell ASAP so that they can be even more unappealing to build.

Christ, why dont we just remove all aoe weapons from the game so we can just a-move fucking blobs amd team weapons around all day.
22 Aug 2019, 19:51 PM

Pack howi also can't oneshot.
Medium tanks are good versus infantry, shock and fucking horror man. Should nerf that to hell ASAP so that they can be even more unappealing to build.

Christ, why dont we just remove all aoe weapons from the game so we can just a-move fucking blobs amd team weapons around all day.
ever tried heat barrage ?

u know, they will be same as volks in term of durability vs medium, or should ost always be the child in the corner abused by the others ?

btw the bonus is only at vet 3
22 Aug 2019, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 19:49 PMJilet

Sure thing. But your biased eyes are just forgetting the grens MUST BE STATIONARY TO FIRE THE LMG OTHERWISE THEY ARE USELESS which eleminates the RNG factor of mortar shells thus they WILL be hit exclusively more than other infantry by the mortars.

SO BUILD PZGRENS
SO USE A G43 DOC
SO USE THE BEST MORTAR IN THE GAME AND THE ABILITY DESIGNED TO COUNTER THESE VERY TACTICS

This entire game is play and counterplay - nobody bitches when AT guns counter tanks and vehicles and nobody should be bitching when static gameplay gets countered by an indirect weapon.

And no, your MG42 does not magnetically draw mortar rounds towards it, and the MG42 isnt the only weapon in the game that requires you to stay put.

WHat the absolute fuck are you on
22 Aug 2019, 19:56 PM

ever tried heat barrage ?

u know, they will be same as volks in term of durability vs medium, or should ost always be the child in the corner abused by the others ?

btw the bonus is only at vet 3

If you are so undynamic that you have -after letting a post-nerf pack howitzer reach veterancy 2- utterly refused to adapt to the circumstances of the game and managed to get an entire squad OHKO'd by an area barrage with the worst scatter of any other ability on that unit, it is entirely on you.
22 Aug 2019, 20:00 PM

If you are so undynamic that you have -after letting a post-nerf pack howitzer reach veterancy 2- utterly refused to adapt to the circumstances of the game and managed to get an entire squad OHKO'd by an area barrage with the worst scatter of any other ability on that unit, it is entirely on you.
if u let the enemy reach green vet 3 then is ur problem right ? :snfPeter:
22 Aug 2019, 20:02 PM

if u let the enemy reach green vet 3 then is ur problem right ? :snfPeter:

Want to hazard a bet which veterancy comes sooner and which veterancy is more useful?

I mean, if this change was completely focused on countering this single barrage ability so braindead ostheer players dont get random squad wipes from it, you'd think theyd just nerf the fucking ability.
22 Aug 2019, 20:05 PM

Want to hazard a bet which veterancy comes sooner and which veterancy is more useful?

I mean, if this change was completely focused on countering this single barrage ability so braindead ostheer players dont get random squad wipes from it, you'd think theyd just nerf the fucking ability.
let's ask the mods, to me it seem they saw the pack too strong :snfPeter:
22 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM

let's ask the mods, to me it seem they saw the pack too strong :snfPeter:

That's why they just nerfed the auto-attack scatter and buffed the OP HEAT barrage, right?

Jesus man, do you at least get paid to act like this?
22 Aug 2019, 20:09 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Pershing
- Far AOE damage from 0.2 to 0.225
- Mid AOE distance from 0.35 to 0.4
- HVAP cost from 90 to 60.

I am confused about MID AOE distance change. According to previous changelogs:

AOE distance from 0.75/1.5/2.25 to 0/1.25/3.25 (not 0.35)
AOE damage from 1/0.4/0.2 to 0.75/0.35/0.2

So, was change mid AOE damage, or non-correct information about change mid AOE distance?

Same goes for IS-2 frag shot changes
Fragmentation round damage mid from 0.35 to 0.5
Fragmentation round far damage from 0.135 to 0.2

Previous changelog:
- AOE damage 1/0.5/0.3
- AOE distance 0.15/2/8
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 25
Korea, Republic Of 1